Watercooler~~~~~ Sunday Siesta!!

aschendell

Cathlete
Just starting us off!!

Back in a bit!
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Good Morning Ladies,

Never made it back last night. After dinner, we went shopping for a couple of bookcases. While dh was assembling them, I did CC#3, did 3 quick pull ups on my way upstairs to play with Eoin's Shoulder High, got a warm bath, a decent massage from dh, and feel right to sleep.

I couldn't find my heart rate monitor. I have no clue where I put it!x( I'm sure it will turn up when least expected. Even still, I got a great sweat and burn with those 6 challenges right in a row! OMW! My shoulders are stiff!!! I could barely get into some of the shoulder openers. I'm going to put that one on daily tap until the shoulders loosen up more. But, I was happy to see that the three pull-ups felt very easy. I could have pumped out a few more, but I didn't want to push it. Gotta love muscle memory!!!

I haven't decided what I'll do today. Maybe LIC cardio only or a CC on the treadmill before playing with Eoin's Shoulder High.

Quick Questions:

Which is the best CC for running? I see CC#7 was made for running. I have CC 1, 1 revised, 2, 3, 4, & 6.

Has anyone used the Blissology with Eoin Finn podcast? If so, what do you think of it? It's in my itunes library, but I haven't downloaded it to my ipod yet.

Gotta open another window for personals.

Wendy

::Debra::
Thanks for starting us off today! Nothing is normal around here. Oh! I am terrible at tying emails since I have to log onto AOL to do it. I've gotta email you and Tracy today. I think about her everyday!!! Remember, ya'll haunt me in my sleep!!!:p :+ Thanks for the play by play of your Saturday. :7 I used to do that to my highschool gay... GUY. It always cracked him up! Turned out that he wasn't gay. But, in my mind, he was since we were the best of friends only. He was safe to let my hair down. In highschool that means a lot. Anyhow... Poor CBL! Tell him I said that too! :p :+ Are you getting fitness or exercise Wii? I don't remember the name. I'm thinking of getting it for me. I'm sure the boys won't mind me using their Wii.:7

::Jeanette::
I wondered what happened to your late night posts. Glad your grandmom could attend the mother-daughter luncheon!!! I love going to those. They're so refreshing! We have friends whose dds play the violin/cello after dinners. They play some fun bluegrass type music. One day, maybe my girls can entertain company. I'm not holding my breath though.:7 I like Fords and japanese cars. When dh and I first met, I was driving a Nissan Sentra. That car was awesome, quiet, great pick-up, and great with gasoline. I'm thinking of getting a used car good on gas to use for errands. There's nothing wrong with my car. It's Phil's work van. I'm not sure what's wrong with it. But, it won't be finished until Monday evening or Tuesday morning. UGH! Maybe, you could sell those shoes on ebay. My Pearl Izumi shoes work fine. I haven't noticed any tightness while wearing them which is good since biking shoes aren't cheap! Sorry, I don't have any biscuit recipe except for wheat ones. And, I doubt those would taste anywhere near the Pillsbury ones!!! Enjoy your 60 mile ride!!!!

::patricia::
Yummy breakfast. My friends have a brother who taps trees for maple syrup. It's part of their farm and they sell their syrup. Their syrup is so much better than what I can find in the grocery store. Anyhow, they gave my friends a tester of samples to show the quality grade of syrup. Interesting how the testers differ every year. When will you be able to workout again?

::Kim::
Glad you were able to get some rest. The police museum sounds cool. I used to take the girls to places like that when they were in K and 1st grades. We did most of our history those years at museums and living history days at historical sites. They loved it. LOL about dd not wanting nightmares. Thankfully, she didn't go to any Thai prison museum. Apparently, there's a wax set up of a man about to be executed. Looks very real and not for tender ages!!! Have a great run!!! While we're blowing Jeanette up a hill, we'll stand behind you and puff away too.:+

::Tracy::
How would one be able to tell if there is nerve damage instead of knots? Hmmm, now you've got me concerned. Well, the lady felt the knots deep in my back. So, I'm going to lean towards knots for now. Oh!!! Do you have PY4H2? In one of the extra features is footage called the Trial and Error of Ryan Leech. He's a mountain biker. It is AWESOME!!! He made a bike path in these old woods using stumps, logs, and fallen samplings. He hops his bike from one stump to another... Ryan must have mammoth core strength! I thought your son would find it interesting!!!

