Trying to Fit Yoga In for Wed Nov 15

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies-

I have to leave work early today for a doctor's appt...so I need to work the early shift. I have to leave my house at 5:45 am, so I only had time for a short workout this morning. I did Barry's Bootcamp aerobics from the Arms & Abs DVD with Barry followed by cool down and stretch. It was 30 minutes total and I burned 200 calories.

I was able to fit a short segment of Kundalini in last night. I did Fat Free Yoga (with Ravi & Ana) - Warm Up and Open Up Segment. That's my favorite one so far (besides the 3 newer ones). It has a lot of breath of fire and a touch of twisting, hip opening, and sciatic nerve stretching and works the liver, pancreas and spleen.

I can't remember who said what......but I'm a General Hosital lady also. I also use Bare Minerals makeup (love it). As far as the Ali McGraw/Eric Schiffman yoga, I have it on VHS and I hardly ever do it. I know everyone at Videofitness raves about it, but I tried it a few months ago because of the raving....and quite honestly, I didn't really care for the pose selection. Maybe I'll need to try it again. I guess it must have not had any hip openers at all in it, or I probably would have liked it a little.

August - a vocalist from America living in Japan and singing in clubs. I'd love to hear that interesting story of how you ended up there! What part of Japan do you live in? A large city? Not that I'm familiar with Japan or anything. LOL.

Have a great day ladies. I'll try to check back from work.

Hi All! I can't believe I am going to say this, but my butt feels better today. I was always a big fan of rest days for soreness, but it turns out light activity is the way to go in some cases.

I checked my Netflix queue and have Sacred Yoga-Pure sweat coming in another day or so. I still have the MTV power yoga I previewed last weekend. Decisions, decisions! Which one should I do this weekend? Any advice?

I really do expect Aunt Flo this weekend, I doubt the actual "glow" starts this early. Just so you know, it's Bare Minerals Clear Radiance that gives you this look-I highly recommend! :)

I'll be back later after my workout. Have a great day!

Jen

Hi there,

I just finished doing Total Yoga Original again tonight. It's the third time I'm doing it, and weirdly, I had balance trouble for the first time! I wonder why. TTOM is not near at all, so that's not it. Wacky. Anyway, it felt great to do it, and now I'm ready to move onto a different one tomorrow.

Jen - Well, how about doing the um,....the Total Yoga one? Heh. Or the Sara Ivanhoe. Oh, I guess those aren't on your list. :)

Lora - I live in Tokyo in the middle of hustle and bustle, which I love. I love to be in the middle of a lot of action but not have to participate in it if I don't want to. ;) The story as to how I came over here...well, it's not so glamorous, really. It's just a simple story of meeting one person who introduced me to another and then before I knew it, I was living in Tokyo doing music. I absolutely adore it.

On that note (very bad pun here, please overlook LOL), I guess it's back to work for me!

Jen - I usually don't take rest days - except for twice a year when my DH and I go to Vegas....I take 5 rest days....actually just walking. However, the last 2 weeks, I'm trying to "shock" my body - so I've just been doing Yoga and stretching on Saturdays....but I'll go back to practicing my step coreography on Saturdays soon. That's like a light workout until I learn them. I have that MTV yoga also (I know, what don't I have??) and I only have done it once. It wasn't anything special for me.....but a lot of people like it. I don't remember Pure Sweat. Do Rainbeau's first so I can see what you think of her. I just love her.

August- Wow ...Toyko. From what I've seen (in the movies...LOL), it's pretty big. What a glamourous job.......Club Singer. I'm glad that we met and it's funny the way that we did meet too!! So you must like

Evening, everyone! Tonight's workout was (drum roll, please...) taking the pizza delivery box off of the delivery man's hands! Yep! I didn't do squat AND ate badly!!! And the night is not over-what are the seven deadly sins again? Anyway, it's a dreary, cold & rainy night here in Atlanta. It poured down rain all day-so much cloud cover it looked like nighttime. Everyone at work was yawning and wishing to go home. Can you imagine how hard it is to work in a place where you know there are beds within feet of your office? Yikes!

Lora-That's too bad about the Ali/Erich workout! Yes, you are absolutely right, it has little, if any, hip openers. As for the pose selection, it was the first yoga workout I ever purchased, so I tend to compare other workouts to it. Oh Well! I am still going to give it another go and give it a proper review sometime in the very near future. So you give the thumbs up to Rainbeau's Pure Sweat for this weekend? You got it, girl-I will let you know how it goes. Where do you usually purchase your Bare Minerals make-up? I usually get mine from Sephora.com and was wondering if they had the best selection. Do you have a favorite product? Do you use their make-up exclusively or mix it up between brands?

August-I am so glad you posted today! I was thinking about you when I heard about the tsunami this morning. Knowing nothing of Japanese geography-I was hoping this was not impacting you and that you are on high ground! So, you are a singer...that rocks! What music syle do you perform? Can I borrow your voice for our company Christmas party? :)I want to impress during the karaoke sing-alongs this year. We've been doing karaoke for a few years now and I finally got up the nerve to sing last year, after most everyone left the restaurant. I sang Sinead O'Connor's Nothing Compares to U. LOL! Can you imagine? I am such the car songstress, but when I get up in front of people, I get so shaky-my music just wasn't intended for the masses. Anyway, as I mentioned above, I will give you the scoop on Ali/Erich yoga, just want to view it again to make sure I get the finer points right.

Hi to Megadoo, Jeanette, Charlotte, Julie, and Yve if you post later! :)

Jen

LMAO! Wow. Pizza box hammers and didn't do squats all in one workout! You'll be sore tomorrow!

Thanks for the thoughts during the tsunami. Everyone in the States seems to know more about this than I do! All is well over here. We had a strange strong storm last night but it only lasted for like fifteen minutes and then it was back to normal. Today we're even having beautiful sun.

I do club music. Like dance music, I guess you would call it. Haha, I suck at karaoke (I guess when you sing for a living, it's hard to do karaoke - do it like a joke and people get angry, do it like you're into it and it's like "everyone! listen to me! I'm good! I'm good! Look at me look at me look at me!"...reminds me that I have a black friend who can't sing worth a bean - so she says - who hates going to karaoke because everyone expects her to go up and sing like Whitney Houston LOL), so anyway, you wouldn't want to have my voice for your Xmas party.

You sang Nothing Compares to U? Jeez, pick a harder song, why don't you!

All right, I'm off to work now. Have a good one! I'll be doing my yoga pratice before bed tonight again...

P.S. Lora - did you go into meditation before finishing your sentence? LOL. Where'd it go?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.