----- TueSDaY KeTTLeBeLL -----

Hi everyone!

Deanie - 100 burpees is sick, just SICK!! :eek::p I love the cash out. I'll definitely borrow that one sometime.

Waves "Hi" to the rest of the gang!

Here's what I did last night:

Dynamic stretching warm up
Buy in:
3 rounds - nice and easy, no rushing
* 3r/3l Cleans 12kg
* 10x halos 12kg

ETK: 15 minutes Swings 16kg
* Alternated 15 swings and 50 jump rope
* Ended up with 10 rounds of swings, 9 rounds of jump rope + 28 jumps
* Felt pretty good, got real sweaty near the end

Cash out:
Little bit of clean and press practice...not a lot.
Foam rolling

Hi Everyone!

I am taking a rest day today. Last night was a great workout. It was a beautiful evening and the fragrance from my orange tree made the workout more pleasant.

OMG Deanie! 100 Burpees!!! You are the woman!! WTG!! I'm not sure if I would even want to attempt 50 of them.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Good Afternoon!

Gayle::: I like your workout yesterday! the 15 swings/50 jumprope is like something an RKC on DD would recommend!:) I like the tgu's too and enjoyed doing them today - a great all over workout.

Jane::: Enjoy your day off! How's your mom doing?

Last week when my brother and I were discussing what to do this week, he threw out the 100 burpee thing....and at first I was like NO WAY! but then it stuck in my head, and I thought I would try it, even if it took me 20 minutes. I was happy with my time though at the end. Today, my brother emails me...."good time.... I think I read somewhere 10 minutes and under is the goal" :eek::eek::eek::eek: What?!?! If I had known that I may have pushed myself harder!!! I was shooting for 20 minutes!! LOL:p:p:p:):):)

Today's workout:
not as exciting as yesterday;)
http://www.jerseygirl4565.blogspot.com/

Waves to Marcy and Melissa :)

Have a terrific Tuesday gals!

Last edited:
Deanie ~

Lots of times workouts look harder on paper than they really are. It's just a matter of breaking it down into sets. I am not a burpee lover though. I bow down at your burpee madness! :)

Mom is doing good. She drove for the first time on Saturday and did well. She is almost 3 weeks post surgery and looks great. Most of her energy is back as well. Her neighbor, who is considerably younger than mom, was shocked at how well she look. Her neighbor had a hysterectomy about 4 years ago and said that it took her 4 weeks to feel human again. I'm hoping she will have little or no side effects from the chemo. My sister's co-worker had chemo for breast cancer and had no side effects (except for hair loss). She only missed 1 afternoon of work. I hope it will be the same for mom.

Jane: Glad to hear mom is doing well, though I am not surprised!:) I'm glad her energy is coming back and hope she has no side effects from the chemo.

Deanie ~

Lots of times workouts look harder on paper than they really are. It's just a matter of breaking it down into sets. I am not a burpee lover though. I bow down at your burpee madness! :)

:eek::eek: I totally agree about breaking it down into sets, I broke them down into sets of 10 - much more "do-able" ;)... and it was madness, but in a good way!:)

Hey guys! I am getting ready to go and jog with DD. My stomach is still feeling heavy from Sunday, but hopefully by tomorrow everything will have passed. I couldn't believe how horrible I felt yesterday - well, actually I could, but I forget what a difference good/bad food makes.

Jane, I am so happy to hear about your mom! :D Go Mom!!!

Deanie, 100 burpee - I never would have thought to do that... I may try that tomorrow afternoon. :eek:

Gayle, I love the swing/jump rope combo. Do you workout barefoot? I was just wondering that because I haven't done worn shoes besides to run in forever, I was wondering whether to jump rope without shoes. I am afraid I am going to whip a little piggy. :p I am doing a 40/20 workout on Thursday with jump ropes, but no KBs because I don't want to throw my alignment off. I was just wondering how you did it?

Got to go. It's running time! :D

Melissa

Jane - This is all starting to make sense...you are the daughter of Wonder Woman! :D Glad to here mom is doing well. :)

Deanie - Your burpee time was smokin' then!

Melissa - Have a great run with DD! When it's warm enough, I do my KB workouts barefoot (the gym floor can be pretty cold). HOWEVER, I only jumped rope barefoot once. I smacked my toes with rope and it hurt like heck! :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.