Trying to Fit Yoga In for Thursday February 21

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did P90X Kenpo X+ and part of Michelle Dozois' Rockin' Body Cardio. Workout was 54" and I burned 511 calories. I had a moderately hard workout and was able to get my HR above average....but not as high as I would have liked it. I felt like I was dragging a bit. Didn't get much sleep last night.....or any night for that matter.

I had every intention of doing yoga again last night.....but again, I wrapped myself in the blanket sitting at the computer and dozed off.......and then it was late! Unbelievable that I can fall asleep sitting up! LOL.

I'm so glad someone showed up around here. I was beginning to feel abandoned. I'm used to you ladie's not being around the the weekends....but it was mid week already. No need to apologize.....I just miss you ladies when you don't post.

Work continues to be stressful with lots of drama. I got picked on horribly the other day because I wouldn't eat the free lunch we got...white pasta and eggplant parmesan. I don't do fried or white pasta! I don't know why it's such a big deal how I eat. The latest thing is that NOW I take too long going to the bathroom. I already don't drink nearly enough water cuz I'm afraid of going too often! Unbelievable.

Yve - so sorry to hear about your job. I wish that was the law in the States. The more I hear about Canada....the more it makes the cold weather more appealing! LOL. I'm glad you are okay from that fall. You must be careful on the ice. We had a lot of ice last week ....rain...ice...snow...yuk. Can't wait for Summer.

Jen - Good for you putting the IVF stuff out of your head for now and concentrating on lifting while you still can. I think it's good to keep your mind on other things. You don't need to constantly think about that stuff or you'll go mad!
Yes, I ordered new Barry's....but everyone's saying they don't look as hard as his previous set. I really don't care if they are slightly easier .....cuz my opinion of his last set is that the cardio ...if done at the level of step they use, could be an accident waiting to happen and I modified anyway. I also know that since Barry is a recovering drug addict...he's a very driven person and motivated with his workouts. I know how hard I can drive myself.....so I have no doubt that he'll kick my butt. I hope he leads all of them, as I really like his personality. I had no idea he was Gay until I saw an article someone posted on him on VF. Not that it matters or anything...but I would have never thought that.
As far as lifting with endurance workouts, the ONLY way I find myself getting a "good enough" workout is if I do drop sets. I usually pick up a heavier weight and do as many reps as I can and when I start to really fatigue, I pick up a slighter ligher one and so on and so forth. I like doing it this way cuz it's the only way I feel worked enough aftewards.

Have a great day ladies. I'm working a full day today. This is my first week that I'm allowed to work 8 hours on Thursdays. I was spoiled from my shorter Thursdays so it will take a bit of getting used to.

ETA: For anyone that had a Temp to Hire position. HOw long did it take before they put your on their payroll? Just curious. I'm still looking in the paper for a different job....but they are scarce around here....so I'll just make the best of where I am for now.....or should I say, try to!

Hi ladies! Popping in at lunch today.

Lora-Drop sets-what a great idea! I am going to take that and run with it! :) Question, so are you changing weights within the same set or repeating the set using a slightly lighter weight? Sorry to hear the job isn't any better. I didn't know Barry was putting out new ones-that is exciting news. I agree on the cardio being an accident waiting to happen. I would probably use the series more if it were a little easier. I like his personality too, so I hope he leads the new ones. I will have to check his website for the info. I also hope they have more variety of the music and they don't re-edit (loop) the cardio on the second set-that was annoying!

Have a great day everyone! I will be back after tonight's WO.

Hi everyone -

I'm back & it's been a crazy few days for me. I've also been in sort of a funk so I apologize for the absence. I think I mentioned that my DH was going out of town for a few days...? If I didn't, he went out of town on political business last Thursday & was supposed to be back Monday evening. Well, he got stranded in Atlanta (quite a common occurrence apparently), ended up staying overnight, & didn't get home until Tuesday afternoon. Tuesday morning, I went for my pre-admit at the hospital for my tubal next Wednesday. Of course, it took a couple of hours & they had to do some blood work too. Afterward, I went by my OBGYN to pay my surgery co-pay. By the time I got home from work that Tuesday, my DH had a fever of 100.5 & was laid up in bed. Last night, his fever spiked to 101.5 so he went to the doctor this morning... & of course, he has the flu. So now I just need to be extra careful because I just can't get sick with my surgery coming up so quickly. I have been washing my hands so much that my knuckles are cracking & today, I've started to feel a little congested & I've developed a mild, dry cough too. Maybe it's nothing... at least I hope it's nothing serious anyway.

