tuesday in the CHEETAH lair...

hello cheetahs,

yesterday i did p90x CS&T. today i am doing legs and abs ala istrength.

lorie- sorry for yet another early morning meeting...;o(

wendy- the capris you bought are they the brown and/or black ones? if so i have both pairs and they are very comfy!

dallas- thanks re: the name change!

cathy- welcome back!! glad you had such a nice trip.

jackie- WTG on all of those push-ups!!

kristi- good job on your 5k!! so you have been bitten by the race bug now?? lol

christine- i hope mil continues to get better.

carole- good workout.

off to work, TTYL:)

Good Morning Beauties:)

My first stop today in Catheland:)
I went to bed last night at 10 b/c I was soooo and I didn't know what kind of night I was going to have either. But DS didn't make a sound all night. I even got up at 5:30 to check on him and at 6:30 he was up for the day. Well...not really the day, till nap time anyways:)
Im not sure what todays workout will be. Im thinking BM2 (cardio) and GS UB. Not sure I will have time to get it all done is the only thing.I could also do just a 30 min (hard) run or something.
We are suppose to be going to baby group today but we will see what happens. He seems to be in a pretty good mood, right now but his temp is still up.

Wendy** don't you hate it when you return something and you can't get anything else in its place...and you WANT to spend money..LOL Our dogs are downstairs so DS doesn't get to spend much time with them. They are good dogs but b/c they haven't really been together and DS can be a little rough, Im afraid that they may bite or snap at him. As he gets older and can be outside more when they are out, we will get them together.

Cathy** Are your legs sore? I dont think I would be able to walk after all that skiing!

Judy** Not gonna order STS? I tried ordering it but something went weird with my cc. They called they next day wondering if anyone had tried to use it, apparently my postal code hadn't been changed since we moved! Oddly enough my mail was showing up! Anyway, then I was kind of on the fence about ordering it again.Not b/c I think its to expensive b/c for all those dvds,its really not but I just don't want to spend that money right now. Then DH paid his hockey registration the other night which was $140...and I thought,"why aren;t I ordering the dvds, he is paying $280 to play hockey from Nov-May" I still haven't ordered them though but I have myself convinced that I should...hehe

Carole** Glad to hear the Dr's apy went a o.k.!

Dallas** I may have asked you this before, but how many kids do you have?

Kristi** Good job on getting that run in yesterday! Even though we need a nap sometimes its nice to get our workouts out of the way:)

Lorie** Thanks for getting us started! And have fun at your meeting! hehe What a (b)witch hey?

Sunny** Have fun with your workout!

I think I have caught up:) Enjoy your day everyone and hopefully I will return later:)
Lori:)

Good morning Cheetah babes!

I miss you guys!!! I apologize for the fly by this morning. I should have time to catch up on the last couple of days after work tonight. We had a pretty serious situation at work two days ago and that's thrown everything out of whack. However, I have been a good girl and am sticking to the rotation I've cooked up and have been fabulous with the eating (with one minor exception yesterday...lunch with SO). I almost forgot how good it feels to eat my "normal" diet LOL!

This is the rotation I've come up with...please feel free to yay/nay anything here...

M - Did L&G Extreme
T - Did 4DS CB, C&W abs x 2
W - 4DS Shoulders and Legs
H - 4DS Bis and Tris, LIC abs
F - Rest (non-negotiable)
S - 4 DS Total Body Weights
U - CM 1 (has to be easy...tourney)

M - B&G Leg Blast
T - BM2 Double UB (with abs)
W - BC LB Only/ME LB Only
H - PP 3 X UB (no abs), HSC abs
F - Rest
S - HSTA? (tourney...could be a bad idea lol!)
U - Rest (possible horse show)

M - 4DS CST, KPC abs
T - L&G Extreme (Standing)
W - 4DS Back, Bis, CM 1
H - 4DS Legs
F - Rest
S - HSC
U - Rest (Easter...will do something *IF* I don't have family)

M - B&G (no abs)
T - ME UB Split (with abs)
W - SS LB/DM LB
H - PH UB and abs
F - Rest
S - ???
U - ???

Gotta amscray! I'll talk to you tonight!

Morning Folks!:)

I have Upper+ and Abs/Core+ on tap for today. I'd like to squeeze in a short (extra) leg work out as well if I have the time and the energy. I'm not so sure it will happen though and I am not going to get upset if it doesn't.

If I can't get legs done today do you think it would be OKAY to do it the day before doing Core Synergy?? TIA! :)

Cathy: Thanks for the clarification on the colors of the slopes. I gotta learn these things if I want to become an official ski bunny, right? ;) I told DH that if I go skiing again and continue to want to go that I am going to buy one of those cat suit ski outfits!}( But no...it's NOT going to be @ssless!:p :7

Lorie: Sorry about your early meeting. Hope you got a good work out in.

