Trying to Fit Yoga in For Tuesday Sept 18

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did my Jillian Backside book circuit. Unbelievably, I was feeling very strong this morning and had a great workout. Clocked my HR in at 170 on the rebounder doing super fast running/football drills after high knees and increased all of my weights. I only added 5 pounds to the Russian Twists for abs cuz we increased our rep count to 25 and I could have gone higher. I didn't use weights for the bicycles cuz we did 100 in the circuit. I probably could have used light ankle weights though. Since you only do the circuits twice thru in this week, I'm kicking butt on these. Now I'm finding myself wanting to glance at Jillian's other book, Making the Cut, to see about doing a future rotation out of it soon. Maybe Jillian plans it this way on purpose! Workout was 54" (I cut my cardio bursts down to 1.5 minutes from 2) and I burned 340 calories.

Yve - the Peaceful Yoga DVD I just bought is not an Anusara. I'm not sure what to expect. However, the other one Yoga to the Rescue with Desiree Rumbugh is an Anusara practice (I think). The back says she is an Anusara teacher. It was different than traditional yoga. That was from Acacia productions also, but I bought mine cheaper on Amazon.com. I'm glad you found a studio in your new neighborhood. I remember how much you loved your old studio.

Christine - Which Eion do you have on back order? Did you ever have any from him before? He's a trip. I love him! He has a new one coming out any day now.....Yoga For Happiness Surf Edition. I can't wait! He's the best (at least in my opinion).

Have a great day ladies.

Hi Ladies!

This morning it will be Yogilates level 3 (advanced). I like the level 2, so this should be good (I have my fingers crossed)

Lora - I have Eion's Yoga for Happiness original on back order. I've heard such wonderful things about him. I'm looking forward to getting the DVD! Good job on the Jillian! Sounds very tough! What is your favorite form of yoga?

Good afternoon! Getting here a little late again today but... better late than never, right?;-)

This morning, I "had a blast" with Step Blast.;-):p I hadn't done that one in awhile so I really enjoyed it. My DH has a meeting tonight so I was planning to fit in some yoga but I may do my leg workout for tomorrow & then see if I still have time for some yoga after. That way, I can do some cardio & work upper body again tomorrow. So tonight, I plan to do L&G, followed by one of Sara Ivanhoe's 20 Minute Makeover Yogas. I also need to stop & have the oil changed in my car so I'll try to check back in later & let y'all know how it goes.

Lora - Great job on your workout! Sounds like you're doing great with this rotation. How's the foot?

Christine - So what did you think of Yogilates Level 3? I've never done any of the workouts in that series. I really need to increase my library of yoga DVDs so I'm always looking for more options. Like I may have said before, I plan to do a nice, solid yoga routine every Friday once I get the new Cathe series so I need to stock up soon.

Yve - Did you try out that new yoga studio? I hope you like it & I hope you get a chance to check in later today too.

Jen - Hope you have a great day at work & time to do a workout. I hope you have a chance to check in later too.

Well, better go for now. Still lots to do here so I better get to it. Hope everyone has a great day!:)

Goodafternoon ladies,

Hope you are having a nice day.

Today I went for a 1 hour power walk - and came back and did Yogatopia.

Lora - That was one heck of a workout this morning. The drills on the rebounder sound killer. I am going to do a bit of reading on the dvds you mentioned.. It has been a while since I've been on the site. How did your day at work go? Any news as about the expansion?

Christine - I hope you get the Power Yoga for Happiness soon... It is an amazing dvd. Lovely setting too. You know - It's funny. I've been doing pilates for about 5 years now - and yoga for 2... I've never done a yogalates.. What sort of routines are involved?

Kel - Glad you 'had a blast'.... This is my favourite Cathe step.. maybe I will do it this week also. I tried the new studio yesterday - and liked the instructor. The setting isn't the best - as it is in a commercial spot - and the floors - though carpetted... are quite hard...The studios that I used to attend had hardwood floors. I will have to either get a thicker mat - or use 2. I think that I will continue to go - as I really like the live classes.

Jen - How was your day? How is Lenny? Hope you had a good workout.

Have a nice evening ladies.

Yve

Hi ladies! Sorry I am posting late again with no time for personals...I am off on Friday so I will catch up on them soon. Tonight's WO was PUB. I did get DOMS from PLB yesterday, so I made sure to just do something upper body today. I went heavier than Cathe on this one too, except for biceps..I matched her but couldn't complete all the reps....she is just soooo strong there-heck, all of them are!

Have a great night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.