Trying To Fit Yoga In for Tues Jan 8

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

his morning my rotation called for Interval X+ and Abs & Core+. I only had time to do 10" of the Abs/core, as I ran out of time. This only got my HR up to 153 (not that high) but I think it really worked my legs (now I understand why there is not much leg work included....as mine are sore). Workout was 61" and I burned 566 calories. That core workout keeps your HR elevated. That's one reason I like the total body and core DVDS......you burn some calories with them even though it's weight work.

I think I'll probably go back and forth between the Lean and Classic rotations. Not sure how long I'll last, as I'm getting bored already!! LOL.

Did everyone see the announcement that Tracey's surprise workout is a treadmill (i think walking) workout. I'm debating getting it. It's up for presale now for $14.99.

Jill - it's nice that your DD does yoga with you! How old is she?

Have a great day everyone.

Good Morning-

Today's workout is YogaX. So love this workout, and I really need a good stretch, and this is the workout for that. I did so much addl cardio last week because I wasn't working, now that I am back I am having a hard time adding in 'doubles'. I am just going to have to watch my eating instead, and save the cardio for weekends untill this rotation is over.

Lora-sorry about your job stress.Work just flat out sucks, that's all I can say. I work part time, and stay home with my 9mth old. It still sucks, even just part time! So, you are liking the new p90x? How long is the new abs+? Do you think it's better than abripper x?

Have great workout everyone!

Carrie

Lora, she will be 9 in March. She is just getting into it, as I feel she really needs some good stretching...she is so inflexible! She got Bendigirl Yoga from her aunt&uncle for Christmas and did that a few days after getting it. That same evening I was doing Power Yoga Total Body and she did the last 1/3 or 1/2 of that with me! She was really sore the next day. This time we did a much more gentle yoga and I think it went well. Candlelight Yoga is something like 40 minutes long. I'd like a shorter, yet still thorough, gentle yoga video so if anyone has a suggestion for me I'm all ears :)

By the way, I got P90X a little while back but because my workouts had been so sporadic I haven't done it yet. I am planning on doing my first P90X rotation either at the beginning of February or the beginning of March, depending on how ready I feel at the end of the month. I am planning on doing the lean rotation, I think.

Good afternoon everyone -

Well, we finally got our corporate office moved but everything is still is such disarray. There are still construction workers here & some of the employees still don't even have any furniture yet. I'm extremely disappointed & quite disgusted with my new work area. I can't call is a cubicle since there isn't even a soft wall between me & the guy next to me now. Plus, since I'm right out in the open now (the area I share with 2 other people doesn't even have a door), I feel like I should be extra cautious when posting. It's so frustrating. I've been here 15 years & I honestly feel like I've had a demotion in a way, even though I really haven't. Oh well, enough of my complaining for now. Thanks for listening anyway.

This week, I started back on Cathe's 4DS. Yesterday, I woke up at 4:30 & couldn't get back to sleep (I've been really upset over this new office thing) so I did the 4DS Kickboxing workout, adding the KM Blast Challenge, then I did the 4DS Legs, adding the Calves section from LIS in order to make it a full leg day, & finished up with the abs & stretch from the KB. This morning, I did the 4DS Bootcamp plus Biceps & Triceps. Last time I did this rotation, alternating with BBC, I could really see some awesome gains & improvements so I'm hoping for the same results this time around too. Another reason I love doing a 4 day split is that I always have time to fit in a nice long yoga practice on Friday.

Lora - Great workout this morning. How are you liking the X+? I never bought the original P90X because the workouts are all so long & the weekly workout schedule includes 6 days, which is impossible for me to fit in right now. But since these new workouts aren't as long, I was thinking about getting them so I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of that. I'm sorry you've been stressed at work. I hope you start to settle in & start to like it better soon.

Carrie - Good luck with your last few weeks on P90X & I hope you enjoy Yoga X. Are you planning to purchase the new X+ series too?

Jill - I also think it's great that your DD does yoga with you. I'm sure Lora will have some great shorter & gentle yoga suggestions for you but I like Yoga Journal's Yoga Step By Step Session 2 Bending & Twisting for Flexibility (it's only 20 minutes long & I always feel very relaxed & stretched out when I finish) & Yoga Journal's Yoga for Stress Relief (it has 2-35 minutes routines, one for combatting stress & one for relieving it at the end of the day). I would also recommend Shiva Rea's Yoga Shakti because you can create your own practice depending on what you feel like doing that day.

Yve - Glad you're still fitting in some prenatal yoga & pilates. How far along are you now?

Jen - Hope you're doing well & hope you have a chance to stop by & chat later.

