Trying to Fit Yoga In for Tuesday April 29

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I overslept a bit. I've been really depressed this week and not wanting to get out of bed. Hopefully, it's just PMS making my depression worse. I did Sharon's CIA - Athletic Step Jam. Workout was 53" and I burned 503 calories. I enjoyed this a lot more than the first time I did it. The music is good and I started to catch on a bit easier. Will probably be able to work it harder once I learn it though.

Kel - I posted about KB workouts on yesterdays thread last night.

Have a great day everyone.

Hi Ladies,

Checking in to say hello. Haven't worked out as of yet other than some long walks. I have my 6 week physical next Monday - and cant wait to start back. Have been quite busy with baby - and haven't had much time for catching up on the computer.

Lora - Am sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope that it is a case of the pms blues - good for you for managing to get such an amazing workout in.

Jen - I am absolutely thrilled for you - so much so that there are tears in my eyes!!! Congratulations!! Keeping my fingers crossed that your levels will continue to double - and sending some sticky embryo vibes to you. Your news has just made my day.

Kel - So nice that you bought yourself a new treat (kettlebells). How are you feeling today?

Have a great day ladies.

Yve

Good afternoon -

This morning, I did nothing because I fell asleep & forgot to set my alarm last night. My DH had a conference call with a somebody from Vegas at 11:30 & I tried to stay up with him but I didn't make it. I am sore from my kettlebell worktout yesterday, though, so that's good (I guess? LOL). I may try to do a little cardio tonight if time permits but since I'm so tired, I may just skip it & take a rest day.

Lora - Thanks for all that kettlebell information you gave me yesterday. I couldn't remember which DVD you said you liked the best so I wanted to make sure. Yes, I got the Sarah Lurie DVDs & they do contain some instruction, which I used when I practiced a bit on Sunday night, but the main workouts are circuit-style & continue to instert swings to get your heart rate up & keep you working. During the first circuit, I was wondering if I was going to get a good workout but by the time I started the second, I had worked up a pretty good sweat. They are probably not advanced but I like them & I needed something to start out with. The video quality is not the best & she's not overly motivating but for the price, in comparison to all the others out there, I would recommend them. I will definitely look into the others that you suggested, though. I will need more than 2 for sure! Do you have the Goddess one? If so, what do you think of it? Good workout this morning & glad you're starting to like your new CIA's better now. How is Brookie & how are things at work now?

Yve - Hey girl, so good to see you! I cannot believe that six weeks has gone by already. For goodness sakes, it seems like the time is flying. I'm looking forward to hearing what you plan to do once you start working out again. I'm feeling pretty good, thanks for asking, & I really enjoyed "playing" with my kettlebells yesterday. I'm sure you're unbelievably busy but I hope to see you around more soon.

Jen - Good workout last night. Just listen to your body & do what you feel is right. If you want to go for a walk, that's great, or if you'd rather do some yoga, that's great too. This is an exciting & important time in your life & I'm very happy for you. I hope you will cherish every moment. Yes, I blame Lora for my kettlebell purchase - LOL - but I can already see (feel!) how differently they work your body & I expect to get some good results from them too. I don't know if you saw one of my latest posts about being diagnosed with early menopause but that's what's going on with me right now. Other than that, I'm feeling really good. Thanks for asking.

Better go as I still have 2 projects to complete before the end of the day. I hope everyone has a great Tuesday. Take care!

Kel - re: Kettlebell DVDs...none of the instructors are particularly fun or anything special (except Anthony Delugio from AOS workouts Providence, Newport & FirePower is easy on the eyes!!). I bought those 2 Sarah Luries with my first KB purchase and I find them EXTREMELY easy. Other DVDs (especially AOS) have you doing a lot longer sets of swings, etc.

My fave's are the Extreme Cardio Kettlebell workout with Keith Weber from www.DragonDoor.com and then the AOS ones next, mainly AOS - Providence and Newport for a Killer workout. I also like the Power Circuit one with Dave Whitley that I mentioned yesterday. I have Goddess and have only done it once. It doesn't have any music which is good...cuz you can jam your own. The instructor is SUPER serious ....so much that she sort of gets on my nerves. It is structured well with lots of options for putting together different routines....but I favor the other ones first, but still recommend Goddess for the options! Someone just posted a killer thread over at VF asking for KB pro's to post their own non-DVD workouts and there are a couple good suggestions I might try one of those soon.

I hope this helped and I didn't confuse you more. Did you see the links to threads I gave you re: KB's. Also, Ryan Shanahan has a good KB workout out...but he uses 2 bells at once sometimes which creates a problem. I either use my 15 in 1 hand and 20 in the other hand and then switch to make it even or I do all my reps on one arm and then pause the DVD and do the other arm. Just an idea. Can't remember where I got the Shanahan ones but you can find the info on the VF links I provided.

Save your money for AMy Bento's 2 upcoming KB workouts too!!!

Work sucks...big time...but at least I have a paycheck and I'm grateful for that right now.

Brookie has to go to the Vet on SAturday for her shot for that deadly disease that's going around. It's going to be traumatic since she freaks so badly being caged and since we had such a fiasco trying to cage her last time. I'm hoping we can catch her and cage her! She's a freakin Terrorist. She won't quit licking the surgical site and it's pretty red....but I think that's normal......probably cuz it's itching and healing.

Better go get my makeup off so I can eat dinner and relax.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.