Trying to Fit in Yoga........Wednesday, November 28th

Hi ladies! Thought I would get us started today since I haven't been around much the past couple of days. I have really been taking it easy, but it is time to get focused again! When I had stopped working out last week, I had just started a BBC rotation, so I am not sure whether to pick it back up or proceed directly to the new Cathe's.

I will catch up on personals later...when I am not at work :p!

Have a great day everyone!

RE: Trying to Fit in Yoga........Wednesday, November 28...

Good afternoon everyone -

This morning, I did BBC Legs & non-treadmill cardio. I use a barbell for most of this workout & I also add ankle weights for the floor portion. I know a lot of people have said that they don't like this DVD from that series but last time I did it, I could barely walk the next day & was sore for several days afterward. So although I find Nadia's constant counting a bit irritating, I think the workout is effective so I plan to do it each time I do a week of BBC. I also did about 30 minutes of yoga since my dog woke me up at 5:00 a.m. & I couldn't go back to sleep... & I really enjoyed it. I focused of a few standing poses that really stretch the entire body & then moved to the floor where I did lots of other "stretchy" poses. I actually used the Yoga Journal series DVDs #1 & #2 for this but skipped most of the sun salutation parts & also stopped the second DVD to add a few poses like headstand in my Yoga Lift. Thank goodness I got in bed at 9:30 & actually got some sleep before being so rudely awakened - LOL.

Jen - Thanks for starting the thread & it's great to hear from you today! So you mentioned that you stopped working out last week. Did you take a rest week or did the holidays just get in the way? You said you started BBC too. Have you tried all of the DVDs yet? What do you think so far? The only one I haven't done is the Total Body DVD because once I get finished with the other 4, all I really feel like I need is some yoga. This is my second week of Barry's... the only other week I did them was the week before Thanksgiving. So far, I'm really enjoying them as a change from Cathe & I have also always felt them the next day too so I plan to add them in from time to time when I feel the need to change things up a bit.

Lora - Hope you're having a good day & get a chance to pop in over here. Oh yeah... yetserday, I asked which Ravi & Ana DVD I should start with. I've never done one but I thought it would be a good item to add to my wish list for Christmas.

Yve - Hi! Hope you're doing well & I hope you have a chance to visit today too!

I'm off to finish up for the day... only an hour to go! Hope everyone has a great afternoon & evening!

I ended up doing Patrick Goudeau's Body By Design this morning. I strapped ankle weights onto my body bar and was so excited I had an 18 pound bar!! Yay!! This was Diane Sue's great idea from Hardcore. That's where I also got the tip to use 2 resistance bands together if I needed a heavier resitance! Workout was 1 hour 30 min and I burned 620 calories. I was gonna do some Kundalini....but I hardly slept last night thinking about all of the other organizing I wanted to do in the house...

....so I went on another organizer frenzy. Actually didn't even have time for breakfast or time to do my neck stretches! (Ate a protein bar for breakfast -- or should I say gagged it down.....yuk...not the greatest tasting things). Then I had a doctor appt this afternoon for my sinuses and was over Mom's for a while. My DH says the house looks like a storage facility with all of the containers and organizers I bought (won't even tell you how many contain Makeup and Lush!!...i'm sick) to try to unclutter. I don't know if it looks any better, but at least I'll be able to dust now!! LOL.

NOW I NEED YOGA badly!!! I will try to do some tomorrow. I MUST get my butt out of bed before 3:00 am. I've only been able to get up that early lately and i've been trying for 2:00 in preparation for my new job. I have sooooooooo much anxiety over this job and just started my period....so I'm a bit "mental" right now....thus the crazy frenzy of house work!

Kel - I used to listen to my own music doing the Barry's sometimes... cuz the only instructor I really liked was Barry and the music is the same ol' same ol. How high of a step are you using? I think the one they use is unsafe. I didn't use that high of one. I still haven't started to run yet. My foot has still been aching off and on....so I'm going to give it a bit longer.

Let's see Ravi & Ana -- first of all--- be prepared to do some strange S#$%!! My favorites (and for different reasons) are Yoga Beauty Body....this is a wonderful 45 minute routine that is moderate in intensity and has plough and shoulderstand at the end. I think it's a good sequence. I also like Yoga Bliss Hips cuz it has premixes. It's an hour by itself, but has a great 30" premix. It doesn't get into the hips like the traditional hip opening yoga DVDs...but Ana uses some other methods and she explained this once in the newsletter and it made a lot of sense to me....and the DVD makes me feel good. The other ones I really like are: Yoga Quick Fixes -- cuz you can just do 5-15 minute sessions or link some together for a longer workout. Yoga Cleanse, Lighten Up and Purify - cuz I like working on my liver (due to my sinus problems or this is good if you've eaten some bad food and you want to detox), lastly - Dance the Chakras is a fave...cuz it has a wonderful 30" yoga set (that can be done in 2 fifteen min sessions) and a half hour of Chakra Dancin' that is sort of fun and makes you feel good. Be ready to let go of your inhibitions though. Oh...and I can't forget A Journey Thru the Chakras. I like this one and usually do it in parts...not all together. I also like FAt Free Yoga - Total Tune up - cuz it's easy to do in 15-20 min segments and I like the sequences to do at night. Yikes....I named a lot!! I still haven't done my Navel Power or Warrior workout ones yet (I have them all). Hope that helps.

Hi jen and Yve

Back again! I did Cathe's Lower Intensity Step-Weights first premix and added on the calves and core. I got home very late tonight because traffic was horrible. I still can't believe that it can take over an hour to go 9 frickin' miles. I was lucky to get in a workout this evening, but knew I had to do it no matter how late I got home. I can't believe it's after 9pm-I am usually in bed by now!!! LOL!!! One plus side was that I ate dinner so late that I didn't feel like eating much! I decided I am going to try to go back to Barry's-I think I just need a couple of workouts to get back in the swing before I try his again.

Kel-So glad you are back!! :) I would love to chat more about Barry's-I am liking them too! I will answer your post in more detail tomorrow.

Lora-When do you start your new job? Is it this coming Monday?

Hi to Yve if you check in later! Have a great night ladies!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.