Well, I wrote way more than I intended. It's going to be really difficult to keep my posts short but I'll have to try & do better. Hopefully, my work situation will improve after the three of us have had a chance to voice our complaints & ask that some changes be made in our setup. Until then, I plan (hope) to keep my mouth shut & just hang in there. Since the construction isn't even really finished yet, I don't really think now it the time to rock the boat.

I'll do my best to check in when I can, though. I've missed chatting with everyone here. This forum & the people here are the greatest!

Finally home from work......but I've got a ton of stuff around here to do now...........still not use this working full time stuff!

Jill - I think your daughter would like Rainbeau Mars' stuff. It's available at www.CDuniverse.com and Amazon. It's all beginnerish and shorter. I like Pure Sweat, Pure Tranquility (which is more restorative) and Yoga for Beauty series the most! Rainbeau is like a modern day hippy....and she's young....so I think your daughter would think she is cool and Rainbeau has a good message about loving yourself, body...etc. The music is good on them also. I also think she might like Shiva. I would get Yoga Shakti cuz of the programming options. There's a LOT on that DVD pose wise, breathtaking scenery and great music. Shiva is another hippy type (I think her parents were hippies....probably Rainbeau's also....with a name like Rainbeau). I'm sorry that I don't actually know of any yoga DVDs just for kids....but you can always check out Collage's specialty section and see if they make some....however, I think a 9 year old (in today's world..........meaning she's probably 9 going on 18!!) would connect with the above instructors I mentioned.

Carrie - thanks for the comments about the job. Not sure if I should share this info....but I'm not ashamed of it. Everyone else knows anyway.....but I'm a recovering drug addict. I have been clean for 20 years. Anyway, long ago -- in my previous life, I think I killed an awful lot of brain cells from the years of self-abuse.....and now that I'm getting older....(48) the brain just isn't what it used to be with learning new jobs. I struggle with math also (always have....not old age related) and this job has a fair amount of number work. I just hope I don't fail....as I think it would crush me at this point in my life. As far as X+, I like it so far. I love goofy Tony and he does have a LOT of new and unique moves. My DH makes fun of me cuz I never thought Ab Ripper X was hard. I used to add ankle weights and dumbbells and he struggles thru it! I like this new one cuz it involves hanging moves, standing moves, and lying moves and some weighted moves. After a few more times, I'll probably add ankle weights, etc. I like it a lot cuz it gets your HR up and I'm a calorie burn freak since I need to lose weight! Ab Ripper X was mostly lying moves from what I remember and it didn't increase my HR. I also love the Total Body X+ cuz it get's the HR up there also.

Better go get bottles ready to make perfume samples so I can make some extra money!

Jill - one last Yoga suggestion - (not so much for the instructor but for the length and variety) Namaste yoga. Do you get Fit TV? I don't, but they are on Fit TV or you can buy the DVD series at www.namaste.tv

I have both seasons on DVD. They are really nice to do prior to bed.

You also might want to research Classical Stretch.....it's not yoga....but it's stretching and tai chi like movements combined with some butt/thigh/arm toning. There are some threads on the OD forum as well. Miranda (the instructor is a former ballerina) www.classicalstretch.com.

Got your PM....but it's getting late...so I'll respond tomorrow......as long as I don't forget! My short term memory really REAlLY stinks!

Kel - I think you would really like P90 Masters and P90X+ if you want shorter workouts. I also don't think you'd find P90X too long once you tried them. I always got done in an hour and 10 minutes when I had to add Ab Ripper X on. P90 Masters is just slightly easier than the
X and they are shorter, but when I wanted longer workouts, I just added segments on. They have really long wonderful stretches too!! There is a plyo legs one, total body one, Upper/Lower/Middle and Interval Cardio. I think the new X+ and Masters would make a good group of DVDs for you. Check them out on BB!

Hi ladies! Posting real quick again. I finally am feeling slightly better but still coughing quite a bit. Now DH is sick too. When I stop coughing, he starts coughing. We are now joking around that this is how we carry on a conversation. Gosh we are a sexy pair! Last night was my first night working out in A MONTH, so I took it easy with Yoga Booty Ballet Light N Easy workout. Tonight I wanted to try out the new BOSU I got for Xmas, so I did Cathe's High Step Workout but used the BOSU in place of the high step.

Have a great night everyone! I will try to get a longer post in tomorrow with some personals, since I am very behind!

Hi Ladies,

A quickie for me tonight also.
Went to prenatal pilates today - and ran a bunch of errands afterwards. I am pooped now. Feeling very sleepy and sore...
Will catch up with you all tomorrow.

Have a nice evening.
Yve

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.