Trying to Fit Yoga In for Wednesday April 23

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did that Action Hero Workout again from Valerie Walter's Blog. I was able to get thru the entire workout and only had to cut off a few reps of the leg work towards the end due to time constraints. I lifted about what I lifted last time, only I didn't pyramid the weights on my circuits like I did last time. I added Cathe's LIC stretch to the end. Workout was 65" and I burned 459 calories. (was able to get thru it a bit faster today). Tune's were Papa Roach's Paramour Sessions.

Jen - I don't think dog's mind going to the Vet as much as cats do ....at least from what I've seen at the Vet. Brooklyn is scared to death to even be caged....let alone go for a car ride and get tormented at the Vet (our cats are indoor and never go outside). She has to go back to get a Booster Vaccine for a deadly disease that's going around since she was at the Vet's office. Other than that, there is not follow up on her surgery. I have to just keep an eye on the surgical site and watch for signs of infection. I don't know how we're even going to get her to the Vet for the shot. She's so hard to catch and cage! It is no small feat! She's a little terrorist. It's even REALLY hard to give her medicine. It's gotten to the point that she runs if she sees me walking towards her. I hear ya about gas prices.....actually prices of everything these days. So when's the next pregnancy test? Are you getting excited for STS? Did you preorder? Are you buying Gliding Discs?

Have a great day everyone.

Good morning/afternoon -

Sorry I haven't been around for awhile again. Of course, I never seem to have time on the weekends but I've just had a lot on my mind & still feeling sort of blah this week so I've just been keeping to myself. So first, I'll get caught up on my workouts. This week, I went back to 4DS & started out with Bootcamp plus Bis, Tris, & abs from 4DS kickbox. Yesterday, I did 4DS HIS & BBC Butt & Legs. This morning, I did 4DS Kickbox plus 4DS Shoulders & Abs from LIS. Last Saturday, I enjoyed a nice yoga practice that I did on my own. We also didn't do anything so we had a really nice, relaxing weekend.

So here's what I've had on my mind. I still haven't "started" since my procedure at the end of February. Well, I did have significant spotting afterward that lasted into the beginning of March but that's all. So I went back to the doctor on Monday & they did blood work to check my thyroid & hormones. Guess what... the hormone tests show that I'm experiencing early menopause. I wasn't surprised, though. I've been experiencing symptoms since my mid-30's but she insisted that I was too young then so she only tested my thyroid & of course, it came back normal. So I've had a lot of symptoms & I've had a lot on my mind too. You know, you search for anything on the internet & find good & bad. For instance, I had Lasik & you can definitely find some horror stories out there, along with the good stories. It's no different with any other procedure, including a tubal. I researched it extensively before having it, along with vasectomy, & made my educated decision based on that & what my doctor told me. Well, since I've been experiencing this, I got back online & I've seen a lot more horror stories. Oh, they're not terrible or have horrible endings but they're not good stories either. Yes, I read some of this before my surgery but I just got back online again since I got my test results. But the good news is that I'm not experiencing any of the other bad symptoms some other people have posted at all so I'm really not that worried. Plus, I know so many other women who have had the same procedure & they're just fine. Oh well. Guess I shouldn't have researched it on the internet again after all...

Lora - Glad to hear everything is okay with your Brookie. Believe me, I know how much our furry babies mean to us. I saw what you wrote to Jen & I'm really getting phyched about STS now! I would like to get that assisted pull up tower when it's available & I'm also going to get gliding discs too. Do you think I should invest in some platemates or do you think I can just stick with the 5# increase in my dumbbells?

Jen - I hope everything is going well with Lenny... & also with your IVF. I continue to think about you frequently. Are you still doing BBC? I did it last week & ended up feeling pretty "beat up" by the end of the week so that's why I went back to 4DS this week. I still substitute BBC Legs for 4DS Legs, though. I'm interested to see what you have to say about STS too.

Well, I better go for now. I think I might head out & shop for a bit during lunch. Hope everyone has a great day!

Kel - my Platemates and Rebounder were the 2 BEST pieces of equipment I ever bought. My Platemates really helped me gain strength. I was never able to make the 5 lb jump but with Platemates....I've gotten stronger and progressed. The Rebounder is a No Brainer for low impact....high intensity! I use it SOOO much. Gliding dics would be very beneficial also. Sorry to hear about your medical problems. I'm clueless with the procedure you had done. My DH had a vasectomy. I was tested for menopause since I went thru a bout of having my periods every 2 weeks for a while and they said I wasn't in menopause yet.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.