Trying To Fit Yoga in for Wed Jan 23

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did P90X+ Upper Body & Abs/Core - I subbed pull-downs for the chinups today due to my pain flaring. I used my Extreme BB Band and even though it doesn't feel hard enough, I sat very far back from the wall and concentrated on really squeezing my shoulderblades and holding for a few seconds on the contraction. Now I can see if my pain is coming from pullups or pushups......or maybe both?? I used my arm slings for the hanging ab work .....love these things. I still don't know if I'm doing that Hammer/Kick back move right. I don't really feel it in the hammer position. Not sure about my angle. Any pointers? Workout was 67" and I burned 393 calories.

I also did Hemalaya Behl's Evening Bath Yoga last night and ended up dozing off in savasana.......only to go to bed later and not be able to sleep again.

Carrie - thanks for the info on the RestAid. My goodness, it's expensive. Don't think I can afford that right now. This job causes me stress cuz these people are idiots! One of the things I got talked to about is that it takes me too long to change! We can't wear our uniforms to work cuz the manager is a germophobe or something to that nature .......so for the longest time, I came in at 7:40 am cuz I know I take long to change..........but I got told I was coming in too early. I expressed my concern about being dressed and ready to work by 8:00 am and was told not to worry about it. Also, I cannot get in the building when I get there, as I don't have a key.......so I usually sit out in the parking lot waiting for someone else to pull in while I"m out there so they can let me in - rather than knocking on the door and having the office manager let me in.......cuz she doesn't always hear me and it's freakin' freezing outside! Anyway, since I got told it takes me too long to change, you can bet I'll be pounding on the door as soon as I get there! There's no winning with these people. I was always told that I'm obssessive/compusive about getting my water refilled. WTF??? Water is good for you and I like to take care of myself! I really don't even drink that much cuz I don't have time to go to the bathroom when seeing patients.......and I think I'm getting fat cuz I'm not drinking enough! Anyway, that's part of it........dread this place. I am looking for another job, but they are not abundant around here! After all, it did take me a year to get this job!

Have a great day ladies -- I'll be around later tonight after work.

Good morning everyone -

Guess what... I got to do yoga AGAIN last night! DH was visiting his mom & dad, which is about an hour away, & he called to tell me he'd still be a little while. So I popped in PYFH, did the 30 minute routine, & loved it! I also (finally) went to the grocery store afterward & made us a nice large salad for supper when I got home. On a side note, my DH has been trying to lose weight for about 2 1/2 weeks now & he's lost over 10 pounds! He's cutting back on his food intake & generally eating a lot healthier, as well as walking on the treadmill for about 15-20 minutes every evening he's able to fit it in. I know that doesn't sound like a lot to us but he's got a lot to lose so I'm very proud of him & I just wanted to share.

This morning, I did BBC Legs & Butt & Non-treadmill Cardio. I know a lot of people don't like Nadia but I actually do for some reason. I also like the workout & always get DOMS from it.

Lora - Great workout this morning! I actually hadn't ever done the Evening Bath practice before I did it the other evening (I had only done the full practice & actually hadn't pulled that DVD out in quite awhile) & I really enjoyed it. So sorry about the way things are going at your job. I hope you can hang in there until you find something better.

Carrie - Looking forward to seeing your before & after photos. I'm sure they will be amazing! Are you planning to get STS too? One of the reasons I chose that instead of P90X is because I think the schedule looks a lot more flexible whereas P90X seems to have a lot more rigid rotation schedule. Yes, you really need to get Yoga Shakti. It's wonderful!

Yve - Hope you're feeling good today & able to fit in a yoga class. I think you might enjoy that yoga DVD by Barbara Benaugh - Yoga for Stress. It's not fast paced but the routines I've done have a lot of different stretches targeted for particular areas & problems. There are over 20 routines on the DVD & it includes a segment by the Dalai Lama on meditation instruction too.

Jill - Glad to hear you're starting to feel better & I hope you get a chance to fit in some yoga soon. Sinus problems can be terrible to deal with. So how much longer would you have to do the lab work if you decided to finish it? Will it affect anything if you don't?

Jen - Awesome workout last night... & the night before too! Are you experiencing any DOMS? I'm sure I would be. Hope you have a great day & have more time to chat later.

I wonder if any of you can offer any advice? I experience some neck pain while in shoulderstand & the blanket doesn't even seem to help. Do you think it's because my neck & shoulders are just tense & I just need to keep practicing? Or do you think I might be doing something wrong? I also feel like my breathing is very constricted but maybe this is normal? I know this is supposed to be one of the most beneficial poses in yoga & I really want to like it but it's just uncomfortable. I like plough pose, full resting pose (on my back with my knees on the floor above my head), & dead bug pose though. Just wondering if anyone might have any suggestions or insight. TIA if you do...

Well, I better go for now. It's almost lunchtime (thank goodness) & I've got brown rice & black beans - YUM! Hope you all have a great Hump Day & I'll be sure to check back in later too...

