Trying to Fit Yoga in for Thurs Nov 22

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

Here are my preworkout thoughts -

I didn't get up on time.....as my alarm quit going off. Really need to work on that, as well as my diet!!

I was planning on doing Tracey's step workout again, but the DH just picked a huge fight with me and now I feel like kickboxing. NOt sure what I'll do now.

Things have not been good with the DH and I for a LONG time and he has been threatening to leave. I think he is serious now.....not sure though. Said he doesn't want me to go to his family's for dinner later. We'll see what happens. I really don't need this additional turmoil in my life right now. Too bad he can't understand that......or maybe he does but he just hates me so much that he doesn't care any more.

I'm off to soak my sorrows in a hard DOSE of maniacal cardio. Be back when I've accomplished something. Perhaps, I should do some yoga, as well.

Post workout --

I ended up doing Tracey's High Intensity Step Mix II and then part of Tae Bo Amped - Core Express with the Amplifier. Workout was 1:35" and I burned 874 calories! Not quite what I wanted to burn.....but I had to quit cuz I'm not sure what time I have to be ready to leave.

I also did Dharma Yoga 20" for Stress Relief.

Not having a good morning. Now, I got into with my Mom cuz she won't help me out at all if I need a place to stay if the DH &I split up and I'm upset. I don't need this crap right now. The DH took off ....so I'm not sure what time I need to be ready. I really don't care to go see either his family or my family today. Happy Thankgsiving! Geez.

Sorry for the rant. Hope y'all have a better morning than me!

Lora-Oh my Goodness! {{{{HUGS}}}} to you! So sorry that you are dealing with this this morning. Especially since the whole point of leaving your current job situation the way you did was so that you could have more time together during the holidays. Are the holidays particularly stressful for you as a couple? Have you been through any times like this before? I hope you are able to patch things up before this evening. It's been a stressful year for you both-flip houses, your kitty-kids, work, etc that would test the best of relationships. Sending good thoughts and hopes your way today that things will work out.

Yve-How are your dad and mom doing? How are you feeling today? When was it again that you find out if you are having a boy or a girl? Not sure if you saw my post from awhile back about the names you are considering...I love them! :)

No WO for me yesterday and I am eating like complete crap. :( A WO is not completely off the table for today, but also not very likely to happen. I was making such great progress with the good consistency as of late. Oh Well, I will be back to it again in the next couple of days..I just felt like I need to treat myself a little extra rest and induldgence right now. I got more bad news from the IVF doc yesterday. :( I don't think I have ever looked forward to a counseling appt as much in my life as I look forward our appt on Monday.:D..I need some perspective and need it quick! :eek: DH has his appt with the urologist on Tuesday, which depending on how that goes, could significantly change what options are available to us.

I previewed RopeSport Basic workout the other day and it looks fun! My DH was totally making fun of me when I told him after viewing that DVD I think I need a higher quality jumprope. I was telling him this in all seriousness and he was cracking up at me. He thinks that I am susceptible to every fitness trend on the market!! Hey, at least I have never bought a Thighmaster :D ! .......And at least I have SOMEWHAT of a body to show for the investments I have made! :eek:

Have a great day ladies and TAKE CARE! We are going out to my cousin's house which is pretty far away, but I do anticipate being back on the boards later tonight to check on you! We are going to have a really good meal today and we are taking the Harry Potter Scene-It game to play-which should be fun for the adults and kids.

Jen - I know.........about the work situation. Exactly what I was thinking. He has been being VERY contradictory lately with his comments. He has several times stated I should have kept working cuz we need the money when he's the one that told me to quit on the 19th! The house's over his head is stressing our financial situation and with me not working, it's worse.....but things are gonna get better (I think) and I keep telling him that....but he's in a real "bad place" right now. He feels trapped in our marriage and job because of our lifestyle. He keeps threatening he's leaving me the first of the year and he's gonna go and get a low paying job and live a happy life. For some reason, the control freak that he is...............I can't picture down the road --- us going thru a divorce and me starting to date another man. I could just see how he'd be now!! I think he says a lot of mean, spiteful stuff.....but he says it so often that I'm starting to think he means it! It's just a horrid mess. If I made enough to support myself, I wouldn't be so worried, but I put up with his abuse cuz he makes decent money and helps support me! Not a very healthy relationship....I know.....but then I have my own problems.........and I won't keep blabbing about it here....but you get the idea.