Sunny: I bought a pair of black capris. There were actually 2 styles. I am tempted to try the other style too. :)

Lori: Oh trust me, I spent money! I bought a pair of capris and a pair of shorts instead!}(

Wendi: Sorry about the set-back at work. I hope things start looking up soon.

BB after work!

Good morning Cheetahs! Today is the first day to register for the Nike HM lottery. I can't wait to register. Posh, let us know when you register the Group ID.

Today will probably be ME after the kids are in bed. During lunch, I need to go pick up a few of DH's birthday presents. His birthday isn't until the 11th, but he will be out of town for 1 1/2 weeks during that time. I want to celebrate his birthday on Saturday with the kids.

Well, I need to get some work started. WAVES to all my cheetah pals. I will be back later to chat with everyone!

Happy Tuesday All –

Since I’m still limited in kettlebell workouts, I think I’m going to do HSTA today for a change of pace. I’ll do it on the BOSU of course. DH is in Bangalore. He sounds pretty beaten up. I guess when he was in his home town, they had no electricity and the mosquitoes were horrid. It is so hard traveling to India. He says he’ll be back a week from today or tomorrow.

Lori – isn’t it nice to see decent items on menus? TGIFriday’s has a “right portion” part of the menu – you – get this – receive portions that are a normal size! What a flipping concept. Chili’s has their guiltless grill, too. So, it is getting easier at some places. Hope DS feels better soon and that the teeth come in quickly! Glad you got a nice night’s sleep.

Wendy – you crack me up! Hope the new sports bra works! Nice workout! Sounds like DS and DM (mutt) enjoy each other very much! Too cute! And YES Target is ALWAYS more fun than working!

Kristi – good job getting in the run over lunch, especially in that wind!

Carole - how did the weigh in go? We’ll see today if it stays off – but just getting down there is a good thing. I did eat well yesterday, as well. Glad the Drs was smooth and fast!

Judy – I’m on the fence about STS, too. But I ordered it and will keep my order. I know how I am – if everyone else has it and is excited about it, I’ll want it, too. How bad is that? I also know I’ll want to lift heavy again eventually, so that’s really why I got it. But it’s so much money!

Cathy – Nice when a workout that is fun is also really beneficial, isn’t it? Glad the BOSY vid really helped! And, your not supposed to step on the scale after vacation! You’ll get rid of that weight soon. A few days of clean eating will take care of it. Let’s face it – we’re just equipment junkies! We know the benefits of good gear, so we want it! :p (At least that’s what I tell myself! :+)

Dallas – Hi there! Glad your youngest was able to climb himself! Hope he’s feeling better today and you are well rested. And yeah, when it comes to weight loss, every pound counts! :p

Lorie – hope you survive your meeting!

Sunny – Nice workout there girlfriend! So how many kettlebells do you actually have now? And what sizes?

Wendi – Good job at sticking to your rotation and your good eating in the midst of all the chaos. It does feel good, doesn’t it? Hope today goes fast!

Kristi – THANKS for the reminder about the Nike Half! My mom’s birthday was on the 12th. Too funny. Happy early BDAY to DH. Enjoy your day!

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning cheetahs

Lorie..sorry about the early meeting, hope it goes fast!

Cathy..I hope your Dr Appt goes as smooth as mine did. Have fun with the BM2 upper premix.

Lori..glad DS slept so well last night. I say go for STS!...:)

Sunny..enjoy legs and abs today.

Wendi...looks like a good rotation.

Wendy...I have about 12 rose plants, but don't notice many bees around them. But the Almond trees are full of bee's, you can hear them! Your story about Joey and his dog made me smile...but the dog crap story...YUKKY!!! Enjoy upper body and abs/core today.

Kristi...that is nice to celebrate DH's B-Days early with the kids! What did you get him?

Christine..wow, sounds like a rough time for DH in his home town. I can only imagine it being hard to travel to India. I usually weigh after my run so I will let you know. I ate much better yesterday and got in my water too.

Dallas...glad DS had fun rock climbing. Was he the one throwing up last night?

Today will be freestyle leg exercises, abs, 4DS Bi's and tri's and a 4 mile run.

Carole - My DH is hard to buy for. He buys whatever he wants and is a big gadget geek so he is particular. However, we normally give each other money for our birthdays. I'm doing that, but I'm also buying him a couple movies he has been wanting and a new camping chair. Also, I'm going to surprise him with a cheesecake, which is his favorite cake. It's not much but I want the kids to give him something from them.

Kristi..my DH usually buys stuff for himself too! Sounds like you are getting him some nice gifts from you and the kids. Cheesecake is one of the only desserts I like...I bet he will love that!!

