Trying to Fit Yoga in for Wed Dec 27

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Rebecca Small's Push & Lift 60" followed by 30" of Rebecca Small's Step 2 Success step aerobics and about 10" of abs from Tracey Staehle's Core Conditioning. I then did the Relaxing Segment of Ayurveda Yoga. Push and Lift is similar to Get Ripped and since I just got Rebecca's new step DVD - I decided to make it a Rebecca Small day. I burned 520 calories in a total of about 2 hours.

Rebecca Small is an Australian trainer who I just adore. I hope she becomes more popular over here. Her step aerobics are similar to Seasun's. The music is similar to Seasun and her teaching style is also similar. Her coreography is complex but the way she teaches makes it fairly easy to learn. I was able to get a lot of the first 30 minutes (about 4 combos) of this DVD on my first try. I did get tripped up a bit after she started adding on to the first and sencond layers of the combos. This was fun and had good music. Some of the music I recognized from Seasun's SUS. I will be using this a lot. I did have to jump a lot of my steps, etc. to get my HR up. I don't think you could use a higher step for intensity due to the complexity of the steps.

Regarding the Yoga DVD....I'm going to try a bit more of it before I say anything about it. Not sure if I like it. It was okay, but she did about 2 mintues of Shavasana between each pose (I skipped them though). Got this from Fitness ORganica.

I'll be back later.

Lora,

Yeah, me thinks your nuts about missing your old boss, but that is just me.

Interesting about the Kundali yoga that opens your mind more to intuition. Didn't know that. Do you have all the bpal chakra oils and do you use them?

So today ladies is not yoga, but Kenpo X (kickboxing). Feeling very stressed today and tired thinking of FIL moving in tomorrow. I had to make room in our workout room for 3 kennels, for his dogs. Now I have no room to workout in unless I take the kennels outside each time I workout. Maybe I need more yoga????? lol. So tomorrow is Core Sygeristics. I think I am doing Yoga again on friday. It is really putting me in a good mood while relaxing me. I am starting to really enjoy it as it challenges me too and I want to get like the pro's and put my entire hand on the floor at times. So far I can get beyond my finger tips and put half my hand on the floor so SEE already I am making progress. The back of my heels are still up when doing downward dog.

Charlotte~~

Char- I am like that too. I can't quite get the flat hand down. ALmost. I get a little further with each deep breath. I am working on the downward dog too. I have always lacked flexibility in my hams, but that move does help. If I put my heels all the way down I have to play with the position of the rest of my body. THat does make sense? LOL!! Good for you making that progress though.
I know how you feel about the lack of WO room. My CHristmas tree and all the gifts are really cutting my space down too. ARGH!

Lora- I am also curious about the chakra oils and if so, how do you use them?

I hope to do B&G later.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

The only Chakra oil I have is Manipura (heart center?) I can't remember why I decided on that one....but I've never actually worn it. I probably should try it. It's sort of cardamom smelling. I don't usually buy the ones without notes listed......just my personal thing.

I can't wait to get my Wolf Moon and Lyacon. I haven't heard anything.

Charlotte -Yes, in Kundalini yoga - you work on your 3rd eye chakra - intuition and your aura. It's actually quite interesting how all of the chakras relate to a specific internal organ and then also a corresponding part of your body, i.e, I have horrid sinus problems (as you know). I'm thinking my liver is a bit damaged due to excessive Tylenol use and I'm also on some other meds that can be hard on the liver. When I conversed with Ravi & Ana to ask what would be good for my sinuses (without her knowing that I take a lot of Tylenol), she told me that the sinuses relate directly to your liver! Makes sense to me!! So I try to do the Toxic Cleanse DVD for the liver cleansing. It's a lot of weird breathing and twisting with fast arm movements. Look like a freak when you do it...but it's very cleansing (so they say).

I go for a 2nd interview tomorrow at 9:00 am with BOTH of the Attorneys. I'm a freakin' nervous wreck. The first thought that came to my head is that I need to go do some step aerobics NOW, but if I do....I'll never sleep tonight. I'm having a hard enough time sleeping without the added stress of being nervous about an interview. I wish I wasn't such a nervous person. And then there's the fact that my eyes pour water and I look like a freak cuz of it!! I hope the 2nd attorney is as easy to get along with as the first one. The Office Manager told me that one is hyper and one is laid back. I think I already met the laid back one. Ugh.....I hate this crap.....and then I'm nervous about if I get the job and have to tell Gina.........I'm afraid she'll go off on me!!!

