Trying to Fit Yoga in for Wed Dec 12

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Patrick Goudeau's Hard Work Conditioning. I paused the DVD and added a couple sets of various exercises cuz I don't think I went heavy enough on a couple of exercises. It's hard to gauge this in his workouts, as I know I have to go lighter because of the different spin he puts on moves and the way he brings the core into the move...so I just need to practice getting the weights right. Workout was 70" and I burned 532 calories. (I'm really enjoying Patrick. He works the heck out of your legs and I think he's especially beneficial to us ladies that tend to store our fat from the waist down because of the way he works the legs. I actually think I saw slight results in my legs after doing his DVDs for a week and a half. He even states that he throws a lot of lower body in his DVDs cuz he knows us ladies need extra work in that area.....how kind of him! LOL).

Speaking of Patrick - I bought a couple of his (so called easier) Step workouts from the DDD sale recently and just rec'd Step My Way yesterday. I was previewing it last night. Yikes......this is an easier one? He sure turns a lot!! It looks fun...but I don't know if I'll ever get all of it. I may have to wait until my brain isn't so overloaded from the new job. I'm really liking him as an instructor. Anyone else here ever try anything by him? (jen - I know you tried him, but Kitchen Sink was the least fave of his IMO - I liked Body by Design the best.......so if you're ever in the mood to try Patrick - I'd rent that one).

Quaker oats came out with this new hot cereal that has oats, barley, etc and pecans. It's pretty low in sugar and tastes okay. I'm eating a double serving this morning cuz I'll be working the front desk today ...which means I won't get to eat anything for at least 6 hours or so. I'm really slow with the front desk part of my job, as they only had me up there for a couple of hours on a couple of days. I've been practicing posting check payments, write offs, and calling on insurance problems mostly since I've been there. This week I'm going to start to do more front desk and start to take "new patient" phone calls ..........which requires filling in 9 million screens on the computer......so I guess I'll be slow at that too.

Jen - I guess I did get a bit sore in some places from that Jari workout. It's just too much hassle to decorate when working full time, etc. It seems like by the time you get everything up, it's time to take it down.
Hi Kel and Yve !

Hi ladies,

Hope all is well with you.

Have had a bad couple of days. Started spotting yesterday - and went to the doctor, who then sent me to the hospital to be examined.
The good news is that the blood was old blood and was not really bleeding - but the down side is that it ends up that I have a soft cervix - putting me at risk for early delivery. I have to go back today and spend the day - have 2 ultrasounds and to be assessed with respect to what I need to do going forward. I have a feeling that they are going to say that I need to take it super easy - which is already making me restless. Anyhow - I will keep you posted. Bye for now.

Yve

Hi ladies! No WO for me again! x( It's not the motivation this time...it's the job getting in the way! I have been working such long days. UGH! OK, vent over. I am really nervous about work tomorrow. I have to go out to Kaiser Permanente and meet their Provider Relations representative to deliver a gift basket. It's not like I am going out there to confront them with any billing issues or anything....but I am just really shy, so meeting new people and making small talk is not my forte. I will have to find a way to learn to like this, since it's a part of what I do now.

Lora-I have the new Quaker hot cereal and like it a lot. I add a scoop of Lean Dessert Fresh Cinnamon Roll protein powder-heaven! There is one flavor of the multigrain cereal I like more than the others. (I think there are only 3 varieties at the store where I shop.) One is cinnamon apple, one is pecan and brown sugar and I can't remember the third one and it's the best IMHO. Oh well.

Yve-Oh my gosh! I was holding my breath while reading your post. I am so glad you and the baby are okay! Good luck with your ultrasounds and keep us posted. If they think you may deliver early, how early are we talking? That will be really tough (mentally and physically) if they start to put you on restricted activity, but you WILL make it and it will all be worth it!

Have a great night everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.