Well, just heard from DH and he got a call from the doctor and it looks like mom's kidney's are shutting down. He does not think she will make it 'til Friday. DH is going to hop back on a plane tomorrow morning (it's 10:30 PM over there right now - it's so hard to talk as we have about a 2 hour window in the morning and another 2 hour window at night). He says he really does not want me to fly out because the logistics are just too hard. I'd have to get a VISA, then it's a 24 hour flight to Delhi, then an overnight in Delhi - where he would have to come down and meet us, then a train ride up to his town. He, understandably does not want to be away from his mom that long. He could send Babli (pronounces Bubbly - which is ironic as he is sooo not bubbly), but Babli does not speak English and I do not speak Hindi so it would be an interesting journey. And that's not to mention the cost of such a flight - at least $3k each (for DS and me) because it's last minute. As much as I want to be there for him, I'm kind of relieved that I don't have to leave DD15 and DD18 without a parent here in the States. I feel bad for thinking that. :(

Anyway, back on topic, I did not do HSTA. I started reading on the kettlebell forums, and got the itch again. So, I did an ASCII/Extreme Kettlebell circuit. It was fun. I'm getting turkish get ups down - I can do about 3 on each side with a 15 pound kb. My HR is through the roof when I'm done, but I can do it. :p

Carole - good job with the eating and drinking water! Water is so important! Enjoy your workout. It sounds like a good one.

Kristi - nice gifts! My DH is tough to buy for, too. And he's a clothes hound - his wardrobe is worth way more than mine. So, I fear to buy him clothes. :p

Good Day Cheetahs!

I’ve been too horribly ill and dealing with my Yukon crisis to post yesterday but I do want to put out the information for the Cheetahs interested in the NIKE Marathon/Half Marathon. I have registered and put in the GROUP EMAIL for everyone to use in the GROUP ID field.

Here are the instructions:

This year you can register as a group and run with family or friends. A group leader must select a GROUP ID (email address) for the whole group. Each individual will then use that GROUP EMAIL to identify them as part of that group. Each individual will apply separately. Each individual must use the same GROUP EMAIL in the GROUP ID registration field. The Group Email Address will be entered in the lottery only ONCE. If the Group Email Address is selected, the entire group gets in the race.

GROUP ID for the Cheetahs: [email protected]

Please put this email address in the GROUP ID field on the registration form with Active.com

Remember, our individual credit cards will not be charged unless our group is chosen. Remember to enter by March 18th. We will be notified on April 1st.

Nike Marathon website link to register - (Remember to use the above email address as the GROUP ID)

http://insidenikerunning.nike.com/c...omens-marathon/?promoID=uscrmNWM_regm_03Mar08

Ok, I hope everyone is doing well today. I’m going to rest some more now and I’ll try to check back and post something more later today.

Thomasina

Afternoon Ladies!

I'm taking a break from laundry, etc. I thought I'd pop in before it gets much later. It wasn't too bad a night for DS8. Another funny story DS5 is sure to keep me supplied. :) He normally sleeps with his big brother, but of course not last night. Anyway, he wanted to check on his big brother and was in there this AM while I waking DD for school. He said, "Mommy remember when I got sick. Daddy said I had a bug in my throat." :7 All this time he thought he was sick from an actual bug! No wonder he's been so afraid of bugs, spiders. etc.:+

Christine ~ ((((HUGS)))) to your family. Great job on the KB circuit! You come up with some interesting workouts using the KBs.

Kristi ~ Happy BIrthday to your DH. Mine is hard to buy for too. We usually do house stuff.

Carole ~ Nice workout plan. If you don't mind me asking, how long does that take? No, DS5 was rock climbing for the first time, but DS8 was sick last night.

Wendy ~ Sorry I can't help with your P90X question. If it's like ARX then maybe it'll be a lot on your hip flexors. I've only done a half hour of CS, so can't remember the workout.

Wendi ~ Your rotation looks good. Like the 2 days of working legs. Are you not doing cardio this week? Sorry work has been so hectic. :(

Lori ~ Is your DS's fever from teething or is he sick too? I have three children, ages: 10,8,5. I'm hoping the youngest doesn't get this "bug". It seems these things run right through the house. I'll still take this over the Influenza which we had this time last year. :( At least this is a fast one. Lots of laundry though. :( What did you decide workout wise? I'm liking the short intense cardio these days too. :)

Cathy ~ Good luck at the doc appt. Hope everything is OK. Yep, it was quite here without you!

Sunny ~ When you do iStrength are you working out at the gym. Is it hard to follow along?

Lorie ~ Survive those early meetings?

Hi Posh, Judy, Linda, Jackie, Shelly and any other Cheetahs that check in.

Oh, I did PlyoX and xStretch. I have to say I really like PlyoX. }(Gotta go check on DS.

