Watercooler ------Monday

taprice

Cathlete
Hi all,

Still raining like I've never seen before. It pounded all night long. Oh well, we do need it.

Today is short cardio, KM leg conditioning drills, and some core. I've already done Eion's quickie and I was really stiff. Nothing like doing yoga right out of bed.

Wendy - I've undercooked bread too. I think you just have to cook bread many times to get the exact feel for it when it's done, the water temp for the yeast, how it feels when you knead it etc. etc. I've always loved to bake yeast bread since I was in my teens. I finally have perfected my ww pizza. It's not all ww flour, but it's something the family enjoys.

Everyone have a great day.

Tracy

Morning,
No workout for me this morning, I got in a little extra sleep. Plan on riding my bike after work as tomorrow's previously scheduled bike ride may not happen due to bad weather. Have to be flexible (if possible) and go when I can to get the riding in.

Tracy, glad you got the rain. We could use some too. Always dry here in northeastern California. I like your new Avatar. Where is it?

Jeanette

Morning Everyone:

Just a little tired this a.m. DS was pretty restless last night so up quite a few times to check on him. He woke up with a temperature so we're staying home today.

He was a great help to me last night. I vacuumed out DH SUV and washed the inside and he was there always offering to help. It's kinda cute how he always wants to be doing what I'm doing.

Today is a cardio day today and might do some kickboxing. The good thing about being home is when DS naps in the afternoon I get my w/o in and my evening is still free.:)

BBL

Good morning!

I've changed up the whole family routine, so this is the first chance I have to sit down. I have about 5 mins. My mornings are going to be busy, so I'll probably be an afternoon/evening check-inner from now on.

This morning I'm going to do GS BSB, and some or all of Amy's ASC. I'll start with the weight work and see how far I get in the cardio before the toddler gets too demanding. It's still snowing. It has snowed for 3 days straight, and the forecast calls for the same allllll week. Is anyone here willing to put up with a disgruntled Canadian for a few weeks?

Oooh! I found PYFH2 at London Drugs yesterday!! I'd given up on thinking I'd be able to get it anywhere by Amazon.com. The sequences look really good! I'm happy about all the emphasis on upper body. Nice counter to PY4H.

Everyone have a great day!
Sandra

Just went back to read last nights posts.

Wendy - I own just 2 Barone Baptists yoga videos - Power Yoga 1 & 2. I bought them I'd say about 10 yrs ago at a fitness conference in Toronto and back when yoga was not so mainstream and very hard to find. I think I only ever did level 1. I remember enjoying it but not noticing much change in my body so kinda of dropped it. Hmmm, I can honestly say 39 and holding (for another 8 months:eek: )

Sandra - what do you do with your little one when you're stuck indoors all day?

Morning Coolers,

My workout this morning was 3m Run and 4DS Chest/Shoulders/Triceps. I didn't get a workout in yesterday, because I wasn't home all day. :( Went to church, came home and had enough time to read the paper. Went back to church for a meeting, picked up someone to take to another meeting, attended the meeting in Illinois and then went out for dinner. We got home around 8pm, but dang was I tired. Hope to get in 4DS Lower Body Weights later tonight. May be tough with dance class. Oh and I still need to get some groceries, the cupboards are bare.

I see Traci is taking some time to get her studies done. Hope the lower body workouts do well for her.

Tracy, Good thing that you are getting the rain, since your area appears to need it. Our sump pump is still working, and we haven't had rain for almost a week. Our yard is still soft in a lot of areas.

Partricia, Sorry to hear about your DH's team, has he finally recovered from the loss? ;-) Hope your DS starts feeling better soon, but dang you get your workout in early today. I agree, that is a bonus when your kids are sick.

Carol, So you had a Max'd out weekend. :7 :7 The day of the track meet my DD said to me, I don't think we are going to do very well. She said that Prom was on Friday night, so all the jr's and sr's would be tired. DD was just happy it wasn't her that screwd up. :7

Sandra, The snow storm you had sounds like the one we had around here at Easter. All winter long I was wondering why I was living in WI. :D Oh come on you have to LOVE XStretch. :D I have found it to be my fav. Hey you can come to my house, because I know exactly what you are going through. We are suppose to have some nice weather all week, with just rain.

