Trying to Fit Yoga In for Thursday April 24

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Tae Bo - T3 Empowerment. Workout was 58" with cooldown/stretch and I burned 537 calories. I used the 1 pound hand weights for the last 20 minutes of the workout. (I'm still sore from my Action Hero Workout -- yeah!!)

This workout is supposed to be done after you do all of the other DVDs in the series, and therefore, I'm guessing this is the hardest one. The first 30 minutes of this workout were quite challenging. I actually had to dig down deep to get thru a couple of the intervals. My HR got as high as 157 and that's great for a low impact workout. After the first 30 minutes, the pace slowed down and you use the 1 lb hand weights that come with the DVDs. My HR dropped during this part. Next time, I'll probably add some intensity bouncing on the Rebounder while doing the arm movements with the weights.

A few more comments about this new series. Billy & Shelly still count the moves...but it seems to be toned down a bit. The music is half decent but I found it to be very muted. I will probably listen to my own music in the future. Billy explains a few of the moves at the beginning of each workout (but there are also a couple of instructional DVDs with this set that I've yet to watch). He does explain that a few of the "old school" Tae Bo moves have been improved and some are done slightly different. He also separates the moves into "core moves" and "cardio moves". The core moves are with your body down lower to the ground, i.e. horse stance and staying low while doing kicks etc. and cardio moves are coming up out of your legs and not working them as much during the movement.

I'm so tired this morning. I couldn't sleep the other night due to severe nightmares and last night I only got about 4.5 hours. I can't wait for the weekend! I'll probably get in trouble at work later, as I did my nails with a colour and it's green. It didn't look that dark when I tested 1 coat, but after I did them, it turned darker (and I'm not allowed to wear "different" colour nail colours to work)! OH well, I'm pissed at my boss for the way she treated me
yesterday.......so I'll be the little rebel girl today.

Have great workouts everyone.

Kel - I posted on yesterdays thread responding to your post yesterday.

Jen - I meant to mention that you're lucky exercise supresses your appetite. I swear it makes me even hungrier. Sometimes, I get absolutely famished half way thru my workout! I guess I'm just a pig. I really need to stop eating so much. This weight I've been trying to lose is hanging on for dear life!
Have great days everyone.

Good afternoon -

This morning, I did 4DS LIS plus Chest & Back. I also added on a few bicep & tricep exercises at the end. Tomorrow, I'll do pilates or Lotte Berke for my legs & also some yoga.

Lora - I haven't done any Tae Bo since I started doing Cathe but the workout you did this morning sounds pretty good. I bet your nails look great. Hopefully, they won't say anything. Thanks for your reply yesterday. I have been trying to avoid purchasing platemates just because of the cost but I really don't see any way to avoid it now. I can match Cathe for the most part but I'm having trouble getting back up to 30s for chest presses. Oh, I tried... but it just wasn't gonna happen.

Jen - Hi if you pop in later. Hope you're doing well!

Well, I better go for now. I hope everyone has a great Friday Eve. Take care!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.