Trying to Fit Yoga in for Tues March 15

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies-

This morning I did Imax 2 followed by Ravi & Ana's Yoga Beauty Body 45". Cardio was 59 minutes and I burned 411 calories. Couldn't push my HR to the max during the intervals, as my asthma is flaring a bit and I was in a pre-wheeze. I think my sinuses are feeding my asthma. It's a vicious cycle. It's humid here today also.

I hope I have time to do a Classical Stretch later (didn't have time last night), as I'm feeling stiff. I couldn't even get my legs all the way to the floor (at first) in Plough pose, as my shoulders are so tight. I haven't had time to do my neck/shoulder stretches for the last 3 days due to everything that's going on. Must try to get those in today.

Have a great day ladies. I'm going to get my hair cut, run errands and then hopefully get my Mom transfered to her facility for rehab.

Jen - are you feeling better today? Do you have an upper respiratory thing or stomach flu?

Hi Kel...............and Yve - where are you?

Good morning!

Guess what?!? I finally remembered to bring my yoga mat to work! Unfortunately, I forgot a tight shirt & the blouse I'm wearing is pretty loose so I think I'll just do some standing stretches that don't involve any bending (or flashing, in my case - lol!) & then move on to some nice floor work & hip openers. I also brought some of my printed routines but I couldn't find the magazine that contains my favorite one. I hope my DH didn't get rid of it! In any case, I think I should be able to fit in a nice 30 or 40 minute routine before I go down to the lunchroom & eat. I'll let you know how it goes & what I did after lunch...

Lora - Sounds like we're on a similar rotation, at least for this week anyway. This morning, I did IMAX 3 for the second time since I've owned it & I liked it a whole lot more than the first time. Your workouts always amaze me... especially since you also deal with asthma. I have severe allergies that gives me fits but my prescription meds usually fix me right up. I hope your mom is doing better & I hope you have time to fit in your classical stretch later too.

Jen - I hope you're feeling better today. Do you think you might be dealing with allergies or is it something else? I had a terrible bout with my allergies earlier in the year & developed bronchitis but got better fairly quickly once I started taking my medicine. I don't think I would have been able to resist brownies if they were staring me in the face all day either... & your Chocolate Passion Bowl sounds yummy too. Glad it was a hit with the kids!

Speaking of resisting temptation, I ended up going out to lunch with my DH yesterday (because I forgot my healthy lunch & left it sitting on the kitchen counter at home) & we ended up going to a pizza buffet. Although I started with a big, healthy salad, I still think I ate too much pizza. Oh well. Today's a new day. Right?

Well, I better get back at it. I hope everyone has a great Tuesday & like I said above, I'll check back in to tell you ladies what kind of practice I end up doing during lunch.

Kel

Good afternoon ladies!

My lunchtime yoga routine went something like this. First, I started with modified/half sun salutations & then moved into wide legged forward bend, moving & static warrior, triangle, & extended triangle. After that, I went into cosmic dancer, tree pose, eagle & chair pose. Next, I slowly moved down to the floor using a series of lunges, twisting lunges, & gate pose before beginning cat/cow, staff pose, cobra, down dog (this could have been a flashing problem with my loose shirt but by then, I was sure nobody was around), & child's pose. After relaxing in child's pose for a few breaths, I proceeded to modified boat, full boat, rolling like a ball (I guess this is actually a pilates move but it makes for a nice transition in yoga too), lying spinal twist, & bridge. Then I moved on to bound angle, seated wide angle, a couple of different one legged seated angle poses, & seated spinal twist. Before moving onto my finishing pose, I did a modified pigeon pose to further help open my hips. I finished my practice with one-legged seated forward bend, half lord of the fishes, full seated forward bend, modified half lord of the fishes, lying spinal twist again, & finally corpse pose.

All in all, it was a nice practice that ended up taking around 35 minutes. It's been so long since I've practiced, I think it will take a few times to find my flow & develop a sequence I enjoy doing at work in less than 40 minutes. I still need to have time to eat when I finish so I don't want it to last any longer than that. I definitely plan to do this 3-5 times a week & I'm so glad to finally start fitting my yoga in again. I would still like to take in a class or pop in a DVD in the evenings from time to time but at least this will help with my practice until I find the time to do it in the evenings or until I decide to use one of my morning exercise sessions solely for yoga.

I hope you ladies are having a nice day & I hope to see you back here later!

Take care!

Kel

Just got home and ate dinner. Been gone all day running around and with my Mom. Hate to eat this late.

Thanks for all of the well wishes for Mom. She's in the rehab place, but it's a Nursing Home as well and it's very depressing. She doesn't fit in at all! I hope she's not there long.

Believe it or not I'm tired -- get out the history books!! LOL! Just hope I can sleep when I go to bed. I have to go watch GH. No time for stretch tonight.

Hi ladies! Back to the grind. Worked late as usual. I did not feel like working out but knew I needed it so I did Kathy Kaehler's Target and Tone but I used heavier weights than I have ever used before when doing this workout. Target and Tone is my go-to workout when I need to get back in the swing of things without doing something the likes of...well...IMAXES :).....Good going on that ladies! I am feeling physically better today, but mentally I am still worn out. I got back on the good eatin' bandwagon today-thank goodness.

Lora-I know how those rehab places can be. They sent my grandmother to a place like that after her stroke. My family did not like to visit there. I hope she gets out of there soon! I am sure you are right, she doesn't belong there in terms of fitting in. Hope you got some time to relax during your haircut! :) I do have allergies from time to time but nothing close to the scale of what you deal with. Sorry to hear about your asthma flare-up-how does the humidity affect it? It must be a delicate balance to try to push hard enough to get a good workout in, but not so hard that it brings on an attack. Is your asthma impacted by stress, as well? You've got a lot going on right now.

Kel-Wow, it sounds like you had a great yoga practice today in addition to your IMAX workout! A couple of my co-workers and I used to stay after work and do an hour of yoga most days of the week. It was so nice to miss all of the traffic and have the benefit of relaxation all the way home. One of them got injured (with a personal trainer/other exercise) and the other two of us became interested in other forms of exercise and our little group kinda' went our separate ways. RE: IMAX 3-I have only done IMAX 3 one time, so it's encouraging to know it gets better. I love the music in that one.

Have a great night everyone! I promise not to bring brownies up again-unless you ask! :) :)

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.