Trying to Fit Yoga In - Thurs Nov 16

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did about 45 minutes of Body Max 2 Cardio Blast Premix followed by Amy Bento's Core Work from Kickbox Extreme. I burned 327 calories from w/u to stretch. Amy's core work was mostly for back and plank work, as well as some standing core work with your tubing. (Do you ladies think that plank work can make your traps spasm? --as mine have been spasmed pretty badly lately).

I can't believe Cathe jumps in this workout since we use the higher step. I don't think I've ever done that before. I always thought you put the step higher so you didn't get any impact and still got your HR up??
No yoga for me last night. I had a doctor's appt and then stopped at the drug store and was there a LONG time.

August - sorry 'bout that mid sentence thing yesterday. My boss must have walked in. I'm not allowed to be on the Internet at work, so I sneak.

Jen - I'm a Bare Minerals girl and I also love MAC and sometimes Smashbox. I mostly buy my Bare Escentuals from QVC and that's where I get the Smashbox also. I usually only buy the Today's Special VAlues in Smashbox. I can't afford to have that many makeup addictions. I love Bare Radiance....and some of the other colour radiances. I use Warmth all of the time and if I don't, I look sick. I'm light complected. Let's see. I love just about everything BE makes...but those are the things that when I wear them, I get more compliments on my skin. Not to brag, but, I've been blessed with genetically good skin and I really take care of it.....so I get a lot of compliments even when I'm not even wearing base. I usually just wear concealer and a bit of powder. I use a microdermabrasion sponge I got from Ebay that's fantastic. My skin even looks more clear and radiant now. I do like the way BAre Minerals gives you that glow though.

Gotta run.....I'm a bit late for work.

I'll try to check in from work later.

Morning, everyone! Just checking in on a still dreary, rainy day in Atlanta! I really like these kinds of days when I am at home, but going out in the traffic in it-yuck city! It does make me appreciate my morning coffee that much more, though-and it's sure nice have coffee with you guys in the morning!

Hope you have a good one! I will BBL after my workout of redemption this evening after all the sloth and gluttony from yesterday! (Insert Cathe's witch laugh here)

Jen

Lora- that is really wonderful about your skin. I have always been lazy when it comes to skin care. I know I will pay for it later. I better start being better at it now. I am 27, so I may still have time before it goes down hill LOL!! I like some Mary Kay stuff since my aunt is a consultant. But that stuff is getting major expensive too. Avon has some good stuff to. Guess I should get my butt in gear. BTW- I totally LOL at your mid sentence!!!

Jen- so you are home for the day? I love being lazy under a blanket on rainy days, but don't get much downtime with the little guys!! Love their nap time though!! LOL!! Have a great WO.

I just realized that I don't think I checked in yesterday! Sorry. Crazy day here yesterday. No WO, but I had fire drill last night and did some stuff that def used my UB muscles LOL! ALthough, my back is a little iffy today. I am taking it easy with that because I don't want ANY injuries!!

Have a great day!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Lora - Hey there, haha, no problems about the unfinished sentence. You must have signed out pretty quick! It's great that you have such nice skin and take care of it, too. I'm fairly lucky, too...except that my body skin gets super dry in the winter. Hate that!

Jen - Here's hoping for nice weather for you tomorrow!

Megadoo - Yeah, if your back is iffy, better rest than get more stiffy! Heh. Sorry, but I had to write the rhyme.

Well, I was finally able to try out my Bryan on a different DVD player, and it works! So I won't have to return it, thankfully. My friend is going to figure something out for me for me to be able to use it in my player.

All right, have a good evening!

I started with W/U of PLB, calves w/ankle weights, then the stability ball section w/ankle weights.
Then moved on to the jillian micheals kickbox, wearing ankle weights and holding 1# weights in my hands.
Then threw in BC, and did the kickbox only premix
THen finished with AbRx and my own stretch

I have never done kickboxing with weights, so that was cool. My back felt fine, and still does. I was carefull to listen to my body in case anything was uncomfortable. I FEEL GREAT!!!