Cuz I'm nervous - I want to shop!! Ugh....hate when I get like this. I just ate and I'm starvin' .....Stress does weird things to me.

Hi All!

This morning I did Cardio Coach #6 (Candace's version). Again, no time for yoga....:(:(:( It looks as if yoga will have to wait for the weekend.

Lora: Good Luck with your interview tomorrow and try to stay calm!

Charlotte: I got hooked on yoga because I am so competitive with myself and I won't give up until I can do some of those awesome poses....LOL! Good luck w/ your FIL and all his stuff...I can't even imagine:eek: :eek:

Meg: B&G has become my favorite LB workout.

Hello to all that follow:7

I just did the most amazing Yin Yoga segment.

If you hold stress in your body - you NEED this DVD.

Here's what I typed on VF about this DVD.

Oh my .....I'm so stressed out cuz I've just been bumped out of my job (3 weeks ago) and I'm going on a 2nd interview for a job at a Law Firm tomorrow. I rec'd the 2 new J. Kries DVDs a few days ago and have not even had a chance to preview them. The man upstairs must have been looking out for me tonight, as I picked one up and chose a section that was unbelieveable. It was 30 minutes long and called Waking Energy Sitting under the Yin (Cool section). I don't even know how to explain it but you create all of this energy (chi) in your body and massage from your head down and tap on different parts of your body to get your lymph moving, etc. Jennifer explains each movement and the benefit and I never realized half of the stuff I learned. I didn't know your ears are connected to all of your inner organs and we pinched and massaged them, as well as tapped our pituitary glands, etc. This was simply the most wonderful feeling evening session!!! I never have seen anything like it!! I suffer from cervical disc problems and have severe spasms in the back of my head (occiput), traps, sides of neck, etc...and you work on all of that .......as well as all kinds of other places i didn't even realize I held stress in that we worked out. WOW! This is definitely worth every cent just for the one section!! Can't wait to do more.

The kicker is that the section that came on right after this looks just as good as the one I just did but with more stretching movements. This is phenomenonal and I can see myself getting addicting to this part of the DVD and possibly making time for it nightly. I have disc problems and suffer from horrible neck/shoulder pain. I even bought Yoga in the Garden of Serenity to try to help and it didn't feel as good as what I just did.
[Edit/Delete Message]

I didn't want to do a WO with heavy breathing and such, but I couldn't do nothing. So I did B&G floor work and ab premix. I then did Rainbeau's Yoga for Beauty Dusk, bonus WO, then Kundalini Yoga For Beginners and Beyond (Ravi and Ana) relaxation, meditation, and prayer pose.

Lora- I so want that one. I like Jennifer Kries. I have one of her target toning WO's. Where did you buy it?

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Hi all! To catch up, tonight's workout was supposed to be CTX Step Intervals only, but say it with me now...I DON'T HAVE THAT ONE...so I subbed Step Reebok the original step workout. It always amazes me how much I can sweat to that one despite how basic the choreography is. Yesterday's WO was supposed to be MIS, but I had to sub Rachel McLish's Shape Your Body. That's an old one from 1995 but it is still so good. She does a lot of the same exercises as Cathe, but she uses a greater range of motion on quite a few of the exercises which makes them feel pretty different-particularly on deadlifts for legs and all the shoulder exercises. She is a former Ms. Olympia and does some posing to music before and after the workout. It sounds cheesy but she looks really amazing and of course, she looks very natural doing all that...just like Shiva looks so natural doing all that Yoga Trance stuff! I am trying to think of what I look natural doing...I think it's sitting here and typing. :D