Okay ladies, I'm off to do some laundry and help dh finish assembling the bookcases. Have a great day!!!

:* :* :*
Wendy

I have no idea how that happened!!!

Next time I need to put a space before the names. :: Patricia :: and :: Debra :: :7 :7 :7

Hi all,

Today is KPC and I'll do KB leg conditioning drills. It's rainy and ugly here today. I should have gone and ridden my bike yesterday, but I waited until evening to go with DH then it stormed.

Wendy - I'm not sure how you decide whether it is just knots or nerve damage. I had serious knots in my glute/piriformis muscle when I hurt my back and that was nerve damage. It's just something to keep in mind. Yours sounds like it is going away pretty quickly so it probably isn't. I'm still on the fence with the CC. I guess you are liking them?

Patricia - Glad the eyes are doing good. How bad was your vision before you had the surgery?

Kim - Good luck on the race.

Everyone have a great day.

Tracy

Hi Tracy! LOL, you sound like you really want to do the leg conditioning drills.... like you're resigned to the fact that it's on the dvd. :7 :7 :7 I used to do them at the beginning, but I find them easier to do after the combos. When you had the nerve damage, what did you have to do to fix it? Is there anything other than surgery to fix nerve damage? The massage therapist told me that I'd be sore after her massage. She was right! My entire back and upper arm have been sore since she worked me over a good one! I like CC on machines. You could use them on your elliptical. I don't know how CC would work on the road since there's so many variables when running and biking. Sandra would be better able to speak of that aspect. Isn't she the one who repeatedly runs up and down her little hill in the development for each challenge. Her neighbors must think she's nuts! LOL

I really need to help dh move the bookcase in position. One bookcase down, another to go. I wish we had the $$ to build a library of cabinets/shelves. Maybe when the kids move out.:7

Wendy

Back from the race and out for lunch According to my Garmin my piece of the race was 6.6 miles and I did it in 1hr 3mins. I'm happy with that. Kim

Happy Sunday ladies!

Every time I sit down to type to the group, something happens that needs my attention. But not today :D For the last 2 days, my sister was here visiting, which was (mostly) fine. She and her boyfriend have a really rocky relationship (they keep breaking up and getting back together), so she was dealing with some of that, but otherwise it was fun. I didn't get any workouts in, though :( So today I'll be doing something tough. It'll be weights, but I'm not sure what yet. Maybe PUB. I really need to find or make a rotation to follow... I don't really care to just wing it. We finally got the new computer all set up and the wireless network is getting there (it's set up, but DH has to get wireless cards for the other 2 desktop computers, the laptops and other stuff are all set up). I really need to do some cleaning, but I'm procrastinating :p I feel like I need a day to just decompress. The housework will still be here tomorrow, lol.

Wendy -- I'm glad you're finally feeling some relief and are able to get back to more regular workouts :D It sounds like the massage therapist really knows her stuff!

DH just walked in the door... back later to finish up

Carol

Relaxing day today. DH up early and gone to work at the cottage today so just me and DS. Went out for a walk and playtime this a.m. but it has turned COLDDDDDD here and suppose to get some rain/sleet/snow over the next few days.}(

Just did 4DS LIS, shoulders and CM #2. I did the cardio on the 4" step as I wasn't sure how I would feel and worried about sweat. I'm just suppose to make sure I keep the sweat out of my eyes. Didn't really enjoy holding back on the cardio so may just not do that for about a week and just concentrate on strength training.