Hi ladies! Peeking in at lunch!

Lora-Gosh, that's an insane amount of drama to deal with on a daily basis! It's no wonder that you are so stressed and can't sleep. I am sure you have tried this already, but taking a bath or shower before bed can sometimes help the body relax by a quick increase and then quick drop in body temperature.

Kel-That is great news about your DH! Ten pounds is a major accomplishment. I like Nadia and BBC Legs-and normally I hate all things Legs! Thanks for the workout kudos! I did have DOMS with chest but haven't had any with back or shoulders. I have triceps coming up today, which I am sure will get me good.

Have a great day everyone and I will BBL to report my WO.

H again -

Jen - That's funny... we must be workout twins because I usually hate doing legs or lower body too! But there's something about Nadia's workout that makes it bearable... & almost fun, really. And I know we feel the same about cardio too. Looking forward to hearing about your workout tonight. Hope you have a great day & "see" you later!

Hi everyone! I am definitely feeling better today! Still a little stuffy, but much better than previous days. I got up early to work out this morning but took a nice bath instead:eek: . But I am planning on doing Push/Pull in about 45 minutes. Then I think I'll top it off with a little bit of yoga for my after-stretch.

I have the best news about my internship! I swear, God was really watching out for me on this one. I spoke to the grad student I've been working with and told her that today was going to have to be my last day...that it's just a big financial burden (I didn't complain about stress it gave me, too) for me to have to commute so much. She said it was her understanding that my time at the lab was in lieu of spending that time at the env. learning center and maybe there was some miscommunication. So I called the director of the learning center to clear things up...he's really excited about the lab work I'm doing, and how helpful it is to them out there and so on TR, on my internship days, I will be spending all day at the lab and won't have to go anywhere but home after class on MWF. And once the lab work is done, I'll continue my internship hours out at the learning center. So it's like the best of all possible circumstances!

Oh, and Kel-tell your hubby congratulations! He's really going in the right direction and you SHOULD be proud of him!

Jill - so glad to hear you are feeling better and the news about your internship!! Nothing better than those blessings from above!

Kel - I'm jealous of your husband. I've been being good since the first of the year trying to lose these few pounds I gained from my chocolate binge over the Holidays and the scale won't budge! I really think my water intake is affecting my weight too. I don't drink near as much as I used to cuz of my job. RE: Shoulderstand - I used to get terrible neck/shoulder pain in this pose until I made a slight adjustment and now it's my favorite pose and yes, you're right, it's VERY beneficial. Try this - after going into plough (and yes - it's normal for your breathing to be comprised in both plough and shoulderstand due to the angle of the throat -- and you should just do the best you can breathing and it will get easier) ....after going into plough, shimmy your shoulders around (not sure how to describe it....but sort of like when you hoist up into modified bridge pose and you prop yourself up on your arms....make sense?) ....now place your hands on your back in a good spot (only you can determine this) and slowly start lifting your legs up to the ceiling. Mine usually don't go entirely straight (but almost)...or you can modify at first and leave them pointing towards the back a bit...as it takes some weight off the rest of your body. After you get your legs up and your arms arranged under you (after shimmying) - concentrate on placing the weight of your body on your triceps....not your neck and shoulders! Works like a charm and ever since I started doing this (learned on one of my tapes), I never have issues with my neck and shoulders like I used to! Let me know if you need more clarification.

Jen - yes....the peeps at my job are psycho!

Hi ladies,

Today I went and got my hair cut and coloured... It was looonngg overdue! Now I feel human again. After that - I went to the mall and walked for an hour. I missed pilates tonight. Going out to dinner with DH tonight.... I was thinking today - that 8 years ago today - we had our first date...Unbelievable how time flies!

Lora - The environment at your new workplace sounds really unprofessional - especially for a professional environment. I am sorry for the stress that you are under.

Kel - Thanks for the review of Barbara Benaugh. It sounds like a good practice. Great new about your DH losing weight - 10 lbs in two weeks is amazing.

Jill - Glad to hear you are feeling better - and great news on your internship. You must be so happy.

Hi to Jenn, Carrie and Brighton.

Have a nice evening everyone.

Yve

Back again! Tonight's WO was S&H Triceps and PH Triceps followed by CTX 10/10/10. It was my first CTX workout and I liked it pretty well considering it was my first time through.

I found out today that I won't have any IVF appointments this week, but they did start me on birth control pills today so that they can "take over" my cycle. Everything happens on their time from now on. I have my "nurse consult" next Tuesday. So, the pace is picking up pretty quickly now.

Kel-LOL on the workout twins! I was thinking the same thing! :)

Yve-That's a lot of walking you got in today! Hope you have a nice dinner with your DH and congrats on 8 years!

Jill-That is great news about your labs! Isn't it amazing how things work out sometimes? Glad you are feeling better!

Hi to Brighton and Carrie!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.