Undulating Warriors April 5 - April 11

Since this is our final rest week from the rotation I left our title the same, but what shall we start calling ourselves next week?

Hope you all had a nice Easter weekend and are ready to have a fun workout week!

I started mine off with Step Blast and AC Medicine Ball Abs. Overall I think I do like Step Moves more, but combo 3 in Step Blast still remains my favorite combo of all of Cathe's step workouts.

DH has an evening meeting up north tonight, so he's staying home this morning and messing up my weekday routine. ;) Not a fun week for him as he has to go up north tonight and home and then leave early tomorrow for the far west side of the state and home and then a closer meeting in another area the next day. I'm sure it won't enhance his moods any!

I'm gearing up for a conference this weekend at a ski resort up north. We get a good deal on the off season rates and use the location every few years. I'll be leaving Friday morning and getting back Sunday around supper time, so whether I pop in our not depends on if the hotel has a computer for guests. The last couple years the ones we've use have which is helpful in keeping in tough with DH and the boys.

Hey Warriors

Easter weekend has been very crazy for us but I managed to do my workout today and we are off to my sisters for the last Easter get together. Yesterday we did yard work... and had a grass fire on purpose. I was reading Cathy's post and thinking that things could have gone differently! Our hose reached out there and there were 3 of us on all sides making sure that things didn't get out of hand. The people before us left lots of metal objects hidden in the grassy area and are always afraid that the boys would trip on something or fall into something. We found lots of interesting thing hidden in there!

This morning I did a Tabata skipping workout 4 sets of 8 rounds 20 sec work and 10 sec rest and in between I did ab work. Aside from my skipping screw ups it was a short but intense workout! Tomorrow I plan on running and doing kettlebells. I let you know how that goes.

Tara - my DH has finally recovered from his jet lag but it really hung around! Glad to hear you are having a quiet Easter weekend!

Cathy - Now I want to do Step Blast again! The music fun for that workout! Hope you DH isn't too grumpy. It always messes my up my my DH stays later in the morning. I feel like I am pushing him out the door so that I can do what I want to do. Not that he is at all concerned with what I am doing it just feels weird!

Janis - We haven't heard from you in a while... How are things going? How was Easter?

MJ - Are you going to go on the roadtrip? How was your Easter?

As for the name... Workout Warriors? Warrior sisters Unite? K they are sort of lame...
I had better run but I hope that you all had a great weekend! Talk to you soon!
Heather

Hi Ladies,

Okay, I'm finally back to working out. I did HiiT Pyramid & about 10 minutes of STS disk 1! I was in a time crunch, but wanted to do 1 round of chest, shoulders & biceps, so I did the loonnngg push-up set, shoulder presses & bicep curls. Some is better than none? I hope so!

Anyway, it felt good to be exercising again.

Heather, I like Workout Warriors. I think it fits us perfectly. It sounds like you've gotten a lot accomplished the last few days. I hope the time at your sister's is more relaxing, though. :)

Cathy, Sounds like you have a fun weekend coming up. I would perfectly understand if you just totally forgot about checking in! :D

Janis, I miss ya, girl! I need some of your humor. Hope all is well!

MJ, if you are able to go to the Cathe weekend, you'll have to be our reporter & tell us all about it. At least 1 post each day that you're there! ;) Hope you are doing well & that work is being nicer to you.

Okay, I'm planning to be back tomorrow. I have MMA Kickboxing on my schedule.

Happy Monday!
Tara

Well I had really good intentions this morning of doing 40/20 which is the only Hiit that I haven't done yet. But, I woke up just before midnight and realized DH wasn't home yet. He got home about 10 minutes later and it took me quite awhile to get back to sleep. He got up again around 6:00, so he could head off. i put it in and did the warm-up (and can I just say that I think it's the most intense warm-up she does) and based on my performance during that, I decided today probably wasn't a good day to try it. I popped in HIS cardio only and just started with the combos. Then I did MMA Kick Box Core.

I'm fine with Workout Warriors - Janis and MJ what do you think!

Heather I'm glad your fire worked out well for you. I'm guessing you chose to do it on a day when you weren't having 15-25 mph winds. ;)

Tara coming off that last week and doing Hiit Pyramid! You go girl. :D

Janis I hope your absence is for good reasons!

MJ how are you doing?

I'm pretty much finished up with all my pre-conference stuff. I'm volunteer coordinator and because of the location we have far fewer people this year, so I have 18 fewer volunteers this year and the same amount of jobs! I've got it set up as best I can, and we'll just figure the rest out when we get there.