Debra, Sounds like you are in need of an upper body workout only until that knee heals more. Does that Dr. Rastin that Traci is using have an upper body only program? ;-) Wow I didn't know that you could have 25 different types of pancakes. Do they put different things in the batter? Sounds really tasty. :9

Jeanette, Sorry to hear that you where the only one that wanted to ride yesterday. How is your training going? Your DH is getting rid of the stuff in the yard slowly I see. One more thing gone is a positive right! :D My DH is also concerned about his growing belly, but doesn't seem to want to do anything about it.

Kim, LOL about DH and the weights. You are an evil woman! }( Oh glad you had fun with your DD. Just wait till she is a teen, and then you can just leave her in the jr. section. When mine is done she comes and gets me, so I can approve her choices. :D

Wendy, I had to LOL about Phil fishing in the stream outside your house. LOL :7 :7 I could just see him doing that too! Did you get all the paperwork done for your home schooling?

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hello :)

Sandra: I really don’t know if I’d be able too come, I sure love too. If I did I'd drive, I know..I know... But first, I need to find out how many miles from me to too your front door:D

Nicole: You are starting to sound like my son. He love flying, I won't and I'm not. Ok, here's an option I can get hypnotized :+ :+ :+ :+ You can fly.....you can fly.......you can fly

S&H Chest and Back + Abs

I'm glad cardio is not on the books today! I have a horrid UTI and it's really hard to jump around when I do:(

Teddygirl, You are too funny, maybe one day:)

Busy weekend. Sorry I didn't get in here. I did see Traci will be gone for a bit though:( I hope she enjoys her down time.

See you all in a bit I hope:)

Nicole

Feel the burn!!!
070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Well, finished 40min of Kathy's Smith's Kickboxing w/o. I think I only did it one other time about 3 years ago so thought I'd pull it out. It was good as shows a lot of technique. Decided I wanted some more cardio so popped in Christi's Still Jumpin and did that for another 15 min. Trying to get her choreography down.

In spring cleaning mode. Started going through DS dresser and packing up clothes too small and see what I need for the summer. Might pack up my winter clothes this afternoon.

Nicole - I've had UTI's b/4 and not fun. I guess H20 is your best friend right now.:-(

Laurie - don't you wish all the running around counts for a w/o? I think so especially since it means you're not sitting at home on the couch with chips in your hand.

TG - my DH is afraid of heights but will fly in a big plane. I convinced him to do a tour of the Grand Canyon when we were in LV a few years ago. Boy, that was a mistake. The plane was so small and it was hot and crowded and he sat the whole time with his hands gripping the front street ahead of him and looking down at his feet. Needless to say it was not fun for me either as I felt so bad.
He had wanted to rent a convertible and go for a ride but noooooo, I had to have my way. Have you actually been on a plane b/4?

:eek:

Hi all...Sorry I haven't been by for a chat...especially since I promised to be back yesterday...but I got busy...Ooops!! I am actually going to be running around for the next couple of hours...and I have some research to do tonight for my group presentation for class...but I should have time to get back this evening...

I did a KPC premix yesterday plus the arm drills and abs from CTX kickboxing. Today I did Squeeze...and I am hoping for good weather so that I can get a bike ride in the week...but so far lots of rain and clouds. I will be doing Amy's Slo Mo upper body this week for weight work as I am still in slow/heavy mode. My knee is okay...I can definitely feel it when doing jumps and stuff, so I left that out of KB yesterday, but Squeeze didn't seem to bother it today...Lots of leg work without too much stress on my knee.

Anyhoo...sending out love and kisses...I am planning on being back this evening to play some!!
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Hi all,

I did a mish mosh of stuff today. CTX all step cardio, KB leg conditioning drills, and B&G abs. I think the CTX step is harder than the 4ds, but I was on an 8" step. Legs still felt a little fatigued from yesterday.

