Trying to Fit Yoga in for Thursday 5-1

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

I overslept again and my brain is all scattered....darned PMS. Didn't get started with my workout 'till late so it was a short one. Oh well, hope it shocks my metabolism that seems to be stalled!

I did Tae Bo T-3 Transformation. I used my 1 pound hand weights for some of the slower parts of it. Workout was only 38" and I burned 362 calories.

Running a bit late so I best go eat my breakfast and get ready for another day in Paradise (not). Can't wait for Friday to get here already! I woke up thinking it was Saturday! Wishful thinking...I guess.

Jen - You're too funny! Putting your workout clothes on and getting in bed! That outfit really motivated you! LOL Yes, Brookie is a little crazy Terrorist Girl! Last time we had to take her to the Vet, she tore my husband to shreds with her back claws. One cut in his pinkie finger was so deep he couldn't get it to stop bleeding and it kept coming open again. He probably deserved it though cuz he was yelling at me and making her more nervous. My DH can be a real Prick Bas#@Rd sometimes (most of the time lately). He keeps telling me he's saving money to leave me. Hope that's not TMI. So - you have morning sickness already? That was quick. My legs aren't really that strong...but I don't really feel kicks unless I put ankle weights on..........I guess I figure...hand weights for punches and leg weights for kicks. Do you have to start cutting back the intensity of your workouts yet cuz of your pregnancy?

Kel - I posted again on last night's thread (I think......yikes, I'm losing track ....darned hormones and PMS!).
Have a great day ladies. I'll be back after work.

Good morning -

Got here early today for a change. This morning, I did Kelly Coffey's original Step Boxing. Since I did MM yesterday, I did all of the cardio, most of the cardio-weights with light (7#) weights, some abs, & the cool-down. This was the first time doing this workout for me & I really liked it... & worked up a good sweat too!

Lora - Thanks for adding more comments about the KB workouts. I'll let you know what I decide to do. I think I'll do Vol. 2 of Sarah Lurie's series tomorrow morning but I know I'll need to get some more advanced workouts soon. I hope you have a good Friday Eve. Hang in there... the weekend will be here before you know it...

Jen - LOL about putting your workout clothes on & going to sleep! You know, that's what I want to do most mornings too but somehow I end up making it through my workout, sometimes half asleep. Yeah, this week, I'm just doing my own thing because I wanted to try out my new kettlebells. But I only have 2 more weeks before my trip to Denver so I'll probably go back to 4DS & BBC for one week each.

Hi to Yve if you pop in later.

Better get to work for now. Hope everyone has a great day!

Hi ladies! Tonight's WO was Muscle Endurance, Express WO Premix. I was expecting something in the 30-45 min range, but the segments just kept coming! :eek: Workout finally ended at about 53 minutes. I modified the leg presses and cut my barbell weight in half and still got a really good workout...that's Cathe for ya'.

Lora-I am finding there are MANY different opinions about exercise and pregnancy. Some say don't do it, some say modify, some say no need to modify until the very last weeks, etc. So, with all that confusion in mind, I guess I will take the moderation route. Right now I am working out and seeing how my body responds. It's probably good that you are oversleeping a bit lately. Your body probably needs more recovery from the shock of your workouts lately, esp. since you have had more DOMS than usual.

Kel-So you are taking a trip to Denver? I have never been there. Are you visiting family or strictly sightseeing? What will you do while you are out there? Glad you enjoyed the Step Boxing...I don't have that one but have always been curious about it.

Have a great night everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.