Morning Warriors

I didn't get up as early as I had planned this morning so I only did one part of what I had planned...I did Vol1 of Lauren Brooks Kettlebells. At the beginning I was thinking that this didn't compare in intensity to Cathe BUT as things moved along I started sweating up storm and finding myself working very hard! You REALLY use your abs with the swings etc! I know that I will be sore tomorrow. I am planning a 30 min run later this morning when my at home munchkin is occupied!

Cathy - Conference organization is always challenging! Good luck with it and hopefully you will get some more volunteers! When Dh started his business he would be a work very late and I really had a hard time waking up and not panicking if he was not there. Then I could never get to sleep again and we'd both be grumpy. Hopefully your Dh's trips will be short lived.

Tara - My sisters was way more relaxing! It's funny how it is easier to relax with your own family.... I would say some is definitely better than none! You have to do what works for you!. Have fun with Kickboxing.

Janis - Have you tried Vol 1 yet? Beware, it sneaks up on you. How is the shoulder?

MJ - Did you get some tennis in this weekend?

Talk to you soon
Heather

Hi Warriors

I apologize for being MIA. We had out-of-town guests for Easter, it was a last-minute surprise trip, so I had a lot to accomplish in a short amount of time. They left late Sunday evening, then first thing Monday morning I needed to take my youngest son down to Marin County, (the community that is just across the Golden Gate bridge north of San Francisco) to take a standardized academic assessment test, it is like the SAT but for middle school. Marin is a four hour drive round trip, and the test was three hours. Needless to say it was a long day.

I didn't run or exercise on Sunday or Monday, so I am anxious to get something accomplished today.

I'll read back over everyone's posts. I was keeping up, but my brain has lost the thread. Workout Warriors sounds good.

My shoulder seems to be better, staying off the computer has helped a lot. I am going to wait to try Lauren Brooks until my shoulder is completely healed. I sure don't want to be down and out for the count!

I'll check back in later and catch up. :D
Today I am going to run then do a modified version of Muscle Max.

Hi Warriors,

Quick post as I'm headed to bed. I ended up doing a mostly 1.5 mile jog with some walking. No weights today. I'm saving Kickbox for tomorrow. The weather here has been sunshiny! Kinda a treat as we usually have cloudy overcast & showers this time of year. So, I couldn't resist going outside to exercise today.

I'll see you all tomorrow!
Tara

Good morning

I got up this morning and had a pretty tight schedule to keep so that I could get everything in this morning. I did Drill Max, which I have never done the weight work for just the drills from Cardio Fusion. I couldn't figure out why my morning seemed so off kilter and then as I was adding it to the workout manager just now I realized that the workout is 72 min! I thought it was 45...felt like 45! Anyways, it was a good workout, I thought that I could have gone heavier on some of the weights but by the end of each set I was glad that I hadn't!

SO kettlebells use muscles that have not been used in a while. My torso was SO sore last night and my outer calves... right on the side of my legs. Crazy but good.

Cathy - Hope you eventually get to try 40/20! What are you working on today?

Janis - Glad that everything is good with you. I really hope your shoulder starts feeling better soon. We may have to change our name to the Occasionally Wounded Workout Warriors!

Tara - Congrats on the run! Even though I am mostly jogging when I go out I always call it a run...Has it clicked yet? I remember when I started it felt like alot of work but eventually it just clicked one day and I felt sooo good. (Endorphins I guess).

MJ - Hope all is well.

Talk to you all soon
Heather

This morning I did an hour of stretching and yoga while watching a video. I rarely ever have time to actually watch anything, so I fit them in when I can.

Today is my day to prep for leaving Friday. Planning to pack all my clothes and make my list for food to take. Then I have to make my shopping list for tomorrow. Since their friends are on Spring Break this week, I'm giving the boys the rest of the week off, too. We didn't use to take breaks, because our schedule means we don't always do "school" every day, but now that they are fully aware of the school kids schedule it's a bit harder to do. And we do math, reading all summer just not as much. We do have to go buy Nicholas new shoes as a few days ago he suddenly outgrew every pair we have! Except his new cleats which he really needs to not outgrow till fall. ;) His feet are now officially bigger than mine. Not that that's saying much since the two pairs I currently am wearing were given to us after 7 yo's outgrew them. :rolleyes:

Heather I've always felt that Drill Max was easier when done in the full version than when you do all those drills back to back! What did you think? Though I can't say I ever felt it was shorter than it really was. :D I'll definitely get to 40/20 at some point in the next few weeks. I want to try it out before I start my next rotation.

Tara YAY! on your jog. :D Janis and Heather will have you keeping up with them in no time.

Janis I'm glad your absence for for good reasons! Glad your shoulder is better and hopefully will be back to normal real soon.

Waves to MJ!

Last edited:
Ok, I had to share this with someone and DH isn't home yet! So, Derek has announced that he's calling a family meeting tonight - topic - having another baby. He wants it to have his middle name as a first name and apparently it's all being driven by the fact that he doesn't want to be the youngest.