Debra - my DS LOVES your dancing avatar. This a.m. I was trying to catch up on the forum but once he saw the dancing girl he kept crawling all over me trying to see it from every angle. God forbid I scrolled on by it:7 So, hopefully by the time you're reading this your work on the presentation s/b over. How are your celebrating? Sorry to hear about your argument w/CBL but sounds like everything is on the mend. Sounds like though you've got a good one there since he'll sit for facials.:p

Jeannette - have you decided on what car you want yet. I'm thinking maybe my next car might be the Escape Hybrid but that won't be for a while yet. I have the CIVC sedan, 5-speed and quite like it. My DH was in a car accident just one month after we had it. He was rear-ended and the back of the car just folded to the back seat like an accordian like it's suppose to and he walked away from it without any injuries but the car was written off. We immediately went out and bought the exact same car. The only thing I would recommend on that one is you get electric windows as the handles to roll down them are too close to the map pockets and if you have anything in them you keep hitting the stuff everytime you roll the window down. How did your ride go today? I'm sure you're happy to get the longest ride over today. I probably will need reading glasses in the future due to natural aging. LASIk only corrects your vision for distance. Up close reading using muscles that just naturally get weaker as you age. I think there are excercises for this so may just surf the net to look for it. Anyhow for a few years I'm glass free:p

Kim - congrats on your time. How did you place in the race? Isn't in fun getting freebies for doing somthing you enjoy to begin with? Hope you treated yourself to whatever you wanted at lunch.

Wendy - if you're trying pull-ups your shoulder must be feeling much better (in comparison). Isn't funny how we always try to push ourselves even when we're injured. Non-excercisers just don't get it.

Tracey - I'm not sure what my vision was b/4 hand. Really not too bad as I could see the alarm clock in the a.m. from bed. But b/4 I left the bedroom in the a.m. either my contacts were in or my eye glasses were on my face. I asked what my vision was and they said 20/20 - 2.75 which really doesn't mean much to me when they always say 20/20 or 20/15. I don't understand the lingo.

Gotto go and have a shower b/r DS wakes up.

Good Sunday everyone!

It's a gorgeous spring day here. I hope you all are having good weather, too. DH assembled our new patio furniture yesterday, and later this afternoon I may sit out on the deck to do some work. I have it on task to spend 4 hours on my thesis today. That's going to be tough to fit in.

The Ymca training course yesterday went really well. I'm enjoying this stuff immensely. We covered basic physiology yesterday, and touched on nutrition.

This morning I did Step Works and CoreMax "Balanced Core" premix. For some reason I developed a hankering to do SW yesterday. I haven't done it in aaaaaages. It's still a goody. A classic, for sure. The second combo is probably my very favourite step combo of any workout. The CoreMax premix really toasted my core. I like that one; it uses the med ball, stability ball, both together, and no equipment at all.

Wendy - The new Eoin's good stuff, isn't it? I can't wait to explore more. That's excellent progress you've made on the chin ups! I don't have CC#7, and didn't know it was made for running. Outdoor running, specifically? Or treadmill? I've probably used #3 the most frequently for my runs, although got the greatest "runner's high" from #5. I've seen that Blissology on Eoin's website, but haven't tried it. Let me know what you think of it, if you do.

Tracy - Your DH bikes with you sometimes? Too bad the weather turned ugly on you.

Kim - Excellent job on the run!!! Congratulations! Hey, do your sisters run too? Is it in the genes?

Patricia - Oooh, you need to get one of those 1980's sweatbands! That'll keep the sweat out of your eyes! I'll bet Olivia Newton John's got a few in the back of her closet that she'd let you borrow....

Jeanette - We've FINALLY ordered our jerseys, just this morning! Hopefully they'll be delivered by May 6 (DH's birthday). We ordered the Galibier jersey for him, and the sunflower jersey with the couple of big sunflowers in the foreground for me. We also registered for the Tour de l'Alberta, too, so I guess the only thing left to do is to get out and ride! Our spring snow is melting quickly, so hopefully next weekend I can do my first solo long ride outdoors. Or one evening this week (not likely, though).

