Trying to Fit Yoga in for Wed March 5

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Barry's Bootcamp Fat Burner - Lower Body Focus followed by Mission Upper Body Advanced, Mission Abs Advanced and part of the Code Red workout. Workout was 70" and I burned 494 calories.

I enjoyed this workout a bit more today. I used my heavier resistance band for a few exercises. I would be more thrilled with it if I hadn't paid such a steep price for it.

Now I really look forward to the end of the week....not only cuz the weekend is coming, but I look forward to my Kettlebell workout on Friday! Kettlebell's remind me of playing........only you're playing with a big heavy hunk of lead with a handle and kicking butt!

I was planning on starting to run again tomorrow....but our basement flooded last night! Darn!

Have a great day everyone.

Jen - Wow.....that IS convenient for you! What kind of store is that Whole Foods place? Organic? I need to break my 4D's out and use them for a few weeks soon. I do get a bit sick of the super high rep workouts dominating the market!

Carrie - yes, I'm in Ohio. Big state for the Primary Election. Without saying who I voted for.........since Politics is such a taboo topic of discussion - let's just say the person I voted for won the Primary in Ohio.....so I feel like my vote counted! I can't believe how close this race is though. Our country really needs the economy turned around right now and I think one of this presidential hopefuls can do just that!!

Yve - Baby Gap sounds fun....but expensive! I bet your baby will be stylish.

Kel - how are you feeling? When are you allowed to resume some activity? Is that surgery done thru scopes or did they have to make a large incision? I've had laparoscopic laser surgery done before and they went in thru 3 small incisions in my abdomen which made the recovery a lot easier than the typical huge abdominal incision.

Hi Ladies,

Snowed in today... we got way more snow than I thought that we would. Not sure which workout I will do today... I think maybe its going to be a Shiva Rea day.

Lora - I didn't know that you were a runner. Has your neighbourhood thawed out enough from the storm? Also curious - Do you have Shiva's Radiant Heart, Fluid Power, and Creative Core? If so - what do you think of them. I was on the acacia site yesterday... and jonesing to buy some new dvds.

Carrie - I didn't realize that you work... I thought you were a SAHM. What line of work are you in?

Jen - Great workout... I hear you on the varying opinions on fitness. It is confusing. Awesome that you have a Whole Foods nearby... There are two in the GTA - and they are both about a 45 min drive for us.

Kel - Hope you are recovering nicely.

Have a great day ladies.

Yve

Good morning--

Lora-good job on the vote! Where I live, we do caucases. It's kinda of weird and a little different from a primary, but it was fun none the less. I have mixed feelings on the election, but it has been interesting to see it unfold!

Yve-It's snowing here too. I swear, the winter is not letting go! Yes, I do work, but just part time. I work at a large insurance company. I enjoy it, but it's not my life's calling by any means!

Hi to Kel & Jen.

I think today is 4DS legs/biceps and then core max 1.

Carrie

Good morning everyone -

Still feeling sore & the bruising around the incision areas is still there too. Also, that darn gas they blew my tummy up with still hasn't completely worked itself out yet either. So needless to say, no workouts or anything at all to report here. I am feeling much better, though, both physically & mentally. I got really discouraged on Sunday when I realized I was still feeling bad & hurting. I just thought I would be feeling so much better before then so I ended up having a big crying session. My DH was SO understanding, supportive, & sweet, though, so his compassion helped me spring back. Plus, after asking a few others who have had this kind of surgery, I understand that it's not uncommon to be somewhat sore for about 2 full weeks. I still enjoy reading about everyone else's activities, though!

Lora - You make kettlebell workouts sound like so much fun. I guess I'm going to have to look into them now.... darn it - LOL! I'm glad you voted too. My DH & I are actually pretty heavy into politics but I agree that the subject is sort of difficult to discuss on here. I guess if we really wanted to do that, we could join another forum. I had laparoscopic surgery so I have an incision at my belly button & near my hairline below. I was put on light activity & no heavy lifting (no more than 25 pounds) for 2 weeks but I don't go back for my post-op visit until March 18 so I won't "officially" be released until then. I'm doing okay with it, though, because I honestly don't feel up to doing anything yet anyway.

Yve - I am so impressed with how you've kept up with your activities throughout your pregnancy. I'm sure it helps you feel better too. I also can't believe how quickly the time has passed. When is your actual due date?

Carrie - Enjoy your workout today! I can't wait until I can get back to the 4DS! It won't be long now...

Jen - I agree that this rest is probably going to do me more good than I can even imagine. It has been ages since I've actually taken a rest & not done anything physical at all. I'm still looking forward to getting back into it, though. Good job with your workouts lately. They sound intense!

Well, I need to go for now. I hope everyone has a great day!

Take care!

Yve -yes, I have Fluid Power and like it very much, although since it is slightly different than traditional yoga, there is a bit of a learning curve so you need to be patient at first. It really makes me feel great and stretched out ....love it. Radiant Heart is very short and I've only done it a couple of times. I paid full price...and while it's okay, it's not great. I don't have the abs one. Re: Running - I started running ...doing Cardio Coaches...running....jogging...walking a couple of years ago and then I got my first stress fracture and had to take time away from it.....then I started up again.........short while after, got the latest stress fracture......and I havent' really started back up yet. I tried one time a month or so ago and my foot ached afterwards....so I chose to put it off for a while. I will have to get back at it a bit slowly.

Kel - oops....maybe I shouldn't have said anything about the election. Hope I didn't offend you. Re: laparascopic surgery - I also had Horrid gas pains after the surgery. I actually hurt immensely after surgery, but my doctor told me it was not only from the incisions, but was from the fact that he lasered endometriosis all out of my uterus, ovaries, etc. I remember waking up and being afraid to look "down there" cuz I hurt SO bad from my upper abs down. I felt like someone had kicked me in the stomach to a severe degree. I remember that I couldn't even wear my work clothes, as it hurt to have anything resting on my incisions (I'm super sensitive). I went and got a dress from the Church (clothes for the needy) and wore the same dress to work for about 2 weeks!! That's how bad I was. I can't remember exactly how long it took, but I remember I had to wear that dress for a couple weeks so it at least took that amount of time.

Carrie - what state are you in?

Hi ladies! Quick post, as I got home from work very late, but determined to get my workout in. I should be in bed already! LOL! Tonight's WO was 4DS Shoulders and CTX Shoulders. Wanted to get in Legs too, which would just leave bi's and tri's for Thursday and then RECOVERY WEEK, but that didn't happen since I ran out of time. x( Glad to see all you chatty gals today and I will catch up more tomorrow!

Have a great night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.