TG - It's too far to drive from where you live to Canada. We drove from CA to WA to VA only stopping at night and it took a long time.

Debra - Glad you found something you can do that doesn't tweek the knee. Your class must be almost over isn't it?

I have to go, I may be back later.

Tracy

Oh Jeanette - That avatar is from CO, somewhere between Gunnison and Durango. It was a beautiful spot. There were several lakes up about 12000 and they were all different colors. Tough hike, but what a reward at the end.

Tracy

Hi all...back to catch up a bit! TTOM is right around the corner and I feel like sh** today. Ugh. I feel bloated up like a blowfish. Sushi anyone??

personals...

Tracy....
I think All Step is a tough one too...especially if you did it on 8". I tried that one last week with my knee not feeling great, and I forgot how much jumping there is in that one...The endless toe/heels!! My class is over on May 5...which is the day our group presentation is due. I have 4 others in my group...and one them is a little crazy....I don't care if I have to do all the work as long as they show up and do what I tell them...LOL! The group presentation counts 20% of our grade. I just got a fabric knee brace...so I will try that the next time I think I will stress it with exercise.

Jeanette...
Glad you got a little extra shut eye! I was telling CBL about your upcoming riding event last night at dinner...as he was telling me I should ride my bike more...LOL! I did not get the pancakes for breakfast yesterday...I usually stick with eggs...Crazily enough, I don't really like pancakes...Now French toast is another matter!!! But I try not to get it since I can't seem to stop eating it once I start.

Patricia....
Sorry your little guy is under the weather today...But nice to be able to spend a little extra time with him. My DD grew out of everything she had from last summer...She is literally 2 sizes bigger this year...not around...just in height! WTH?? She is thin, though, so everything is big in the waist for her. I have to get her slims or things that have adjustable waists. Good luck with all of that spring cleaning!

Sandra...
LOL about switching up your whole family's routine! I am assuming this is to give you some extra time for your dissertation. WooHoo on finding PY4H2!!!! You are going to love it!! No, no, no....No ostrich for this girl...lol. The beef and the lamb I have gotten from the farmer's has been excellent, though. Really tender. It sounds like you had some sort of orgasmic experience with the tomato sandwich last summer, so no wonder you didn't want anyone around...LOL!

Laurie....
Sounds like you had a VERY busy day yesterday!! Hope you can make time for legs tonight...If not, though...I guess there is always tomorrow...LOL! Does your DD have a recital at the end of the school year for dance?? My DD has been busily working on hers...it's a big secret, but from what I know it is going to be really cute! Some of the pancakes have different batters...and then some just have different toppings. Waaaaay too many choices for me...I normally stick with the eggs.

Nicole...
Sorry about your UTI...I used to get those all the time...but I haven't had one in years, now....knock on wood!!

Wendy...
Lol about the 'hemp' pancakes...WTH did that come from??? I went to Ham's the other day, and I thought of you...didn't have ham, though. I also wore your shirt today...Thanks again!!! You mean Phil took longer than normal last night??? Has he been getting pointers from Wendell??

Waving to Teddygirl, Kim, Carol, Chritianne, Lea and Traci (if you're lurking!) Hope I didn't miss anyone!!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Wow Tracy - 8" step. I haven't been able to do that since my 20's. I think that is why I used to go to the chiropractor once a week.

Debra - glad to hear you're finding alternatives/modifications that are not bothering your knee.

My DS slept for 3.5hrs this afternoon so had a good w/o and lots of time to just relax. Couldn't get motivated to do anymore cleaning.

DH hubby came home early and we went for a walk around the neighbourhood so that was nice. It's gotten hot and humid here and we had snow this time last week.

DS seems to be feeling better and hope to be able to drop him off at day-care tomorrow. I need to get to work by Wed. as I have Thurs/Fri. off.

After LASIK I think they recommend you limit the t.v. and computer time and even reading but I'm sure I'll be okay to check-in briefly. I'm getting excited.