Well, I must hit the showers and then do more thesis editing. Have a nice day,
Sandra

UGHHHHHHH!!!!! Just lost a post...totally my own fault!! Anyhoo...all I said was hello and that I have been working on my darn group presentation today and I have neglected everything else. I am heading up to visit with Eoin right now...then I must cook dinner...CBL is coming over later, but I don't know how long he is staying, so you may see me later on tonight...And if I don't make it back you'll know the mechanic is tinkering again...LOL!

Kim....
Way to go with your run!! Wonderful time! What a satisfying accomplishment for you!!

Sandra...
I hope you got some sun while working on your dissertation today. So nice to have good weather for a change!

Wendy...
Hi, you crazy Asian!!

Jeanette...
Yes, it is beautiful here right now...everything is in bloom and the trees have all their fuzzy little green leaves. But the pollen in taking over!! I should have a life again after tomorrow, I hope.

Patricia...
So glad to hear your surgery went well...Tell your sweet DS that I can't really belly dance in real life...LOL!

Okay...I must run...sorry to be so short, but I should be back on track after tomorrow. Kisses to all!!!
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Hi all,

KPC and the KB leg conditioning drills are done. It felt like a good workout. I'm not sure if I'll do any yoga this afternoon or not.

Wendy - I think getting the inflammation down is the first step to letting the nerve return to normal. I worked hard to undo the damage I had, without surgery. You probably don't have any serious damage, but I'd take it easy until you feel better. I don't mind the leg conditioning drills as much as floorwork.

Kim - Great job on the run.

Patricia - It's cold here too, but I'm sure not as cold as it is there (50F).

Sandra - Dh rides cross country. There are some places not too far from here to ride. I really hate to plan to do a workout with him because he can get distracted and then nothing happens.

Carol - I just started the June 07 rotation yesterday. It starts with PUB.

Debra - I guess the semester is coming to an end. My kids are working hard to finish up their classes. Sounds like everything is going well with your life.

Tracy

Boy, I'm wiped out today after the race. I don't think it was so much the run as all the fresh air. It was pretty chilly, it was minus 12 as I was leaving the house at 6:45.

Jeanette- I'm so glad that your grandma got to go the lunch. Did she enjoy it?

Wendy- I use all the CC for running, I don't use them for anything else. I don't know if I really have a favourite, I do like the variety. Sounds like a fun way to study history. DS and I were just watching a documentary on tv about Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn. It was quite an eye opener for him.
Do you mind if I make a little note regarding muscle/nerve pain? We see a lot of both type of injuries in our clinic although I specialize in upper extremity. I think what you might be confusing is tight or inflammed muscles may cause compression on the nerve. In that case the therapist should still focus on what is causing the muscular issue and as a result decrease the compression. For example carpal tunnel in the wrist or sciatica pain at the back of the leg.

Patricia- I don't know yet how we place in the race. It's a small race so they don't post results on the website, but I believe last year we got a postcard mailed out. Are you off work this week to let the eyes heal?

Sandra- Glad that you are finally getting some nice weather! Did you get your 4 hrs of work squeezed in? I'm sure it's hard to concentrate when it's nice out. Reminds me of trying to study for spring exams while in university.
My sisters don't run but my mom does. She only does short distance though. DH is a very good runner and next year when he turns 40, he hopes to qualify for Boston. His boss said he would pay his way if he qualifies and he tried a couple of years ago and missed it by a few minutes so decided to wait till he turned 40 to try again.

Debra- That's too bad about the post! You've had a busy weekend!

Tracy- Did you get some yoga in?

Kim

Hi,
Had a good ride today. There were 6 of us, but we didn't all stay together on the way out. On the way back, I rode with one of the ladies that will be riding with me on Sunday on the organized ride. She didn't ride all winter so she's slower. We did 61 miles, with an average speed of 16.4, and that's with hills that slow you down to 6 and 7 mph. It was a great day and all that I was looking for. Afterwards, I bought me a car. Kind of like when Wendy said at the last minute, "I'll have a beer!". It's a Honda Civic Sedan. I made sure that it would hold my bike and golf clubs in the trunk (not at the same time).

