Trying To Fit Yoga In for Thursday May 15

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies - (or should I say Jen??)

This morning I did Day 2 of Warped Speeed which was cardio. This is the workout:
5 min warmup
Intervals - 1 min high intensity (eg 9-10 perceived exertion)
2 minutes moderate intensity (eg 6-10)
Performed 3 of these intervals and then did,
5 min's very low intensity (2-3/10)
20 minutes moderate intensity (5-6/10)
3 min cooldown

I did the warmup on the Treadmill ...incline all the way and then jumped on the Elliptical for the high intensity drills and TM for the recovery. After the low intensity part, I put my vest on with 8 lbs and alternated fast walking/light jog with punching the heavy bag. I beat the heck out of that heavy bag and it felt sooooo freakin' good. My biceps ended up REALLY scratched up from the vest and punching. They don't feel so good now. My HR got up pretty high punching the bag.....guess I had some pent up anger! I followed this with a 5 minute Cathe Stretch from Imax. Tunes were Seether's Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces and this really fit the bill for how I was feeling. Really got into the lyrics. Total workout was 58" w/ cooldown/stretch and I burned 505 calories. Not sure how quick before I will get burned out from doing non-DVD cardio though.

So far, I'm a bit surprised with this program. I did end up getting sore from it. I don't think my abs would be as sore if I didn't add ab work on though. Amazing that pushups and pullups can get you sore. Maybe Alywn does know his SH$#. We shall see. The scale is down a pound...but it may just be water weight. I haven't really looked at the diet yet, just tightened mine up a bit so far. However, I've been guzzling down the water and taking of advantage of the fact I'm able to cuz I'm out of that HE#@ Hole!!

I've been reading WarpSpeed Fat Loss and is basically a combined strength/metabolic program with HIIT cardio. It is designed to keep your HR elevated for 38 hours after your workouts. He specifically tells you to follow it exactly with reps and do NOT do any extra cardio. I felt like it needed added on to.....but he stresses this fact. Alwyn is supposedly known for taking pure fat off without sacrificing muscle. There is a pretty extensive diet included with the program, but it's basically a high protein/low carb diet and he cycles the caloric load with the workout intensity, ie, more carbs on a harder day, less on an easier day....and near zero carbs on your rest day. He also talks about sipping protein drinks during the intense weight/metabolic work which I haven't done yet...but I have been eating eggs the last couple of days for lunch and plan on adding a protein drink in. I doubt I'll be able to follow it closely since I'm a vegetarian. I did buy some of the CLA they recommend taking during the month to aid in fat loss.......Conjugated Lineolic Acid (from Bodybuilding.com - aids in fat loss, protein source and immune system booster).

Jen - The DH is eyeing tickets online...but he hasn't decided yet. It's really up to him...since he is the "bread winner". I do REALLY miss our babies when we go away...but we're never gone more than 4-5 days and they are always happy to see us when we return. I remember the last time we went away, the baby REALLY missed us. She went nuts when we got home. I think she was too little to miss us the first time we went away....but the most recent time, she had gotten very close with us. Speaking of Brooklyn - she's one happy kitty to have Mommy home the last few days. She's reverting back to her old routine when I was unemployed. I'm glad to see you felt well enough to workout and got a good workout in!

Almost forgot - I have to call the Temp Agency....as they have a Dental Office that wants to interview me today. I hope it's something that works for me! That would be great. I don't want to be among the unemployed again!

Have a great day everyone.

I'm feeling really "shot down" right now, as one interview for next week was canceled, the Dental job interview didn't go well cuz they told me the last place the Temp Agency sent them sucked (basically) and the only hope is Nissan....but he said the hours are 8-6......and that's 10 freakin' hours a day!! Maybe he was wrong cuz he said the second interview would be with the Office Manager. I think he liked me though....cuz towards the end of the interview, he said "can I give you a bit of advice?"........"you should really loosen up at interviews and not be so nervous cuz you have a great personality, but it doesn't come thru until you loosen up".. Needless to say.....we got off track somehow and he got me chatting about some of my passions...i.e working out......the dessert in the Summer (as he was from Phoenix). I take that as a "good thing", right?

Hi ladies! Lame-o workout for me today. I did Crunch Supercharged Kickbox Party, but kept it low impact. (It actually kinda hurts to do anything jumping right now.) I did not enjoy this one as much the second time around. x( I didn't get as good of a workout without the jumping jacks and kick jumps, so I feel fine sending this one back on to Netflix. I can tell my best bet is going to be just to continue with my Cathe workouts, but modify them. I always sweat with hers.

Lora-It sounds like your interview went well if you were invited back for a second interview! Gosh, they tell you to relax more, but I don't know many people interviewing that can do that. That is really interesting about Alwyn's training and the fat loss without sacrificing muscle. I will probably pick that book up once I start working out harder again because it sounds like such facinating reading. I have read an article or two of his on T-Nation, and I really wasn't sure what to make of him. He just seemed REALLY opinionated about his way of training....but if he's got the results to back it up I can see why. I have also read quite a bit about CLA, but have not caved. You'll have to let me know if you see a difference with it. I do really well on high protein, but it's so hard to stick with it long term. Congrats on going down a pound-every little bit helps! :)

Have a great night everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.