Watercooler~~~~Magic Monday...NOT!

aschendell

Cathlete
Just starting us off....back to visit after class!! Hope everyone has a great day.

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Hey Coolers :)

Sorry I never made it back yesterday, there was just too much stuff going on around here. The computers now have wireless cards :D We still have to get them set up where they're supposed to go, and DH had to order a desk for the one, but it won't be much longer 'til it's all set up. I never did get my workout in, though :( as I was trying to help DH get everything set up with the computers. I will definitely be tackling PUB today, though! I'm ready to lift heavy after so many days off!! I really need a rotation to keep me on track.

Wendy -- I hope you find your HRM soon. I'm such a geek I'm glued to mine, lol.

Kim -- That sounds like a great pace! Congrats on your race :D ^5

Patricia -- Mixed mess is the worst! I hope you get mostly plain rain and leave the frozen stuff in the sky!

Sandra -- What are your training classes for? It sounds neat :D Core Max is evil }( in a good way, of course ;-)

Debra -- When is your presentation due?

Tracy -- I was eyeing that one up. I think I'll join you :D

Jeanette -- Just decided to buy a car? :-O Wow, how cool! I hope you love your new wheels!

Hi to everyone else! I hope you all have a great day!

Carol

Morning All

Back to work and busy busy. Have a light dusting of snow on the ground YUK.

Thinking of just doing Gym Styles this week and no cardio. Have Yoga on Tues. night.

BBL.

Morning Coolers,

Sorry I didn't get on to chat this weekend, just so busy. DH has been working till about 1am every night since Friday. Talk about a tired guy this morning. :(

Saturday I was able to get in 4DS Chest, Shoulders & Triceps. Sunday I started out the day forgetting that I had to set up communion service. I remembered while standing in the shower. Seems like April 27th came up on me way to quick. :D :D After church the girls and I went to get a b'day present for a party. I got in 4DS Back & Biceps plus 4DS KB Core. Then the rest of the day was the b'day party. Overall the party was a good one.

This morning was a 3m run (which I was able to run in 9.3 min. pace :D ) felt really good, and tonight I would like to get in a longer yoga workout.

Wendy, I went to CVS and found the lavender muscle soak. I also got a bottle for my DD's since they have such dry skin too. I probably should wear my HRM more, just don't like the feel of that strap around my chest. I would like to get one that is just like a wrist watch. That I can stand. :D Glad your massage went so well, and that you have someone that is so good. On the CC's I like them all, but I didn't see that you had CC#6 with Candace. That one is a favorite for me. Have not seen my boss yet this morning, maybe he isn't coming in. Could be jet lag or he had way to much fun in the sun!

Carol, So all your computers are going wireless now. That is nice. We do want to get a laptop, and I think then we will go wireless.

Patricia, We are suppose to be getting snow here later today. So glad it didn't actually show up yesterday like they said it would. DH tried to get some of the lawn mowed yesterday, but it was still a little too cold to be driving around. :D

Tracy, WTG on the SH DVD find for $20. I still have that set on VHS too. That is probably why I don't do those workouts to often. I never think to check out Amazon for Cathe workouts. DUH!!! I would like to get the DVD with PH/MIS/BM on it.

Kim, Congrats on the race! WTG!!!

Sandra, Glad you are enjoying your YMCA training. How long is the training for? Great that they will give a discount, and a sitting service too. I had to LOL about the sweat band from the 80's. I was thinking the same thing when I read about Patricia not getting sweat in her eyes. :7 :7 :7 Oh and of course you can't forget Olivia's song "Physical" :7 :7 :7 Only during the 80's could you make a video about exercise. :7 :7 I was thinking of attempting In the Ring this week. Hope I'm able to get some of the workout down. You are right I didn't want to haul all those weights, that is why I only got the 25#. The store I went to didn't have carts. It was actually funny trying to carry the weights, my purse and the new shorts I bought.

Jeanette, I did an LOL about the new car having to fit the clubs and bike. :7 :7 WTG on the ride you had yesterday. Dang, don't think I could even do half that distance. :D I did manage to get my run in on Friday, but it was on my TM. We had pouring rain, and of course way to cold. The rain was running down our windows like a little river. I made it a fun workout by doing a interval run that was in Oxygen mag. I was designed by Janet Jenkins, and I did the 30 min run. That 30 min. went by fast by doing it that way. Probably why I like the CC's so much too.