Personals,

Wendy, seems like the injury is not bothering you so much. 3 pullups? You rock!!! I have no idea which CC's are best for running. My guess would be that they are all suited for it. Yep, bummer about the shoes not working out for me. If they cause numbness now, they will be really bad when the weather gets warmer as your feet swell after a while on the bike. Glad it's not your car that has a problem. I think this little Honda will do fine for me. It handles much better than our Jeep, but the Jeep is great for the outdoors stuff we do with the dogs. Guess we will keep it. It has a couple dents in the passenger door that I need to call Geico and have fixed before dropping the full coverage insurance.

Tracy, I didn't know your DH rode bikes too. When you say cross country, does that mean mtn. bike riding? Do you own any of the Cardio Coach workouts? I always assumed you did. I think they are awesome, but really, I haven't done one lately on the bike. I've been hill climbing mostly here lately, so would be tough to do a Cardio Coach as when he says to recover, there's no way I could recover without just stopping the bike.

Kim, great job on the race today!!! Isn't it cool being around lots of folks that enjoy the same thing? The triathlon that's coming up has some awesome athletes of all ages that participate. Very motivating. I'm sure I'll be wishing I hadn't eaten all that cheesecake at Debra's. Hope you got a nap in today after the race. I would have liked a longer one, but spent so much time at the car dealership. That's cool that your Mom runs. I'd love to get my Mom out walking. Right now, Grandma takes up all her time. I think Grandma enjoyed the luncheon. She hardly ate anything though. It's a struggle for her to just get enough oxygen in. She did perk up quite a bit the moment we walked into the room. Hope your DH qualifies for the Boston Marathon. I know a guy in his 50's that went a few years ago.

Patricia, sorry it's cold where you are. It was a beautiful day here and I wore a sleeveless jersey for the ride, with lots of sunscreen on my arms. I hate being too hot when riding my bike up the hills. I bought the Honda Civic Sedan and it has electric windows. I'll be driving it to work in the morning. My very first car was a 1978 Honda Civic, that I bought new for $3900. Amazing, huh? The ride went well today, but my legs were not as fresh as they could have been. I did Legs & Glutes on Friday morning, then rode my bike on Friday night so they were still a little tired. I plan on doing a hill climb with the girls on Tuesday night, then an EASY spin (I have to tell myself to go easy) on Thursday. Then no other tough leg work until the ride on Sunday. My lower back was tired today too, so I'd stretch it while on the bike. I seem to get that every year when I start riding longer rides. I'm taking a rest day tomorrow for sure. Sounds like the surgery went well. Any pain at all?

Carol, what rotation do you think you'll do? I do better with a rotation too.

Sandra, did you get to sit and enjoy the new patio furniture today? I think it's a race to see whether DH finishes the project first or goes back to work the middle of June. I'm betting on June. My deck has ladders, power equipment, screws, you name it all over it. Don't think he worked on it at all, and watched the NASCAR race instead. I couldn't say anything as I was out riding all day, playing the grasshopper. After a little catnap, I did do some laundry and washed the dishes. We deserve each other for sure. Glad you got the jerseys ordered. That Galibier jersey is a beaut! So you are registered for the TDA? How many typically ride that one? How much climbing is involved in your ride? Hope the weather cooperates for you. Today was another ride that a few years ago I did a century on. We had a mild winter that year and were able to get our mileage up beforehand. This year has been so different. I'm always amazed at how out of shape for the long rides you get by not doing any all winter. Every spring we have to build up all over again.

Debra, sorry you lost that post. We all know how frustrating that is. Do you have allergies? My drip is almost gone right now. Hope it doesn't start up again tomorrow. What did you cook for dinner? Are CBL's cheeks still silky smooth???;-)

I plan on sleeping in a little, no workout for me in the morning.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.