Anway, Holiday's are particularly stressful for me for 2 reasons. Ever since my Father died back in 1979 and he died on Nov 7th....so Thanksgiving is one of the worst memories (actually from October thru November are pretty rough for my Mom and I), I've not liked Holidays cuz I miss him and also....back in my former life of "using" ....Holidays were always a bit of a bummer cuz you couldn't do your normal routine of copping, money making, etc. Don't want to go into detail....but you get the general idea. For some reason, those memories just stick with you like habit and old tapes that run! Same as when I see a Cop, I still freak out....for no reason now (unless I'm speeding....which I usually am ...LOL) and I attribute it to old habits die hard.

I guess the last thing is that how am I supposed to have any respect for his family when he treats me like crap?? I look at them and him and despise them! I hate to admit this.....but how do you think you feel when you get abused constantly!

Also, this morning and the last couple days, I've been talking back to him instead of shutting my mouth and taking it.........and he gets even more enraged when I do this. This morning, he said he wanted to go for counseling and I told him I already went by myself once and for him to feel free to go...............and then I said.....I already know what I have to do..........just keep my mouth shut and take your SH#% and that's the only way to deal with you!! He got really mad at that comment and that's when he said.....if that's the way I feel, then we're getting a divorce. I guess the truth hurts???

Anyway, I'm sorry for going into detaill.....but I guess I needed to vent.

I'm done babbling now.

I'm going to make a protein shake so I will have something besides white carbs today.

Hi Yve and Kel!!

Hi ladies! Back from the big ole Thanksgiving feast! We had a nice time.

Lora-Wow, I can see why the holidays would be such a tough time for you. How did your evening end up? I hope everything went okay. I know what you mean about not feeling supported by your DH or his family. I wouldn't want to spend time with them either under the circumstances. I also don't blame you for talking back to him-how much is a person supposed to take? At some point you have to stand up for yourself! I hope the argument between you was just a blow up of stress and emotion and that you were able to move on from it and have a nice evening together.

Have a great night everyone!

Hi ladies,

Happy Thanksgiving to you.
It is a snowy, cold and freezing rain kind of day in T.O today. I haven't been out all day!!!

I did 30 minutes at moderate pace on treadmill today - and followed it with Yogatopia.

Lora - Thanks for your supportive words for my parents yesterday - and your encouragement to me also. I am so sorry that you are going through all of this with your dh - but am also glad that you are standing up for yourself - and not allowing him to give you lip. Sometimes personalities like your DH's are more about dishing it out... they are often unable to take it.. What is more - it doesn't seem likely like they would ever follow thru with it. I think if you yourself threatened to walk out - or even went ahead with it - he would have a very hard time with it.

Jen - My parents are doing better. Dad is back home now - is on new medication, and he feels better. He is just tired though. My mom feels better knowing that he is home. I actually received my amnio results a few days ago. All the testing came back normal - thankfully - and we are having a baby boy. The boys name that we have picked is a family name. DH's grandmother's name was Zacharia ( a common name from the north of Greece) - and since she raised him - he would like to honour her this way by naming our son Zachary. I also like the name Matthew - but there is no family connection with that one.
The girl's name that I like - Thalia - is a not so common Greek name. There used to be a Cdn newswoman named Thalia on tv - and I think she moved to the US and took on a news show there..(this was many years ago though)... I have always liked that name.
I am sorry for what you are going through right now. Sincerely - I feel your pain. I think you are doing the right thing in taking care of yourself - and indulging in a few extra treats. You deserve it. I hope both appts on Monday and Tuesday go well.

That is really cute about your dh's reaction and perception of your shopping habits...Does he really have a thighmaster??
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving at your cousin's place.

Yve

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.