TTTtuesday....KKKkettlebells

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning!!

Jane::: I hope your moms surgery goes well today! I will be thinking of you guys and sending positive vibes! This too shall pass, and soon your life will be back to "normal" again!;)

Melissa::: I didn't realize your DH works retail. Mine does too! It would be nice if this all works out for your DH!

Todays workout: http://jerseygirl4565.blogspot.com/
I'm not sure why I grabbed the 12kg to finish up, I should have grabbed the 30#er! This was a fun workout, I may do it again next week!:)

waves to Gayle, Marcy and Rhonda!!!!!!!!
Have a great Tuesday everyone!
BBL

Good morning!

Jane - Sending positive vibes for your mom!!!(((HUGS)))

Melissa - I hope everything works out for DH.

Deanie - I hope everything works out for you at school. Great job on the snatches today! :) Are you getting the NJ Crossfit WODs through your iPhone? Is it free that way? (I got an iTouch)

Hi Rhonda and Marcy!

Here's last night's workout:

Buy in:
Ritual limbering up
2 rounds 8kg
* 10x halos (5r/5l)
* 10x goblet squats

ETK:
14 min. 30/30 swings @ 12kg
* jumped rope on the rests
* took a 30 sec rest at 9 minutes

Cash out:
Chin up/Push up ladder
2 ladders of 3 rungs (I'm not sure my terminology is right) :confused:
* My chin ups aren't dead hang. I'm starting from the floor with about a 170 degree bend in my elbow, but there's no jumping.

Have a good day!

Last edited:
Jane, I'll be thinking of you, your mom and your sisters all day. ((((((hugs))))))

Deanie, he is a computer technician so he isn't officially retail but he has retailer's hours. I hate those hours! I don't see him at all Mon-Thurs. and whenever we go anywhere or see anyone people are always asking him computer questions. I am trying not to complain, but is very wearing. More than half of the people that call us are asking for his advice, and some even ask if he wouldn't mind taking time away from his family to fix their problems for free. :eek: We just had a bad weekend of that, can you tell?
No running today?!? :p:p:p

I am making up a workout for today's Variety day. I will be doing swings, push-ups, working on snatches... I just haven't put anything in order yet.

See you gals later!

Melissa

Cash out:
Chin up/Push up ladder
2 ladders of 3 rungs (I'm not sure my terminology is right) :confused:
I FEEL THE SAME WAY!!! I think of it as Rung=Round and ladder... well, I still haven't figured out how to put a visual in my head because the rung and ladder look the same to me when I picture it! Why not just call it "x ladders of n" and leave the whole "rung" out because it's confusing :p

14 minutes - I bet that was intense!

Melissa

Melissa - I can totally sympathize with your DH. I work in IT, and every social gathering has become an opportunity for someone to ask about their computer. I'm at the point where I'll help out only *certain* friends and family (those who've always been appreciative, reciprocal in some way, and don't expect me to drop everything for them), but with others, I've just learned to give a blank stare and say "I don't know, you better call Dell". :p

Hi to everyone here at the check-in, :D

And a big hello to Deanie & Melissa :D, I'll just introduce myself very quickly here, my name is Annie, i'm from N.Ireland I have two sons, Michael (17yrs) and Ethan (23 mnths) and i've kindly been invited to drop in to your check-ins.

I've only recently started training with Kettlebells at the beginning of March thanks to the kind help and advice from Melissa and Deanie.

I'm currently using a 8kg kettlebell and i'm using Lauren Brook's Vol.1 DVD.

So I completed my 40 minute workout today, i've mentioned to Melissa about not feeling my hamstrings with the 8kg, so i'm hoping to shortly go heavier to maybe a 12kg. Unfortunately i'm having a few issues with calluses on my hands and have read an article on DragonDoor about handcare. So hopefully using handcream and a pumice stone will do the trick. I also wore a pair of weightlifting gloves to ease the friction for now. If that's a complete no, no, please feel free to say. And if anyone can let me know how the check-in's work, do you all do your own thing or stick to certain workouts.

A lot of questions there :eek:, so apologies.

Big Hello to Melissa, saw your youtube clip on pull-ups, well done.