Have a great day,

Laurie

Good Morning Ladies,

I've got a ton of organizing to do today!!! We rearranged our computer/bookcases room, and replaced my 15 year old computer desk with a new one. We went to Target, Staples, Crate & Barrel, and Walmart. We tried going to Ikea, but they are no longer there!:eek: Can you believe that Walmart had one I like the best for price and style!!! The ones at Crate and Barrel were a joke! Stylish, but ZERO practicality!!!

No cardio workout for me yesterday. I did manage to get Eoin Shoulder^^ in before bed. Today is ??? SH legs? No. GS legs? Maybe. B&G? Not feeling the love. L&G? I think we've got ourselves a winner here! :+ I'll follow it up with a little Eoin.

Hopefully, I'll BBL for personals. I need to get on the ball. There's books, papers, and homeschool supplies all over the floor!!! It's a mess! I can't stand it!!!

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Good afternoon!

I just finished DrillMax. Gotta love that one. One of my all-time favourites, for sure.

Debra - how much longer with that class? Do you get a summer break, then, or launch into another right away?

Carol - I'm taking the Instructor Training course through the YMCA, which will allow me to be a personal trainer to ymca members. Apparently it's a qualification that is recognized by organizations outside of the ymca, too, so hopefully I can go somewhere with it. Have fun with PUB! What rotation will you do?

Patricia - YUK on the snow!!! How are your eyes feeling?

Laurie - How's the busiest lady on the block? I'll be doing 4DS weights this week, too. And maybe for the next 3 weeks. They're very effective. There's 44 hours of training for the "Basic Theory" course, which is what I'm doing right now. Then there's an "Applied Theory" course and "Apprenticeship Training". I don't know how long those are for, but about the same or slightly less than the Basic Theory. I'll have most of it wrapped up by the end of June. And then you are expected to do 50 hours of volunteer service for the Y. What store sells dumbells, purses and shorts??

Wendy - You have another new computer? Didn't you get one last year? With Vista? I remember the Vista saga. Huh?? An Ikea store went out of business?! Or just moved? If Ikea starts to go out of business, your economy is reallllly in trouble. I chatted with you a bit today on the Bread thread on OD. Have fun with LG ("I can't go for that....Noooo....No can do!"). Watch for the butt wiggle during the standing ankle weight work :) Cracks me up every time.

The toddler got tired of watching me exercise today, so near the end of my workout she came back upstairs. When I came up 15 mins later, she was no where in sight. "Where's Kate?" I wondered aloud, "Did she put herself down for a nap?" A brief pause, then a distant, "No!". Huh? Where was she?? "Where are you??" I ask. "In the closet." LMAO!!! She'd shut herself in the kitchen pantry, with the light off, and was sitting on the Rubbermaid stool, mowing through a box of Girl Guide cookies. She was happy as a clam, her face covered in chocolate. I've got to get a lock for that door.

Have a great day!
Sandra

Good Evening:

Just killing some time b/4 bedtime for DS and then off to do a w/o. Thinking of 4DS Bi/Tri and not sure what cardio after tha.

Laurie - so I'm not the only one who stands in the shower and start thinking about my day. Maybe the should put showers in our offices as that seems to be when I do my best thinking:p

Sandra - don't have DrillMax. Is there a lot of high impact? My eyes are feeling great today BTW. I have to go w/o eye makeup for 2 weeks so everyone at work so me oh-naturel:-( I have tined moisturizer and lip gloss and figure that will have to do for now. Hilarious toddler storey. I don't have that problem yet as DS doesn't leave the room I'm in generally.

Wendy - don't you just love all the shopping until you get home and remember all the work that goes along with it afterwards. I have to have everything assembled and put away immediately while I'm still in the mood or else it doesn't get done.

DH is starting to roll his eyes at me. What are you on CATHE again? What are you posting, what's your screen name. He doesn't get the fascination for the forum. I haven't told him about STS yet
:p