So, he announces that if we decide to do it, we (DH & I) can just do it tonight! ;) So, I remind him about the whole one egg a month thing and he says that I just need to do it the next time that happens. So, then I explain that because I'm getting close to no longer being able to have babies I no longer know when that is and he says "well then you just do it every day until it happens!" He also wants to make a rule that all women should have a baby at 50. Sisters he says help more with babies than brothers because they have mothering instinct. Adding that - "aren't I smart for figuring that out." :D It was a very enlightening and entertaining conversation and I'm sure they'll be more when he calls the meeting to start.

Cathy -

:eek: Just do it everyday until it happens! :D

I wonder if your DH is up to the challenge! (roflmao!:D:D)

Spring is in the air, you know.;)

- remind me - how old is Derek? What exactly is wrong with being the youngest? And do I understand this correctly, is he suggesting he would like a sister?

Do let us know how the family meeting goes. We'll be waiting to find out!

:D

Heather -

I laughed out loud at "Occasionally Wounded Workout Warriors".

Geez, it seems like at least one of us is recovering from something! I guess we are a bunch of over achievers.

I opted to watch the yoga dvd today, and will attempt the sequences tomorrow. I feel like a lazy girl.

Derek is almost 9 and the boys have begged on and off the last few years for a baby. Nicholas isn't so into the idea anymore though. What's funny is no one ever talks about Derek being the youngest except Derek. And he doesn't care whether it's a boy or a girl - as long as it's younger.

DH was no more enthused about the idea than he has been any of the previous times - though I think if he'd ever thought there was 100% chance of a girl he'd have gone for it. The last girls born in his family are now around 30! His nieces and nephews are all married with kids and ALL the kids are boys. I also only have nephews, so the odds of a girl don't seem all that likely.

I have to go do something, but sometime soon I'll tell you about the time Derek asked me why I don't sit on my eggs! :eek:

Good Morning Warriors

This morning I was feeling tired but managed to pull of a run and circuit. I did CC 4 and even though I was not sure that I was going to make it I did it. Then I did a Body Rock Workout that was 6 exercises 40 sec each with no rest. I did 4 rounds and later realized it was supposed to be 5 so 16 minutes instead of 20 minutes. Ooops. Tomorrow I will do Kettlebells again!

Still laughing at your story Cathy!
Did you manage to do 40/20 yet?

Janis - What are you planning today? I was really shocked how NOT into the run I was. I think I have to go to bed early tonight!

Tara - How is the running schedule going?

MJ - Hope all is well with you!

Talk to you all soon
Heather

Hi Workout Warriors

I did a moderate 4mile run this morning and followed it up with Gym Style legs.

Heather - My energy levels seems to ebb and flow, I definitely have had some mediocre runs recently. 4 out of 5 Body Rock circuits is still darn good. :) You sound like you have been really busy on top of all your workouts, a good nights rest is well deserved.

Tara - How is re-entry going? And your new STS rotation? Any jog/run at any pace is one more step towards good health and physical fitness. Way to go!

MJ - I would still love to hear about your trip to California. I am considering the Glassboro RT, but I am not sure I want to spend the money. If the timing had worked out better the San Diego event would have been a great opportunity. Have you started your tennis lessons?

Cathy - I hope everything works out - seamlessly - for your conference weekend. It sounds like you have put in a lot of time and effort, I hope you have a great time. Your baby story is so funny - so classic - now I absolutely can't wait to hear about how you sit on your eggs.

Tomorrow I have to be out of town all day, but before I go I plan on doing as much of Muscle Max, modified of course, as I can.

And now this occasionally wounded warrior is going to press play on the Shoulder Shape up yoga dvd.

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday, I did finally get to MMA Kickboxing. Today, I was in the mood for a total body workout & ended up pulling out the Firm, Vol 3! Even though it is 25 years plus old workout, I still love the music & get a decent workout. I also laugh at the leg warmers and all the other late 80s garb!

Cathy, I got a good laugh about Derek's plan and advice. It should be simple, right??? ;) You'll have to remind him of that story when he's 40! I hope all the prep for your trip is going well & that you have a great time.