Teddygirl, I checked the distance from Bedford, Ohio, USA to Edmonton, Alberta, Canada is 1695 miles. That's a very long drive. Kim

Hi all,
Busy, busy day at work. Hope I can get a little more caught up tomorrow. Was planning on riding my bike tonite, but too windy. Decided to just make it a full rest day as I didn't work out this morning either. I did go outside and hit whiffle balls with my golf clubs in the front yard. Tomorrow is supposed to be a bike ride with a few other girls, but the weather is not predicted to be too conducive to bike riding, so we'll see. Have a 60 mile bike ride planned for Sunday. If I can get that in, I'll feel really good about the hilly 50 mile organized ride in 2 weeks.

Patricia, so nice you can stay home when your DS is sick. When my kids were little, I worked in the office at a sawmill. They didn't provide sick leave so when I was off with the kids, no moolah. Thankfully, they weren't sick too often. Hope he is feeling better tomorrow. How old is he? Maybe I'll get Christi's Still Jumpin' out tomorrow, to go along with a 4DS weight workout. I love Christi's choreography and cuing. What day is your surgery?

Sandra, darn on all that snow! I'm getting so tired of wind around here. Guess it could be worse. A gal I know who lives in Cheyenne, Wyoming is a cyclist, but can't ride outside many times due to windy conditions. It's windy there quite often.

Laurie, your day yesterday sounded busy, busy. Did you ever get to just sit and relax? I asked DH last night what workout he wanted to do on Monday. He quickly said that painting was going to be his workout, and that he'd be pretty pumped from all that. Right. Let me know when you really get serious, otherwise... My bike training is going okay. If this wind would die down and our temps get above 50 degrees it would be a whole lot nicer training. A long ride this weekend will make me feel a lot better too. Our cupboards are getting bare too. Groceries are getting pretty costly, I hate to even go anymore.

Nicole, so sorry about the UTI. Hope it doesn't stay around long. Your signature says "Feel the burn". I hope that doesn't mean it's from the UTI.

Tracy, nice mish mosh today. I always enjoy All Step. Was that in 2007 that you went to Colorado, or year before? Beautiful shot! Aren't you going on a hiking trip this year too?

Debra, so happy to hear your knee didn't bother you with Squeeze. What is the topic of your group presentation? What, you don't like pancakes??? Unheard of!!! LOL, wish I didn't. Actually, there's not much I don't like. Hope you can get that bike out soon and find a good place to ride. Hams, do they serve more than ham there? LOL! People were staring at our group disapprovingly there. "I'll have a beer!" That's our Wendy!

Well, I'm done early for a change. It's only 8:21. Unheard of for me.

Jeanette

Good evening Gang. Just checking in before heading to bed. Since I want a full 8 hours tonight, this will be brief.

Tracy - have you tried any of Eoin's new yoga? Yup, I agree that CTX cardio is more intense than 4DS. There was a time, years ago, when I found CTX cardio too "light." Those were the good ol' days...

Patricia - How's your son? Did his temp come down today? What do I do with my toddler between October and June, you ask? Go slowly crazy, pretty much sums it up. She watches way more tv than I would like, but sometimes it's the only way we can get by. If you've got any ideas, I'd love to hear them! Oooh, are you doing the Lasik this week?

Laurie - Yes, I DO love XStretch! I honestly do! I wasn't being sarcastic or anything the other day. Sounds like you were really busy this weekend and today. It continued to snow today. I'm happy someone can relate :)

Teddygirl - It would be a veeery long drive.

Nicole - Why do you get so many UTIs? Do you have some kind of condition that makes you more prone to them?

Debra - Oh! Did you see a few weeks back that I actually did portions of Squeeze?? I did! I did! And it was nice. Be kind to that knee. Yes, I like my private time with my tomatoes LMAO!!! The routine-switch is actually to get the toddler to bed at a decent hour in the evening. We've been having a tough time with that for a couple months, at least. So, I'm trying to wake her earlier in the morning.