BBL

Hello ladycoolers,

"Litterally" back from the dead. Soooo much has happened in the last 3 weeks my head is still spinning.
Let's start by the beginning shall we?
If you recall (and you may not;-) ) I mentioned that "something" was going on in our lives but I couldn't talk at the time. Well DH after 30 years at the same company decided to make a HUGE career change. He is leaving his present company and well you guessed it moving from Luxembourg. We spent the last 3 weeks finalizing the details (acceptance into his new position, negotiating his new contract...). I spent all of last week in Montreal where we originally come from to find a new condo as we are again keeping the house in MI.
I am presently in MI, trying to get as much done as possible, working in the garden so it's nice and tidy before I leave. I am leaving Monday for Luxembourg and the movers are coming the week of May 12th. I should be back in MI on the 19th. But then I have to wait for the furniture to come here, unload by myself as DH will already be in Mtl and then leave to meet him there. However it is very possible that I also have to move DD as we are hoping she will secure something in NYC. So life is anything but boring.
Because of all that's going on, I will "retreat" from this group for a while, although I may peek in sometime and do some quick personnals:+ . You have been so great and supportive I wanted at least to give you a heads up for why I was AWOL for so long although you are used to my "absence" by now. I will never be a daily regular but hopefully you will still accept me into the group as I value so much the interaction I've had so far with you ALL;-) ;-) ;-)
So please don't discount me for good as I shall return.

<<<<<<<HUGS AND KISSES TO ALL>>>>>>>

Christiane - what wonderful news. I can only imagine how busy you have been and also with negotiating new contracts. The whole ordeal can be so frustrating but at least Mtl is something familiar to you. So you've upped us Canadian and the American Coolers by becoming dual-citizen...:p

I've only been to Montreal for our Grade 8 trip and have never been back. DH used to go all the time to F1 and of course right now we're watching the Canadiens lose to Philly.:7

How come the DH's always get out of all the heavy work. At least you'll be able to place all the furniture where you want it.

Will your condo be furnished or do you go on a shopping spree?

Okay, just finished 4DS bi/tri and did the express cardio from YBB Rockin Cardio Jam. Michelle is starting to grow on me as I keep going to this when I need a quick "lite" w/o. Still build up a sweat but not overly taxing.

Wore my sweat band and thought about doing Charlene Prickett's Hang in There as I know she wears a sweat band in it but it's all hi impact and think that may fall under "vigourous activity".

Sheesh, I think the sweat band actually causes more sweat. You don't realize how much you sweat until you're not allowed to.:eek:

Started taking B Complex today. Does anyone else do that? I can't say I'm lacking in energy but I've heard people say they feel it makes a difference so thought I'd see for myself.

Our official race times were just posted, we finished the half marathon with a time of 2:10:44 and we ranked 24 out of 109 female relay teams.
Good to see you posting Christiane, take care and hopefully we'll be able to see more of you when things settle down.
Just got back from piano lessons and need to tackle homework with dd so will be back for personals.
Kim

Well...it is almost 10 o'clock here and I just now have time to say hello!! Let's see...yesterday I did PY4H Magically Hips...and then Wii bowling...wait, does that count as exercise?? LOL! Then today I did 4DS KB plus calves and KM leg conditioning drills with ankle weights plus some abs from CTX. Tomorrow I will be taking off since I am heading to the Jimmy Buffett concert...a full day of tailgating and then the concert..Fun!!! No other major news going on in my life...just same old same old!!

personals.....

Carol...
Hi there!! It is tough to keep on track without a rotation...sometimes even WITH a rotation...LOL! My presentation is cue on May 5...we have a practice run this Thursday. I will be glad when this is over!!

Patricia...
Snow???? Yuck is right! Just tell DH that sometimes the Cathe forums get to be such an obsession....what are you gonna do??? So glad your eyes are doing well! Let me know how the B complex works out for you...I have had an energy problem for a few months that no one has been able to help me with. I will be interested to hear if that works for you. LOL about the sweatband!!! The tooth fairy brings $5 now...I used to a a quarter!!

Laurie...
Why is DH working so late on the weekends?? Does he have a special show that he is involved in?? Did your wine make it there safe and sound yet? Glad you had such a nice run this morning. We are all wireless here...once you go, you never go back...LOL!

Wendy...
I am sure you are completely organized by now...LOL! Or maybe not. Did you end up doing LG? I was supposed to do legs today, but I strained a glute/hamstring muscle last night somehow (don't ask) and so I didn't feel like I could do squats without injuring myself, so just some KB and conditioning drills. Say hi to Eoin for me...have you done PY4H2 yet?? Do you have another email address that is easier for you to access? I would be happy to send all of my nonsense to you there! I also had a bath last night...with CBL...It was lovely!! I want to get some more Wii things...but haven't gotten around to it yet. Glad you had such a wonderful massage the other day...sounds like you found a keeper of a masseuse. Oh, I see now that you you do have PY4H2...I love that one!! The Tick is very happy this evening since the doodle is gone to the kennel for a couple of nights. I have one happy cat for a couple of days.