Lora-I think you have almost sold me on a rebounder! Are some better than others or are they all about the same? I have seen Erich's "large undies"-LOL! :) :) HIs body type is not the "usual" yoga figure but it really seems to work for him and he seems to be in great shape! I think his is not one specific discipline but a blend. On that note, here is an interesting excerpt from an interview Sara Ivanhoe did with him. She asks-"Over the last several years, as yoga has grown in popularity, teachers have been branding their styles of yoga and giving them names. Can you tell me about the style of yoga that you are teaching and why you haven't given it a branded name?" He responds "It's like this: The only person doing Iyengar yoga really, is Iyengar. The only person doing Bikram yoga is Bikram. I felt like if anyone were really getting it, they would be doing their own yoga. Like you should be doing Ivanhoe yoga. I didn't want to call it Schiffman yoga because then it would be like people were doing my yoga, my style-and I think that they should be doing their own style, riding their own wave. If you are doing somebody else's yoga, it's mechanical: if you do your own, it's authentic. You can't know in advance how that is going to look. Each person is tapping into the same source, but it manifests differently for everyone. The trick is to listen for guidance and dare to do it." How beautifully said! :) He sounds very cool! Your interview sounded like it went well! Hope everything goes well tomorrow with the second interview. My eyes water too when I get nervous. Horrible thing for an HR person-it always looks like I am crying at the wrong times! I still have the Kundalinis I had previewed (Gurmukh & Mantra Girl) all those weeks ago and will actually get around to doing them next week. I'll let you know if I get any good insights. Meant to ask you-what's the deal with the fuzzy white carpets in the Kundalini videos?

Karin-I am tired from typing to Lora, so goodnight. Just kidding! I got DH a gift card to Abbadabba's shoes. It is so hard to find good, comfortable shoes for his size 13 gunboats. It don't have a favorite scent from B & B Works but a friend recommended something from the aromatherapy collection-vanilla and something fruity-I don't know..sorry if I don't sound that enthused about it-DH regifted that gift card to me that he got at an office party so I am not that excited about it. I LOVE the gingerbread latte at Starbucks. I really like the pumpkin spice one at Halloween, too. Me likes spicy! :9 I totally understand about the WO capris-they're my favorite WO gear, too for exactly the reasons you listed. I have too many that are all cotton though-PU (stinky) x(! I need something that wicks away the sweat better....how's that for too much information!?! Is your disposal fixed yet? DH would DIE if ours went out. I swear he treats it like it's some kind of indoor power tool or something. :eek: It's funny to watch him try to shread the most ridiculous items in there and then wonder why it doesn't work so well anymore.

Tammy-Vanilla Soy Latte at Starbucks-are you lactose intolerent or just trying to be healthier? For some reason, I can't get past the taste of soy milk, but maybe I would like it better if it was disguised as a latte-LOL :9 Sorry about your Fluid Power yoga troubles. I have no doubt you'll get the hang if it. Maybe you should break it down in to smaller pieces until you get the flow of it-almost like you would treat a new step workout or something. Hope it works out for you-I am considering buying it, but I will not purchase it until you are able to give it the thumbs up!

Char-So sorry about the FIL stress. Taking the kennels out each time you workout? Seriously?!? I think at that point, most of us would probably say "screw it" but I know that's probably not you...you Hardcores are Hardcore after all and have to get your workouts in or it makes you a little crazy!! :) Hope it goes smoother than you imagine. So awesome about your yoga progress! Your dogs will be down in no time! Keep up the good work! :)

Megadoo-I want an IPOD so bad!!! DH says he won't get me one...thinks I listen to my Cathe WOs too loud as it is. Says one of us needs to be able to hear when we are older! I am too stubborn to get my own, but will probably break down and get one eventually. How are your fire fingers doing? Sounds so painful! You sure do B & G alot these days...must be an excellent WO. It's the only one of the newbies that I haven't gotten to yet. Do you like it better as the complete workout or do you have a favorite premix? Glad you/DH/boys had a great Christmas......too funny about the Star Wars and Obi Wan...cracked me up! :) BTW, I have been neglecting my Picture Trail project, but I haven't totally forgotten about it. Will make it available sometime in the coming month or so.

Hi Yve and Julie-Miss you guys!

My Cathe workouts and calendar will be here tomorrow! Can't wait! :) I am almost finished reading YOU on a diet (not really a diet book-emphasizes lifestyle changes). The book is pretty good, just seems like they are trying too hard to be funny in some places but otherwise, it's good, commonsense stuff. I have already tried one example on sweeteners...Agave Nectar. It is supposed to be better for you than some of the other sweeteners since it's natural and has a lower glycemic index. I tried it in my green tea latte (fat free milk) tonight and it blended very well and tasted good. I also tried almond butter for the first time tonight (had to get the one sweetened with honey, though) and it was really, really good-better than peanut butter, I think. Had it on a slice of whole wheat toast as a preworkout snack. If anyone's interested, I'll share more tidbits as I test them out. If I only get one tip that helps me in the eating department, it will be worth it.

Hope you all have a great night!

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.