Jeanette - Ah, an unplanned rest day. I'm sure you needed it :) I'm with you on being confused about someone not liking pancakes. I adore them. Without Wendy and Traci around today, there's not as much to catch up on, is there? I need to read last night's posts to find out why we haven't heard from Wendy today.

Wendy - Ahh, I see, just a busy day for you. I hope it went well. Excellent news on how well the bread turned out! I've found in the last year of making bread 1 or 2x a week, that I learn the most when I make a mistake. Like the night I completely forgot about the bread as it was proofing. I usually let it proof for 45mins before putting it in the oven. That night I forgot about it for 1 1/2 hours. Turns out, the loaves rose much higher than I'd ever had before. So, I'm now leaving the proof rise to last much longer from now on. How's your shoulder? How are you doing with the "prescribed" lower body rotation? LOL!!

Okay, I'm heading to bed! Hello to Lea, Kim, Carol, Christiane.... anyone else? I can't remember. But hello anyway!

Cheers,
Sandra

Good evening/morning Ladies!

Yes, it's another late nighter for me. Can't blame dh this time.:+

Shhh... Don't tell Traci... Traci, if you're lurking, skip to the next paragraph. No workout for me today. My shoulder/back is stiff, but no pain or pressure. Phil gives me an occasional massage. He's starting to complain of carpal tunnel syndrome!:p Anyhow, I'm going to pick up on Day 2 tomorrow.:)

However, I baked 3 loaves of bread today: one banana loaf and two oatmeal loaves. Made many mistakes along the way. Oh well, I'm sure someone will eat them!

Bottoms Up!

Sandra: Whooo Hooo! Isn't Eoin WONDERFUL! I just love love love him!!! How's your schedule arrangement working for you? I'm overwhelmed by the information in Laurel's book. I'm not very fond of having to flip back and forth between chapters to find the information I need either. I wished she had structured her book differently. Even still, I'm learning a lot. I never realized that my favorite banana bread recipe was merely a faux cake recipe. Nor, did I realize my fundamentalist friends cheat by adding wheat gluten to Laurel's oatmeal recipe! I didn't proof my oatmeal loaves long enough tonight. I knew it before I even put it in the oven. By then I didn't care. I was tired of poking a hole with my finger! The banana bread was edible. I used too much not fully riped, mashed bananas in the recipe. I used dried apricots and chopped walnuts in it. Mmmm! Excuse me. Does Traci and I really chat that much? You should hear Debra in real life!!! How shocked Traci was to discover Debra's outgoing LOUD, TALKATIVE self!!!:D

Jeanette: I'm going to Performance Bike around noon tomorrow/today (depending on what time you read this). Did you get a special tire to use with your trainer? How's the Captain coming along with his new found motivation? Is he still drinking lite beer?:+ I'm surprised he said running instead of biking. Running is tough on my joints. Okay, here's what was going through my mind about the beer... You guys had me all concerned about tap water. So, I was thrown for a loop when the waiter told me they didn't have bottled water!!! I was racking my brain trying to think of what to drink. Wine didn't sound very good considering I already had two glasses the night before.}( ;) I quit drinking soda over a year ago, and I'm lactose intolerant -- milk was not an option. Then I thought of Phil, and beer popped into my head!!!:p Serious as all get out! :7 He was so proud of me! Thankfully, I was able to use your soda to wash my potentially diseased lime.:7 It's not my fault we were getting disapproving stares from the peanut gallery. It's Phil's!!!! }( :+ Did you break down and buy Platemates yet? I got mine from Fitness Wholesale. The total including shipping came to $26.05 per pair of hex 1.25 lb. Platemates with magnets. It would have probably been cheaper to buy two pairs in one order. About dh joining the check-in... don't worry. He has and never had any intention to join. I was just recalling how some of ya'll joked about him joining since he was doing the X with me when I first joined. That man wouldn't even come here to give you guys an update when I was homesick in Thailand! Shoot, he doesn't even know how to check our email account!!! LOL