I haven't been able to fit in any yoga whatsoever. Last Friday morning, I ended up vacuuming the house instead of doing yoga & didn't have time to do any for the rest of the weekend. Oh well. Some weeks are like that I guess.

Over the weekend, I bought a set of 30 pound dumbbells & a set of 2.5 pound weights for my barbell too. I was excited to use them this week! Workouts this week have been:

Monday - BBC Legs, non-treadmill cardio, 4DS KB Abs & Stretch (I used 45 pounds for squats & deadlifts for the first time ever & 38 pounds for lunges & plie squats... & boy have I felt it for the entire week)
Tuesday - 4DS Bootcamp plus Bis & Tris (did the overhead tricep presses with 30 pounds for the first time ever & they were tough!)
Wednesday - 4DS LIS plus Shoulders & Abs only (no calves)
Thursday (today) - 4DS HIS plus Chest & Back (I was able to load my BB with 54 pounds for the underhand rows... maybe I'll make it to 62 someday - LOL. I used 30 pounds for my rows & it felt really good but I couldn't even lift them to my chest for presses so I had to use my 25's for those again)

Tomorrow, I plan to do yoga but I have been feeling so drained during the past few days that I'll probably do something a bit shorter like the 40 minute PY4H premix.

Lora - I hadn't heard about any new Barry's! I am one who really loves his last set so I'm excited to hear this. Where do you find it? Do you just go to the main Barry's Bootcamp site? Sorry things are still so difficult at work. People tease me about how I eat too but I don't think they really mean anything by it. One guy always asks me if I'm going to have bean sprouts for lunch. But lately, I haven't been doing so good. I guess I just get tired of keeping up with it sometimes. Anyway, sorry for my absence. I just wasn't feeling up to posting for awhile.

Jen - I agree with Lora. No need to constantly worry about things that you can't do anything about right now. Use the next 30 days to focus on yourself & your exercise. Then, put all your energy into your procedures when the time comes. I also agree with what Lora said about drop sets & that's how I usually handle endurance workouts too. In fact, I think I read about that method on the Hardcore thread & it's helped me with both strength & endurance immensely.

Yve - Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry to hear about your fall. Please be careful. Hopefully things will thaw out & it will be spring soon. Sorry to hear about your job too but it sounds like you've got the right mindset about it. There are bigger... or is smaller in this case... things to focus on right now. The big day is right around the corner now. How exciting!

Well, I guess I wrote a book. That's what I get for laying out for a few days. Not sure if I'll be back later or not but I'll be sure to visit tomorrow.. as long as I haven't caught any of my DH's blasted germs, that is. Hope everyone has a great day!

Jen - I just literally drop the weights in the middle of the reps...and pick up a lighter set and keep going. If they get too heavy again, I just drop them and pick up even lighter and keep going until finished.

didn't have time to read everything..........just got home. Had a hair appt.........off to watch General hospital....I'll check back in the AM.

Hi ladies! Back again. Tonight's WO was GS Shoulders and MIS Shoulders followed by Turbo Jam Cardio Party 2 (shortened by 10 mins). I was toast by the time I got to the cardio, so my form was pretty hilarious.

Kel-Wow, awesome job on the 30's!!! You are really putting up some impressive ## on your workouts! :) Good Luck with your surgery. I think that you will be glad you did it. I forgot to mention that I had read about that when you posted initially. I never would have put you at age 40! You are very young looking! Keep it up! :) Sorry to hear that your DH is sick...there is so much nasty stuff going around...and then around again. We have had people in the office that have been sick a couple of times. All you hear is coughing down the hall all day. I am still coughing from being sick in November, but it is finally almost completely resolved. I will send you some anti-flu vibes and hope that you don't catch it. I know what you mean about washing your hands constantly!

Lora-How did it go at the hairdresser? Hope you were able to relax and enjoy it. I feel so much better after a haircut. Thanks again for the weights advice-I am going to try it on the next rotation.

Have a great night everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.