Trying to Fit Yoga in for Tues 5/29

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Yoginis -

This morning I did Imax 2 followed by Cardio Blast Gliding with Mindy. Cardio was 1 hour 20 minutes and I burned 535 calories. I also did MTV's Pilates Mix for abs and used my magic circle. I also did Yoga Bliss Hips 30" premix - Quick Hips.

Hi to everyone else. Have great workouts.

I have a busy day planned. Lots to do and later in the afternoon I have that appt with the ENT specialitst about my sinuses. I"m afraid I'm not getting hired because of my teary eyes and the fact that my sinuses make me sound like I have a constant cold and I don't .............and I never call off sick on a job either. I hate to sound negative.....but at this point, it looks like I'm going to be working somewhere for minimum wage. Oh well, such is life and I'll do what I have to do!!

Hi ladies.

I hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend. I popped back in here once Friday night but wasn't able to find the time to visit anymore after that. Like I said on Friday, I was able to fit in a 30 minute yoga routine (Baron Baptiste #1) before my DH got home & then we went out to dinner with some friends. When we got home, my DH was tired & went straight to bed but I didn't feel like I could go to sleep yet so I stayed up for about an hour & then hit the sack. Saturday, we did our normal weekend construction work, got in the hot tub, went out for a bite to eat, & then to bed. I woke up early on Sunday (about 6:30) so I decided to fit in a workout. I did one I've been wanting to do for awhile - BC/ME bonus combo. I doubled every cardio portion & also stopped the DVD several times to change weights or add a little something, depending on how I felt from the previous set, so the workout ended up taking around an hour & a half. I matched Cathe in weights & it was a killer but I'm having one of those phases where I just don't get DOMS. It's weird because I was literally trembling after I got finished so it must have something to do with my monthly cycle. Anyway, I ended up taking yesterday off... well sort of, because I did fit in a nice swim, but other than that I didn't do a "formal" workout.

This morning, I did Kelly Coffey Meyer's NYC & I really enjoy that workout more & more each time I do it! I probably won't be able to fit in any yoga this week because my DH & I are taking a much-needed mini-vacation & I'm taking a day & a half off work so we didn't get much at the grocery store & I'll need to go out for lunch the next 2 days. The evenings will be spent working & preparing for our trip so I won't have time then either. Tonight, we need to plant our garden & do some laundry... & tomorrow night, we'll need to finish up the laundry & get packed since we're planning to hit the road around noon on Thursday. I wish I had another day off today so I'm feeling rather unmotivated & I hope I can actually get some work accomplished before Thursday - LOL!

Lora - Great workout! Good luck at the ENT. I can totally relate to the sinus troubles. Seems like my allergies just won't quit this year. Good luck with the job search too & I bet something will come along soon. If you end up adjusting your search & lowering your pay scale, is there anything you'd like to do just for the enjoyment of it? I guess it might be worth the adjustment in salary if you truly loved what you were doing. How is your mom doing?

Jen - It doesn't look like you had time to check in over the weekend either. I hope you had a nice one & hope to hear from you today!

Hi to anyone else who checks in or peeks in today too!

I have GOT to get to work so I'll be back later.

Take care!

Kel - I've already been told I need major surgery for my sinuses, but I refuse to have it. The procedure they need to do is very extensive and involves a lot of tissue removal. I have pansinusitis and polyps all down my throat and in my sinuses. The last ENT I went to said the surgery was a very delicate procedure and that I could end up having damage in my sinus tissue if it's not done with precision. Also, only a 50% chance that the polyps won't return. Not worth it in my book....so I was willing to suffer with them, but now my family doctor won't give me antiobiotics occasionally any longer cuz he told me I needed to go back to the ENT. I refuse to go to the ENT I went to before, as any time I call there for anything......he gets on the phone and tells me how severe I am and that I need surgery. .....so this is not a happy appt!! I only want to be treated medically and I don't know how pushy this doctor is going to be!!

