Trying to Fit Yoga In for Wed Jan 2

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Women's Health Ultimate Fat Burn followed by Star
Trainers Strength with Violet Zaki and then since these workouts omitted chest, back and abs (pretty much), I did 3 sets of assisted pull ups/chin ups, 3 sets of pushups and leg raises off of chair for abs. Workout was 71" and I burned 463 calories.

Back to work again today. I'm already forgetting stuff I learned from being off over Christmas! Today's gonna be a long one, as we have patients scheduled all day. I'm still fighting this cold and my throat is feeling sore. I've been taking Zinc Lozenges to try and fight it.

Have a great day everyone. I won't be able to check in until late tonight when I get home from work.

Good morning ladies! I will be getting some yoga in later on this afternoon after everyone's gone and things have settled. Tomorrow I have a 9 hour drive to Nebraska and my hamstrings are getting tight just thinking about it! I will be bringing my yoga mat along with me to use at my parents, and I can use their elliptical as well. I'll be back either Sunday or Monday (depending on the weather) but may be able to check in now and then while I'm there.

Hi ladies! Sorry I haven't posted at all lately, but I am really, really sick. I tried to go to work today, but ending up leaving after 2 hours. I have been feeling really bad for quite some time now, but haven't rested at all, so my body has not had time to get better. I went to the grocery store on my way home and stocked up on chicken noodle soup, saltines, and every magazine that I was even remotely interested in reading. I got a pretty good nap this afternoon, but I've got a long way to go and will probably take tomorrow off too. Hope all of you have been doing well and are on your way to a happy and healthy New Year!

Hi to Lora, Kel and Yve! Welcome to Carrie and Jill! :) I look forward to talking with everyone soon!

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone had a great day. First day back at work today - and I kept thinking its a Monday - not a Wednesday.... soo... believe it or not - I forgot I had a pilates class this evening.. That is ok - I will do the Erin O'Brien workout tonight - and see if I like it.

I am mad at myself for eating bad yesterday - and for cooking bad today also... chicken parmesan and pasta... thankfully I made up a salad too. There is a side of me that is very superstitious in that I feel like if I start the year off on a bad foot - the whole year will mimic the first day. Well - tomorrow I had better be good - or you gals have permission to scold me for it! I am also going to send off all the sweets to DH's work... They can eat the rest of those cookies!

Lora - How was your first day back at work? Sorry you are starting to feel sick - I hope your lozenges fight it off. There has been a bad bug going around - I really hope you don't get it. I really liked Shiva's prenatal. I think she is 7 mos prego in it.. I think I would be hard pressed not to like a Shiva Rea yoga though - so I guess I am biased!

Kel - Good luck with moving. I remember when I moved in June - that was so much work. Hope it goes smoothly. Also hope you had a nice holiday.

Jill - Hope you have a safe trip to Nebraska. How nice that you are bringing your mat along. You asked the other day how far along I am - I am in the first week of 3rd trimester.. 27 weeks.

Jen - I'm sorry that you aren't well. It sounds like you have a bad flu. I was mentioning to Lora - above - that there is a terrible bug going around - those that I know who have had it were out for a good week. Sending you healing vibes to get well soon - pls rest up - and enjoy the magazines you bought.

Hi Carrie if you check in later.

Have a nice evening ladies.

Yve

Hi Yoga Ladies

My workout today was Legs/Back/Abs, per my p90x workouts. Then I added in some cardio, the cardio/weight premix off of BM2, skipping the ab. Workout was 54 mins, and I burned 362 calories. No time for the yoga-which is so nice that this check-in is called, 'Trying to Fit...'. It does feel like yoga gets pushed to the back burner. After my p90x rotation is over, I am taking a recovery week, of just yoga & cardio.

Lora--I am interested in how you liked doing p90x? I have a hate/love relationship with it. But, it is the first time I have stuck to a rotation, so I have to say it's been good for that. Did you follow the food plan?

Jill-thanks for the warm welcome. Have fun on your trip to NE! Love Nebraska! Where a bouts are your parents? How smart to bring your mat. If you go to Yoga Journals website you can put together a practice of asanas they have it all ready. Pretty cool.

Jennifer-sorry you have been sick. Ugh, sounds terrible. Drink lots of fluids and get better.

Yve--Umm, your chicken and parmesean sounds amazing. I love to cook, which can be good and bad as far as working out and eating clean goes. I have vowed to cook more low fat this year, even though it goes against good cooking principles.

Talk to you all tomorrow!

Carrie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.