Debra: Smart workout! Did KenpoX ever hurt your knees? It did mine till ??? clued me in on Naked Kenpo! Girl, come on! You know I'm not fond of sushi! Thanks for another gross word association visual to clutter my mind! I think I'll file it alongside tap water! ;) Blueberry Hemp pancakes came from the latest Clean Eating magazine!!! Eldest dd actually likes them.:eek: My boys HATE them, and think I've bribed dd to tell everyone they taste good!:p The twins tolerate them.;-) And, Phil thinks we're to smoke them!:7 Glad you asked?:D Do you have a resistance trainer for your bike? Consider it. You could ride in your pjs!!! Oh! I'm glad you liked the shirt I took off my back enough to wear it. Isn't it pretty. I liked the colors more than the cut. I got it at the end of the season sale. I like that brand... they have some cute, overpriced shirts this season. Hopefully, they'll have some in my size come mid-summer on sale. ROFLOL! He's not conditioned for an endurance based three track just yet! That's okay by me! I best keep Wendell away from emailing him form pointers!!!}(

Tracy: Is that picture from the hike you and your boys took on vacation last summer? It is beautiful! 8" step is too high for me. That must have been quite the workout though, especially since you're tiny! Maybe, that's why I'm not.;) Did your mother teach you how to bake bread? I'm not holding out much hope that I'll ever hit the prized buns. However, I'm investing the time for my dds' sakes. By the time they are running their own households, they should have a good understanding of bread baking if I continue down this path. Maybe, they'll bring me some bread when I'm in the nursing home. ;-) Do you mind sharing your ww pizza recipe? I could always use a recipe to practice tweaking. The kids like the ww pizza dough recipe Sandra posted, but they prefer a crispier crust.

Teddygirl: I haven't forgotten you. I need to upload pictures onto my computer. I'll get to it right after I learn how to use my ipod, learn how to use a trainer, and upload my Thailand pictures. Basically, what I'm saying is that I will most likely forget unless you yell at me Sarge Sandra Style!:+ I agree with the other ladies. Edmonton is too far a drive, especially with gas prices these days. Anyhow, can't you get drugs for that phobia?:9 }(

Nicole: Oh, I think I had an UTI while I was dehydrating in that 3rd world country! I searched everywhere for cranberry juice to no avail. Sorry to hear you're suffering. Have a cranberry cocktail for me!!!

Laurie: Did your imagination also include Phil only catching a snapping turtle?!?!:7 Poor Phil, he didn't catch a single fish ALL weekend!!! Then our friend went out and caught a HUGE, FAT rainbow trout in less than 1 minute. It was hilarious! OH! Heck no! I still have a ton of paperwork to complete. I haven't even started on their portfolios yet. Knowing me, I'll procrastinate until the last second. It'll be an all nighter right before their evaluation for sure. Don't push yourself too hard! I know you're conditioned. But, I don't want to see you on the IL anytime soon!!! Try to get some rest.

Patricia: I don't have those Baron dvds. But, I do go to a Baptiste affiliated power heated yoga studio. They focus more on athletic strength and stamina vs. the spiritual side. From what I've read, Baron is leaning more to the spiritual at his bootcamps/retreats. How's your little one doing now? It must be difficult working when your ds is sick! When I was in college, my sister would often watch my boys if they got sick. Usually, my ex worked the night shift so we didn't have to put the boys in daycare or worry about sick days. Still, it was taxing. Wow, I thought you were younger than me since your ds is three. Then again, I had my first born when I was only 19. Yeah. I don't recommend it to anyone. I was a much better mother from maturity and experience by the time my girls were born. Do you plan on having any more children? Traci says I'm going to have 8??? more!:7

Hi to Traci (if you're lurking), Christiane (if you're lurking), Carol (if you can wrestle dh for the computer), and Kim. Hope you all are doing well!!!

Okay ladies, off to bed I go. I have a busy week ahead. Trainer shopping, ipod learning, hair coloring, and massage. :) Not necessarily in that order.

Sweet Dreams!
Wendy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.