Trying to Fit Yoga in for Wednesday April 30

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did another circuit from Valerie Waters Blog. This time I did workout A from Her Six By Six workout. This one seemed easier (and shorter) than the Action Hero Workout from last week.

Circuit 1 (Repeated 3 times)

Single -Leg Step Up on High Step - used 10 lb DBs
Pushups - 12 - did these with one hand elevated on KB and switched sides
Valslide Reverse Lunges - used 12 lb DBs and my Gliding Discs
Bent Over Rows - 12 reps - used 20 lb DBs first set & 25 lb last 2 sets
Valslide Planks - Mountain Climbers with feet on Gliding Discs and hands on Med Ball balancing - 30 reps

Circuit 2 (Repeated 3 times)

RDL's - 12 reps - used 20 lb DBs (can't go heavy due to back problems)
Squats & Presses - 10 reps (modified side laterals) 15 lb DBs
Standing Bicep curls 12 reps - used 15 lb DBs
Bruce Lee Kick - or roundhouse kick - used my ankle weights - 15 each leg
Dips - 12 reps
Crunches on ball with resitance 15 reps - did these on my Bender Ball with a 15 lb KB. Added a set of Russian Twists to the last set.

I also added a set of one armed Kettlebell Swings and a couple sets of Firewalkers with my red band. I did the stretch off of BodyMax 2.

Workout was 62" and I burned 446 calories. I like how this circuit kept my HR up for the most part without any cardio added. Hope I get sore tomorrow, but not sure if I will since this was nothing out of the ordinary.

Have great workouts everyone. It's gonna be a long day for me today. We have tons of new patients scheduled late this afternoon....so I'll probably be at work late tonight and I couldn't sleep last night! I took a Prednisone tab last night for my facet joint/shoulder/jaw and neck pain and it made be soooooooooooo wired. My pain is flaring something fierce. I think it's hormonal since I'm PMSing. Wish I'd just start already!

Kel - I posted on yesterdays thread with responses about Kettlebell DVDs again.

Yve - nice of you to stop in. I wish you weren't so busy so we could chat more often. Sound like you're enjoying your new bundle of joy. Hope you get the okay to work out soon and find time to fit it in! I'm also SO VERY excited for Jen! It's amazing what they can do these days.

Jen - how are you? Crazy busy at work? Hope you are finding time to workout.

Good afternoon -

Last night, I remembered to set my alarm before I went to sleep so this morning, I got up & did MuscleMax Timesaver Premix. Even though it's a bit shorter, I still got in a great workout. Not sure about tomorrow but I need to do some cardio so I'm thinking about popping in Kelly Coffey's original Step Boxing & mainly doing the cardio portion. I was also thinking about Cardio Fusion Mixed Cardio Premix so I'll let y'all know whenever I decide. Since I missed working out yesterday, I'm also thinking about doing something other than yoga on Friday, probably kettlebells. Again, I'll let you know when I decide.

Lora - The workout you did this morning sounds fun & I'll be interested to hear if you're sore tomorrow. Sometimes just mixing up the order in which you do certain exercises can make you sore. That's why I think BBS Legs gives me DOMS while 4DS Legs never does. I saw what you posted about kettlebells last night & I'm definitely interested in the Extreme Cardio Kettlebell workout but I'm still interested in the Goddess one too, even though you said you didn't really like it. I don't really know why, I just think it sounds good. I don't think I'll get any of the others right now, though, because they're just too expensive. Did you say Amy Bento was going to come out with some kettlebell workouts too? I will definitely be interested in those too. I bet other instructors will start making some KB workouts soon too, now that they're starting to become so popular.

Hi to Jen & Yve if you pop in later. Hope you're both doing well.

Hope everyone has a great Hump Day... take care!

I'm excited -- Valerie Waters just posted an Action Hero 2 workout. Here it is if anyone's wants it!

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=9&topic_id=118095&mesg_id=118095&page=

Kel - I think you'll like the Extreme KB Cardio one with Keith Weber, however, it's a lot more challenging than Sarah Luries -- so be prepared to pause the DVD to catch your breath! I think you should seriously consider AOS Providence for a very near future purchase! You'll like Anthony and the music is good (workout also). Don't get me wrong, the Goddess DVD has lots of options....but it's not that much "fun" IMO. Amy actually already filmed a KB workout a while ago. It should be released soon. It will not be sold on her site....but another fitness site and I'm sure she'll advertise on her site though. She has an advanced one scheduled to be filmed in her Fall lineup!

Hi ladies! I missed my WO and posting last night. I came home from work and changed into my workout clothes. Then, for some unknown reason I got into bed and fell asleep with my workout clothes on. LOL! So, it counts as a workout if you wear them to bed right? Anyway, I woke up at 9:30 p.m. and ate some dinner and then went right back to bed. Guess I really needed some sleep! So, tonight's WO was walking with the Bassett Hounds for 30 minutes (didn't break a sweat, very mild walking) and then came in and did the LowMax 1-4 intervals. I had to modify a little, but felt like I got a really good workout. Lenny has had a couple of episodes of sickness, but overall is doing well with his chemo treatments.

Lora-LOL on your "She's a freakin Terrorist" comment! Poor Brookie! I can't believe you have to take her back to the vet again so soon, but I guess it really is better to take that precaution with the disease that is going around. Will you have to take Hollywood in also? I love the sound of the Bruce Lee kick in your workout this morning....:eek:...that just sounds cool! Although, I have no idea how you can do kicks with ankle weights on! Wow! That's some impressive leg strength.

Yve-So glad you got the chance to check in with us. That is wonderful that everything is going well with the baby. Are you getting much sleep at night? How often are you getting up to check on the baby? Thanks so much for the well wishes! The tears in your eyes bring tears to my eyes.....so let's just have a good hormonal happy cry, shall we? :) :) :) I hope I get as lucky as you had it with the morning sickness...so far just slight nausea and that's it.

Kel-Congrats on the kettlebell DOMS! I am sure the workout you missed was a good opportunity to give your body some rest. Funny how we both slept through our workouts on the same day! It's interesting how many people are giving rave reviews to MuscleMax lately. I guess it's because SNM has everyone prepping for STS now. So, are you kinda' freeforming your rotation to play with your new kettlebells/workouts or are you substituting them for strength or endurance workouts in a rotation?

Have a great night everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.