Trying to Fit Yoga In for Wed Sept 19

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

Short and sweet workout for me this morning as I have to go into work early due a doctor appt after work. I did Jillian's Cardio Kickbox while listening to my own music. Workout was 30" and I burned 220 calories.

Christine - my favorite type of yoga used to be Vinyasa Flow/Ashtanga or Power Yoga (whatever you prefer to call it), but more recently since my body's been feeling so beat, I've been enjoying some slower moving Hatha type practices. I like Kundalini for variety and working on the glands more....but it's not really my favorite thing to do. I think I have more of a thing for favorite teachers than I do for favorite "kinds" ...if that makes any sense.

Have a great day ladies.

Good morning yoginis & yogini-wannabees! Getting an early start on the forums today, thank goodness. Didn't get a chance to check back in last night but I ended up doing L&G & didn't fit in any yoga because once I was finished, I was really hungry so I just went back upstairs & ate. This morning, I did the ME Upper Body Only Premix (it includes the warm-up, abs, & cool down too), followed by the Blast Only portion of KM. It was a nice workout & I feel really good!

After a few emails with my yoga-buddy yesterday, I think we're going to try & take a class next Tuesday. Neither of us have been in awhile & I love to take a live class so I really hope it works out. I might try to do some yoga either Friday or over the weekend but I'll just have to wait & see. I'm going through one of those phases where I just don't feel like I can sacrifice my "normal" workouts & I'm also feeling very strong & energetic so I guess I'll just do what feels right for me right now...

Lora - I have the Maximize series by Jillian but I never got the kickboxing one. Is it worth having? I don't do the others much because I always tend to reach for a Cathe instead but I do like her style. Speaking of... are you watching Biggest Loser? I love the new twist & I love that Jillian's back too!

Christine - How did you like Yogilates Level 3, Advanced? I want to order Eionn Finn's Yoga For Happiness too. Do you know how long it will be on backorder before it's shipped?

Yve - I've never heard of Yogatopia. Is it a DVD workout? Glad you liked the new studio & teacher. There are several yoga studios around here but I've only gone to 2 & tend to stick with the one that's closer to my house. I have 2 of the thicker mats (1/4", I think) & I really like them. I've never used an 1/8" mat.

Jen - I guess things are really busy at work? Hope things calm down soon so you can spend more time chatting again. How is Lenny doing? Way to go on PUB! I'm very impressed with you going heavier than Cathe! I did it Monday & I can barely match her weights on most of the exercises, let alone go heavier. I do go heavier with the shoulder work, a little heavier with the tricep kick-backs (except the last set with 10's), & I actually do a few bicep hammer curls with my 20's but I can barely make it through the chest work or tricep overhead presses matching her, I usually go down a little with the standard bicep curls (I don't have a problem with the hammers), & all the others are about right for my level. So way to go... & way to go with PLB too!

Well, I have TONS to do here today & I'm feeling more motivated than I have been so far this week so I guess I better go get some things done. Hope everyone has a great day & I'll try to pop back in later if I get the chance.

Take care!:)

Hi Yoga Ladies!

I did a 3.5 mile run this morning and followed it with Yee’s Power Yoga for Flexibility. I liked this one, but my one complaint would be that he did not hold the poses long enough. I’d like to see each pose held for 30 seconds at least as it is supposed to promote flexibility. That being said, it is the perfect after run stretch video.

Lora – Thanks – I think I know what you mean. I, too, like various styles, but I have favorite teachers. I love Power Yoga, but I also like the slower ones. It’s funny, but some I consider strength builders, others stretches. But the heart of the workouts are similar – and I just love the soothing flow of so many of the practices.

Kel – oh that sounds fabulous! I love live classes. I am a firm believer that you need to go with how you feel. It can change from week to week. I liked Yogilates Level 3, but at the same time, I kind of felt as if he wanted to put out an advanced pilates video, but needed to have a unique marketing angle, so he tacked on Yoga at the end. I didn’t get this feeling with the level 2 DVD. I’m going to do it again – I may have been impatient yesterday. LOL I love the Cardio Coaches and the iTreads. They sometimes give me that extra umph I need to get through the workout. Great job on helping raise the $91,000 for the Children’s Hospital – what a worthy cause! Next time, post a link – if I can donate I will. I participate in so many of those events, that I am always willing to sponsor someone else. That is so tough about your FIL! How is your DH taking it? He’ll be in my prayers!

Jennifer – Pacing is tough. Maybe picking slightly slower songs would help to keep your pace a little slower. Or even perhaps speed up and pace yourself to every other beat of the music. I very picky about running music as I hate to feel off beat (former music major). Good luck! You’ll build that base back quickly.

Best to all!

Goodafternoon ladies,

Hope you are having a nice day. 28 degrees here in sunny T.O.
Nice change from last weeks 10 degrees!!

I took another long walk today - and will go to restorative yoga class tonight.

Lora - I agree with you that a good instructor is a bigger determinant in whether I enjoy a practice or not. But having said that... my favourite is Seanne Corne - and her vinyasa practice. :)

Kel - That is great that you will start back at a live class. I think one gets the full experience of yoga that way. What type of class will you take? Yogatopia is a vinyasa dvd - intermediate - and the instructor is Litsa Kaptanais. I like her practice.

Christine - That is good to know about the Rodney Yee dvd. I too like stretches to be held for at least 30 seconds.

Jenn - It sounds like you are super busy at work. It's just amazing that you are going heavier than Cathe. Wow -is all I have to say!

Have a nice evening ladies.
Yve

Hi ladies! Tonight's WO was walking mixed with a little running for a total of 45 minutes. I am sore all over from the PLB and PUB this week. It is worth the DOMS-going a little heavier got me back to seeing results again. I think I will keep those two in my line up for next week also. It's such a toss up as to whether or not to work out when I am really, really sore. Sometimes it helps, but there are also times like this evening that it seems like the DOMS are worse. What do you ladies typically do?

Lenny is still doing great! All done with the prednisone now and doesn't have a vet appointment until the 28th.

Lora-How is your mom doing? How did it go at the doctor? I thought about you today during my walk since we are having just a slight drop in the temperature-how are your sinuses holding up?

Christine-I like it when yoga poses are held for longer periods, too. I get irritated when they cut the relaxation short after they talk about how important the final resting pose is! Thanks for the advice on the pacing. I did try to slow down some today and tried to run for longer. I think I could have gone somewhat longer today but my shoes are shot and it's time for a new pair. How often do your replace yours? With the mileage you put on them, it must be pretty regularly!

Yve-We are on the same wavelength with the walking! Too bad we are so far away from each other. I have really enjoyed the last few evenings. Do you walk in the wintertime too? At what point is it too cold for you?

Kel-I don't think I have ever done that ME upper premix. I definitely have never been brave enough to do the Blasts only on KM! How long a segment is that? Ahhhh...so many premixes...so little time. Glad to hear you are feeling motivated-I love those kind of days. I guess I am feeling that way too since I missed so much time last month. It feels good to be regular again. (god, I sound like a laxative commercial...LOL.) HOLY COW on the biceps with 20's!!!!!!!! I can barely curl the 15s. I think I did 4 or 5 at the most.

Have a great night everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.