Tracy...
Did you guys have bad weather up there today?? I saw where some parts of VA got some nasty weather, but I wasn't sure if it made it up your way. My semester is quickly coming to a close...which is good...I will be glad to have a couple of weeks off from school so that I can get a few things around the house done.

Sandra...
DM, hunh?? I don't think I have ever done that one as produced....I am waaaaaay too lazy for that!! My class is done on May 5 and then I start summer classes on May 19...so I get a whole 2 weeks off....WooHoo. During the 2 weeks I have all kinds of stuff to do with the Diva at school. I was hoping to have a little mommy time, but it doesn't look like that now. LOL about the toddler and the cookies...I came out of my bedroom the other day to catch the Diva digging into a big bag of Doritos! I guess that is what I get for buying the darn things to begin with. I am so glad you are enjoying all of your YMCA classes...sounds like you are learning a lot.

Christianne..
Sounds like you are SUPER busy!! Hope all of the move things go well for you all...That is always stressful. Check in when you get the chance...We would love to see you whenever you can.

Kim...
Congratulations on your placement!! Have fun with the piano lessons and the homework...or not...LOL. I had someone ask me the other day at school about occupational therapy and I truly didn't know exactly what your job entails...so give me a quick synopsis if you have time...I did relate your hockey stick story from the other day, though!!

Jeanette....
It sounds like you will be ready for your organized ride nest week!! Good for you! WooHoo on the new car!!! Didn't you just get rid of a car?? Does this just add to your accumulation of vehicles or did you trade one in? I don't really have allergies...I think the air quality because of the pollen just makes it more difficult to breathe. I actually made a mostly healthy dinner last night....baked halibut, fresh corn and a little pasta. It was really good. And, yes, CBL is silky smooth...LOL! Get those bushes planted!! I keep thinking of you guys...I have about 5 trees in my yard that need to come down...I wish your DH was here to cut them down and take away all the lumber!!

Okay...I think I am caught up...at least for now! I will check on you guys in the morning before we head out for a full day of food and drink!! Kind of like the retreat...LOL! Happy evening to all!!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Hi all,
Day went by pretty fast today. No workout for me, not even practicing golfing in the front yard with my whiffle balls. I would have except it was too windy. When it's windy, I can't keep those little balls on the tee. Teehee. I did get some vacuuming done and put away some folded clothes. I did, however, get a short walk in during my break this afternoon. Not sure what my workout will be tomorrow. Maybe floorwork legs. I'm reluctant to do a heavy leg workout as my right hamstring was a little sore this morning from yesterday's ride. Have a climbing bike ride tomorrow after work with the ladies, but high winds are predicted so we'll just see how it is after work.

On to personals:

Carol, did you get PUB done? That's a great workout for sure. My arms are usually fried by the time I have to do those pikes on the ball. The bicep work is no picnic either, so I cheat and do that one first. I enjoyed driving my new little car to work today.

Laurie, what is your DH slaving away at until 1 a.m.? Did your boss ever show up for work? Mine is gone this week so I'm catching up on stuff he already gave me to do. Glad you enjoyed your run. I had a sore shoulder and upper back from my bike ride yesterday. I had DH massage my neck and upper back with Wendy's massage oil and I woke up feeling really good.

Wendy, did you get all that organizing done? Did you get some bread baking done too? How's the shoulder?

Sandra, great job on Drill Max! Does that one have weight work in it? See, I've only probably done a premix from it and can't remember. LOL about your toddler eating the cookies. I remember when I was young, but old enough to have money, I bought a tin of toffee peanuts from the Camp Fire Girls. I hid them in my pajama drawer and only ate a few at a time. The only difference from then and now is that now I would eat the whole tin!

Patricia, my DH doesn't say anything about my time on Cathe.com anymore. It's been nice to be on the wireless laptop out here with him, instead of in a separate room each night.

Christiane, a new adventure beginning for you! We will miss you and hope you can pop in from time to time. Enjoy the gardening.

Kim, WTG on the relay time!! That's awesome!!

Debra, yes, we just got rid of a car and now we got another one! You know, if someone would invent an SUV that went well off road (like a Jeep), was raised up high enough off the road, got GREAT gas mileage, we'd buy it. Hope you have a blast at the buffet, I mean Buffett concert! Was Traci going before you or after, I can't remember. Sometime, could you post that chicken strip recipe that we had at the retreat??? I'd love to have it. My DH would LOVE to cut down your trees. He's such a woodrat. That's what my Dad calls him, lovingly of course.

Got to go now,

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.