Hey Lora - I almost didn't notice that you had replied because the thread was down so far. Oh my goodness, that sounds awful! Is it painful or does it primarily affect your sinus passages & how easily you can breathe? I'm the type of person who is totally miserable if I feel like I can't breathe. I'm sorry you have to deal with something like that & I hope you can treat it without surgery if you don't want to have it. Please let me know how this appointment goes & what this doctor says.

Well, even though I had to go out for lunch today, I totally intended to eat healthy but... my DH called & wanted to take me out to lunch & he wanted Chinese buffet... so that's where we went. But I had a bowl of soup, a few pieces of sushi, & just a small plate of "regular" food so I don't think I really did all that bad. At least I didn't eat as badly as I could have. So I'm planning to eat much healthier tonight, in addition to working in the garden & doing lots of laundry.

Hope everyone has a nice afternoon & I'll check back in later.

I'm so upset. The doctor was an arrogant A@# and he wants me to have repeat tests of everything I've already had done. Why didn't they tell me I needed another sinus CT before my appt so I could have gone in with a new one. Now I have a sinus CT set up and another appt with the idiot doctor and he also wants me to get tested for allergies a THIRD Time. I'm disgusted right now. I can't EVEN believe that I've worked in this idiotic medical field for 25 years!! I hate doctors. They are full of a bunch of BS. I should just suffer, keep my mouth shut and to heck with all of them!!! ..............okay rant over. (oh, and he tells me all of this after he looks up my nasal passages and tells me I have huge polyps..........which means it is the same problem with the same symptoms from when I had the PREVIOUS CT scan!!! Errrrr.)

My Mom hasn't been doing too well either. My sister from Columbus came home to see her over the weekend and now my Mom is in a REALLY bad place mentally and physically. I seemed to be able to give her some hope after speaking with her and visiting yesterday but today she is back down. She is really angry and doesn't want therapy or anything. I'm not feeling real well right now myself, as my pain is flaring miserably due to hormones (TTOTM). I have a migraine and I feel like I weigh 10 tons!! Ugh.......ate too much and too often today. Why do hormones make you so freakin hungry?

Sorry for the negative banter.

Hi ladies! Sorry to be absent for a couple of days. My DH got motivated over the weekend to paint and do house projects, so we ended up getting a lot of work done. I also got some much needed cleaning done. Tonight's WO was Slim & Lean Back segment twice through followed by abs, then Basic Step with 2 risers. I got home late (yep, it's starting again) and just wanted something quick that didn't require much thinking. It worked. I am in week 2 of my one body part per day rotation and I am really enjoying the results. I think this will end up being a good plateau busting rotation. Jari's website says it's only for 1 to 2 weeks, but I have seen other similar rotations on this site that are continued for 4 weeks, so I am thinking about extending it.

Lora-I pm'd you. Sorry to hear about your mom's spirits. Hopefully she will have some "up" days too. Glad you were able to cheer her up a little. Is she still making progress bit by bit? Is she actually refusing home therapy or just expressing fustration? Hope you can get through to her. What a miracle that you have been able to be there for her. I know the job situation is tough, but it sounds like your mom needs you right now. I will keep you in my thoughts that something comes through for you. I imagine you must be gone (out to your mom's) a little more than usual...how is Brooklyn adjusting? Grrrrr about your sinus doctor experience. That would make me want to jump up and down screaming!!!!!! There's got to be someone else you can see that has other treatment ideas. Have you ever tried any alternative therapies? (Don't know if any, just thought I would ask.)

Kel-Sounds like you had a nice weekend! Where do you swim? I was just looking up swim clubs on the web last week, trying to find a good place to do some lap swimming. It is such good exercise and very soothing at the same time. It also adds some great variety to your workouts. (I also remember how totally hungry it makes me ;9 !!!!) Was it just a leisurely swim or do you time yourself and do sprints and stuff?

Have a great night ladies!

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.