Trying to Fit Yoga In for Wed Dec 6

lorajc

Cathlete
his morning I did Kelly Coffey's NYC weighted totatl body workout. She uses 8's and 5's (I think) and the back cover says it is a high rep workout, but I wanted to get a good upper body workout in - so I used anywhere from 8 pounds to 17 pound dumbbells. I kept having to grab different poundages. She didn't use weights on most of the leg moves. I used weights on a few that she didn't and next time I think I'll have to do that in a couple more spots that I noticed. This was a pretty good workout with some new innovative moves and she kept moving so quickly throughout the workout - that even me who hates pauses - had to pause the DVD periodically to grab my weights or see how to do what move she was doing (since some of them are different). I think this was excellent biceps work in this DVD. She got them in a unique style too. I liked the biceps work the most. For the leg work, my HR was elevated to 136 and 155 at one time - so I would say this is slightly aerobic in some spots. It ended with lying ab work and a few short sets of lying leg work which I'll add more weight to next time. I held a weight on my leg for it today. I added a set of Firewalkers on the end also. I burned 360 calories and it took me about 65 minutes to complete the 55 minute workout.

I also did 30 minutes of Kundalini yoga last night, but I posted about that last night.

August - Yes, I'm so curious about that Gliding DVD. I'm itchin' to purchase it. I emailed Mindy from work yesterday to ask her about the intensity level - as I only want it if it kicks butt. I'll let you know what she says. If I had more money, I'd order it now just to see what it's like and have more Gliding in my collection. Re: the MA roller. I don't know if it would be good for me or not. I also have smaller, hard, plastic, spikey, balls called Goosebumps that I lie on when I have a REALLY bad spasm (like I've been having). I don't think my problem is with things being out of place (but you never know), in my neck/shoulders, just severe trigger points and spasms throughout.

Yve - Sat Kriya is something you do in Kundalini where you kneel and sit on your feet. YOu extend your arms up over your head and clasp your hands with pointer fingers upward (like when in standing tree pose) and you repeat Sat Nam and while saying Sat, you suck in and activate the lower 3 chakras and on the Nam part, you release. It actually elevates energy up your spine. It's sort of cool to do it cuz you actually feel a bit of a tingle or warmth start moving up the spine. YOu do the Sat part sort of powerfully. I don't really know how to explain it properly. You'd have to see it being done.

Jen - Vetiver is one of a kind. Do you use Lush bath and beauty products at all? If so, Lush puts Coconut and Vetiver in their Coolaulin hair conditioner and it smells yummy. It makes the coconut sort of deep. I don't know how to describe it. If Beth uses a LARGE amount of it in a blend....it amps on my skin and smells like motor oil, but if she just puts a touch in, I can usually wear it. She uses it to deepen/darken some scents. I'll give you rec's with vetiver in them, as not everyone is like me with them. Again though, I know Sin is a good one patchouli/amber/cinnamon...I think and Ann Bonny is real woody and good. Auereus is beautiful amber blend (not sure on the spelling of that last one). Typhon is one that is currently listed in the Ressurrecteds on the site....and it would be good. Although I think those are coming down tomorrow.

Well, I best go get ready for work. Have great days ladies. I'll try to check in from work. NOt sure if I'll be around tonight....as I have a hair appt after work.

Lora- do have DVD copies of teh VHS's you sent me? So we did the same yoga last night? In the beginning when you are doing the 8 breaths, one for each Chakra, towards the end, I was starting to get a somewhat burning sensation right in the middle of my chest/sternum area. It wasn't painful. Do you ever get this? Kinda neat.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Hi Yogis!

Today was DrillMax....I *HEART* this workout!!! It is 70+ minutes of heart-pounding cardio.

LORA!!!! I came home and found PY4H waiting for me. I previewed it and it looks fabulous. I didn't realize there were so many workouts on the DVD. I can see this one getting a lot of use. I'm planning on doing the Magically Hips premix tomorrow morning. Woo hoo!

Meg: Great news on your cholesterol...you have really taken charge of your health:7

Hello to August, Karin, Jen and Yve!!

Hi ladies! I just got back from PT and my knee isn't feeling too bad. I am going to go with DH to the gym and do the stationary bike plus some other lower body stuff. I'll check in when I get back!!

Karin

I just got home from getting my hair cut. I went to someone different (a guy) but I just got very little trimmed off. I didn't know what to expect with a guy......but he was okay.

Tammy - I hope you like it. I really like Eion and I like the "off the wall" stuff he says.

Meg - Yes, I have basically the same DVDs as you have tapes. Mine are updated versions of the workouts (but basically the same per Ravi and Ana). Only he wasn't married to Ana back when the tapes were made, so there is a different person performing the exercises. I always get all different sorts of sensations when practicing Kundalini. I like the way it makes you feel from all of that breathing. It just makes me feel better some how. Did you do the lower 3 Chakra's last night? Did you do warrior, squatting in crow, and camel with breath of fire? If so, we did the same thing. I like the one they do that that was like tree bending over and stretching. That felt good.

Well - I've got to go get ready to watch GH.

Hi all! I am going to make this one quick-I am pretty tired tonight. I did Legs & Glutes for the first time and I am already feeling it-I am renaming this workout the Never Ending Butt Squeeze. I am so happy I don't own a pair of ankle weights yet!

Hope you all had a great day and great workouts! I will catch up with personals tomorrow!

Jen

HI everyone,

Tonight I did a one hour pilates class. We did lots of core work - and some of it was combined with twisted positions.

Lora - thanks for the description of Sat Kriya. Its always nerve-wracking trying a new stylist. Glad it turned out ok.

Tammy - Great news on your new 'arrival' ;) .....but whaaahhhh....I don't have mine yet! Good things are worth waiting for.

Jenn - "I am renaming this workout the Never Ending Butt Squeeze"...that is too dang funny! You crack me up!

Hello to Karin, Maeghan and August.

Have a nice evening everyone.
Yve

Lora- yes, we did the same thing. I also loved the tree bending pose. It felt so good. Every breath I went a little lower till my hands were flat on the floor. I wanted to finish it tonight, but no time left.

I worked UB, and did my own thing again! I went real heavy and it felt good. I also did coremax 1.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Hi everyone. Jeez, this was a long day. I did CC v 2 plus 10 min on my own on the stationary bike. Then I got home and did the all sport and cycling mini-yoga workouts on RY's Yoga for Athletes. This DVD is way better than his power yoga workout.

Karin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.