Have a great day!

ETA: Hi Posh! Sending healing {{{VIBES}}} your way. When it rains it pours, huh?? :( Hope you get some rest. Oh, I'd love to with you gals. Don't think I could get away though. :(

Hello ladies! I'm back very briefly to reply to a few posts. I just registered for the Nike HM. YEAH! Let's hope we are picked!

Posh - I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. I hope your Yukon woes will be taken care of soon. Thanks for the Nike HM update re: registration. It will be so nice if our group is chosen. Get some rest!

Christine - I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL's declining health. Your DH must be so thankful that he can be there for her. Your MIL and family are in my prayers.

Sunny - I don't know if the race bug has fully hit me yet. I think I'm still in the "what was I thinking signing up for 3 races before my HM" frame of mine. My legs aren't going to particularly like me, but whatever doesn't kill me only makes me stronger, right?

Dallas - Great workout today!

WAVES to all cheetahs in Cheetahland!

:)

Dallas- Oh my A BUG in his throat! Little ones are so literal! Glad his night (and yours) wasn't too bad.

Wendy- How sweet Joey and Clyde playing! Did you keep the shorts too? so much for saving money and not buying STS. I bought a handbag and some shoes on line today. But they are really hot and I am very picky about handbags. It is (kind of) OK though because of all those clothes I bought last month, I returned 200$ worth.

Christine- I am very sorry about your MIL and your not being able to work out traveling to be with DH. (((Prayers and hugs for all of you)))

Wendy- I think it will be Ok to do Core Synergy the day after a leg WO. Especially if you have been doing it weekly.

Carole- nice WO today! Do your rosebush's smell great when the roses are on bloom?

Wendi- I did not see a problem with your rotation, and if it is one you can stick with I say keep it up!

Today I opted for all upper body with 4DS. It is the first time I have done all UB from that series at once. I really liked it. Maybe it was because I am not in the mood for cardio today....

Hi Lori and Lorie!

Hey Shelly! What's up?

Thomassina- good luck with the Nike marathon and everyone signing up. I will not be able to attend, but will be insanely jealous of all of my Cheetah pals....

Hi Kristi- I missed something. Is it DH's birthday? did you get him a cheesecake?

I have been a lazy lady today. I better go get some laundry done now....

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

Judy - Everyone deserves a lazy day once in a while. I hope you are enjoying yours. :) You didn't miss anything. My DH's birthday isn't until next week, but he will be out of town on business at that time. On Saturday the kids and I are going to celebrate it with cheesecake, DH's favorite dessert.

Hi Girls!

Just wanted to pop in and say Upper and A/C+ are both DONE! I *ALMOST* waivered and did the standing portion of Ab Jam instead of A/C+ but I decided to stick to the program and I plowed right through it!}(

Gotta get ready to head out to MIL's for dinner now.

BBL though!:)

Hi Cheetahs!

Just browsed through the posts. No time for too many personals but I'll respond to questions. Had to take my mom in for an out-patient procedure this morning. She came through fine. I managed to get in a 30 minute workout. I did iTread #5 20 minutes. This one is fast and flat with incline going no higher than 3%. Finished up with a 10 minute stretch.

Judy - I'm trying to close on the new house by April 1. Then I can get moving.

Wendy - Yep, my 30 day P90X rotation is complete. Being sick threw me off schedule a little but I finished it.

Cathy - The final granite color is Golden 500. It has a mixture of golds, browns and tans. It goes well with the cherry cabinets and hardwood floors.

Dallas - I have been taking pics along the way. It is nice to see the transformation.

Christine - So sorry to hear about MIL. The family will be in my prayers. I know it has to be hard for you not being there for DH but can definitely understand why it's not a feasible trip right now.

Hello to all others! I'm trying to catch up at work a little. Will stay a little later too. Kind of an exhausting day. I could use a nap. Might hit the hay early tonight.

Hope everyone had a nice day!

Jackie

Came back to check the blog really quickly. That is awesome about the Plyometrics. :) I like the slower speed too that Cathe will incorporate. I do have a question that maybe someone here may know. Will there be a stretch workout w/STS? I really enjoyed xStretch this AM. I searched on the STS forum, but came up with nothing.

Jackie ~ Glad your mom did just fine for her procedure. I'll have to check out iTread #5. :) Your house choices sound beautiful. We have brazilian cherry floors and cabinets. We recently re-stained the kitchen to be even darker. I like it even better.

Judy ~ We all have lazy days. I find I'm more lazy when I don't work out. You'd think it would be the other way??? Kids are funny. :7

Kristi ~ Enjoy that cheesecake. :9

Wendy ~ Way to go on the workout! Have fun at din-din. :)

DS is feeling better, but still doesn't feel like eating. :(

Have a good night everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.