Chat to you all soon.:D

Melissa - I can totally sympathize with your DH. I work in IT, and every social gathering has become an opportunity for someone to ask about their computer. I'm at the point where I'll help out only *certain* friends and family (those who've always been appreciative, reciprocal in some way, and don't expect me to drop everything for them), but with others, I've just learned to give a blank stare and say "I don't know, you better call Dell". :p
Dan has definitely gotten to that point! He is a broken record "Call me at work. Call me at work. Call me at work" but we are always smiling and happy so I think that translates into approachable and eager to please (which is, unfortunately to a degree, true). But to be honest, he likes fixing the kids' friends' parents' computers because it lets him know whose home our kids can go to IYKWIM. ;)

ANNIE!!! YOU'RE HERE!!! :D:D:D:D:D
I have nothing to say about the callouses because I am not someone who cares about that kind of stuff, lol. My hands have them, but they are barely noticeable now. My hands are sore for a week if I ever have to take a short break, but eventually, usually a week, everything goes back to normal. I can't remember how it felt when I first started though. Let me know how the pumice and cream works because I know a man who works on computers that could use some. :p
How do the gloves feel? I haven't even thought about using gloves with KBs before! Do you feel like it affects your grip on the handle?

Basically we just do what we want to do here. A couple of us are in rotations, but for the most part we all do different things. Feel free to follow the beat of your own drum! :)

I am going to post my workout for the day and then take off - the boys are getting rowdy, but thank goodness we only have Spelling left and I can set them free!

3 minute rounds:

1: 10 Swings with 20kg and 10 push-ups until the 3 minute mark

2: 1 minute each of
Figure 8 to a Hold
Goblet Squat
Superplank

3: TGU with a snatch to switch sides (I am going for 30#) until the 3 min. mark

4: 1 minute each of
Hand to Hand Swings
Divebombers
Hand 2 Hand Sumos

5: Swing with Push-ups again

6: 1 minute each of
Suitcase Deadlift
Side Planks
Static Lunges

7: TGU with snatch again

I tried to channel my inner Jane to create this, and it should be interesting! I am really, really, really going to focus on hip snap. I wonder how it will flow, but I know for sure that my Gymboss will get a good workout! :p

See you all later!

Melissa

Last edited:
Good Afternoon!

WELCOME ANNE!!!:):):)

Anne::: I use an emery board and hand lotion for my callouses, works fine for me. Gloves are okay to start with, but without would be better - something to work towards. Your grip will improve without the gloves....occasionally, when I have ripped my hands, or have a blister, I will use gloves, but I feel they hinder my workout . We all kind of do what workout we want and post here. We look forward to posting with you!

Melissa::: Have fun with your workout today! I am tired just reading it!!LOL What does IYKWIM mean?

Gayle::: I liked your buy in today. Good job with the chin ups!... by the way, I will be pm'ing you later.... I have some computer ????'s! ***ha ha*** just kidding:D:D:D I LOVE your response to people!!!LOL LOLMy brother is the computer go to guy and sometimes I do feel bad calling him on a sat or sun and asking for HELP!! .... but not too bad, ;):p

((((Jane and mom))))

waves to Marcy and Rhonda!

Good morning!

Deanie - Are you getting the NJ Crossfit WODs through your iPhone? Is it free that way? (I got an iTouch)

Gayle::: Forgot to mention, yes, NJ crossfit is free on your itouch (my ds let me use his!:eek::eek:) ...but today's workout was from an old nj xfit workout I had cut and pasted in to my word program.

Thank you very much to Melissa and Deanie for your warm welcome, it means alot. :D:D

I seriously have'nt been as nervous since I went for my Driving Test. So, thank you very much.

Chat to you soon.

Annie:D:D

Hi Annie - Welcome to the group! I have some callous issues, too, and I'm really bad about taking care of them. I'm trying the pumice stone and lotion technique. I don't like gloves for KB work...they just don't feel right.

Melissa - Good luck with your Jane-inspired workout!

Deanie - I'm going to try and install that app now. :)

Nice to meet you Gayle, and thanks for your welcome.

Sorry to hear about your callouse issues as well, your right about the gloves they do feel weird, a bit of TLC and hopefully it subsides.

Chat to you soon

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.