Heather, Glad that your time at your sister's was relaxing. I am enjoying jogging (I mean running! ;) ) It takes somewhere between 5-10 minutes into the run, but then I feel the high come on & it seems easier for awhile. I still have a ways to go to build up the endurance to do more than 1.5 to 2 miles, but I'm happy that I've started that journey. My schedule is such that I may not be able to find time to go for a run more than 2-3 days/wk. I haven't found the time to jog since Tuesday, but I'm definitely going to on Friday. I think I'll continue with jogs on Tues & Friday, but eventually try to squeeze in 2 more days of running each week. :)

Janis, It feels good to be back to exercising regularly and to have fully recovered from jetlag! I ended up not doing a lot of STS this week. I still trying to figure out doing STS 3 days/week, but also squeezing in all my other beloved Cathe DVDs & also the 2-3 days of jogging. STS got squeezed out this week! But I'm made a schedule up, so next week I should be able to get it done. :) I hope it doesn't take long for your shoulder to get to feeling better.

MJ, Hello & hope you are having a good week!

Tomorrow will be jogging & some sort of weights. TGIF tomorrow!!!!

Tara

Well I'm glad that you guys are having great workouts this week. I'm thinking that, in the future, I should just not make plans for my rest week. I've STS in 3 different variations and inevitably my rest weeks, just are never what I plan. I did yoga again today. And tomorrow whether or not I work out depends on what time I wake up and no alarm since DH is staying home with the boys. The hotel has workout facilities, but I'm not even taking workout gear cause I know from experience I won't be anywhere near it! This weekend is all about hanging out and socializing. I'm going to the keynote tomorrow night and the Sunday morning sessions, but Saturday I'll just be volunteering and speaking.

For added fun, a woman who wasn't attending this year offered to come and volunteer ALL DAY Saturday and.........her daughter had her baby two weeks early today! So after having gotten a reasonable volunteer schedule set up I now have big holes to deal with.

I have to go and read to Derek and then do more trip prep, but I won't leave you hanging about the egg story. ;)

It happened a few years ago, when the boys knew that you needed an egg and a sperm, but we hadn't officially had "the talk" yet. We were driving to Lansing and somehow ended up talking about animals mating, and going back over the fact that you needed egg and sperm to make a baby and Derek says "Why don't you sit on your eggs?" I totally cracked up and was laughing so hard that I had tears running down my face and I'm driving in city traffic and trying to keep the car where it was supposed to be. :p In between bursts of laughter, I managed to get out the part about my eggs being too tiny to see. I swear that's one comment I will never forget!

Not sure when I'll get on again. You guys all have fun and workout for me. ;)

Morning Warriors!

I did kettlebells this morning! I did Vol 2 of Lauren Brooks and it was very hard! I think that I am doing the moves right and it is way harder than it looks! I was going to do the killer abs bonus but started it and knew I was going to run out of time and I was too pooped to participate! Maybe later today I can fit it in. It too is way harder than it looks.

I have been feeling a little run down lately. I am out of energy in the evenings which is not like me. My iron levels are fairly low (doc says it is like I gave 2 bags of blood). So I am working on getting that back up but there does not seem to be a solution that my body likes. Looks like lots of steak, spinach and oranges in my future!

Anyways, I haven't decided what I am going to do tomorrow. A steady state run and something else!.

Cathy - Have a great conference and good luck with your volunteer situation.

Janis - So much for a good nights rest my youngest was up 3 times with bad dreams and then once as he'd had an accident :( Poor guy: Poor me! Hoping for better luck tonight!

Tara - I think that I read somewhere that if you run 3 days a week you do not loose your conditioning... I found that when I ran everyday I would get injured so I stick to 3 times a week.

MJ - Are you out there.....

Talk you soon
Heather

Heather

Yesterday, I used Jill Miller's Shoulder Shape up dvd. My shoulder felt better than it ever has. Not only did it bring blood flow and movement to the shoulder area, it also seemed to balance the muscles. I am clearly weaker on the right side. Before I did the movements I read a rehab book with 100 shoulder exercises for the rotator cuff. All of Jill's movements were, in some form, in the book, so I felt confident following along.

Her instructions were great - and I have to say - seeing the series from Pranamaya opened up a whole new world of yoga dvds to me. Good instruction and building a foundation is paramount to a yoga practice, Pranamaya company seems to provide that.

Anyway, I wanted to thank you again for telling me about Jill.

Tara - Thanks for your positive thoughts regarding my shoulder. Sheesh - seems like I am always hurting myself. Don't worry about your rotation too much, do what you want - do what moves and inspires you! Running even two times a week will still build stamina and endurance. If there is one thing I have learned on this fitness path is tiny, consistent steps forward are just as effective as over-enthusiastic leaps and bounds. The tiny, consistent steps keep you on the path without injuring yourself! lol. :D

Cathy - Your sitting on your eggs story is fantastic. Derek sure is interested in your eggs! I hope the volunteer scheduling works out. Enjoy your down time, the social events and also good luck with the speaking portion! YIKES.

MJ - did you register yesterday for Glassboro? It sounds like the slots filled up pretty fast.

I'm running today, and doing Muscle Max tomorrow. I have my days mixed up!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.