August- I def listened to my body today. I think my whole body was stiff in general this morning. My back felt fine during the WO, and does now. I just really needed a good WO!:)

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Hi ladies! Tonight's workout was Low Impact Step and GS Triceps- repeating the dips set three times. It's STILL rainy & dreary here and it got even colder today. Can't wait until the weekend so I can curl up under a blanket with a good book. This weather makes me want to hibernate! I felt really nauseated all day-only got better for brief periods when I ate something. I think it was the Pizza Hut indulgence last night. Poor DH...I don't let him eat badly much anymore, so you should have seen his face light up in disbelief when I said pizza was okay. I knew it was a bad idea, but once it was out there-I couldn't take it back!

Megadoo-I wish I had been at home today! What an awesome w/o you had! Isn't it funny how working out makes you feel better sometimes? It is still surprising to me...like I think that is the last thing that would make me feel better...and it's tough at the beginning...but once you get through it, it can really save the day sometimes! Are you following a rotation right now or just doing your own thing as you feel you need it?

Lora-Sorry to hear about the trap spasms. I have never experienced that, although it wouldn't surprise me. My body part mostly likely to spasm is the obliques-usually just one side. I am really not even sure what to do when I get them and they seem to last a long time. Is there any way to stop spasms that you know of? It sounds like to me your trap spasms would be an excellent "Ask Cathe" question or something to put out in the Open Discussion. I bet you would get a lot of responses. What about your friends over there at Hardcore Maniacs? Have they given you any advice?

About the Bare Minerals, I have heard Warmth is the best. I purchased a few individual items and not the starter set, so I don't have that one. I had heard really good things about it, but I also have a fair complexion and worried about looking to "fakey suntanish". It sounds like it is more subtle than that. Are you using the nighttime treatment-Rare Minerals?

I had a momentary lapse yesterday on my workout, but your off days philosophy is still having a good influence on me-I did manage to go 11 days straight without an off day-that's a record for me! :)

August-LMAO!!!!! :+ "Pizza Box Hammers and didn't do squats" :+ You forgot to mention the really killer part of the Pizza Hut Workout-the door step slam-its and the double chin-ups!!!!:+

Sorry about your balancing difficulties yesterday. Don't sweat it. It's not a setback or anything. Yoga feels harder some days than others, just like cardio, weights and the traditional stuff. I am sure it wasn't anything you were doing, and at least it was limited to the mat! When I have an off-balance day-it's everywhere!

Sorry I was a little slow on the club singer thing. It takes us Southerners a minute, ya know! When you said club singer, I thought you were talking about the setting...not the type of music...so I didn't know if it was a jazz club or something. Do you perform only on weekends or several nights during the week? How do you dress for something like that-you must have to be pretty trendy! And oh, the people watching...better than the mall I imagine!

I was wondering if you guys wouldn't mind sharing some of your meals or snacks every day when you talk about your workouts. I like hearing about it because I can get good ideas about how you are fueling up for your workouts. Are any of you counting calories or following a special diet? If so, I would love to know. I am not a diet person myself, I mostly try to eat clean and organic.

Jen

Eegads, my Rainbeau Sacred (haha, at first I typed out Scared) Practices arrived! This is the one I found in Japan, so it has both languages. I wish all my DVDs would arrive this quick. I wrote to Amazon to see what was going on with my Ravi and Ana discs but they haven't even cleared payment yet! Ugh!

Megadoo - Glad to hear you're doing better!

Lora - I'm with Jen on the spasms - I've never experienced them before, so I have no words of encouragement. Trying over in the open discussion might get something good.

Jen - Too cute about your DH. I know, last month my work partner timidly asked if we could go try out a new Italian pasta place and, I figured it was about that time for an anything goes kind of day, when I said yes, he did a double-take and looked so gleeful.

Bahaha, door step slam and double chin-ups! So there, you see? You did have quite a vigorous workout.

Oh, no, it's pretty vague for me to write "club music" or something of the likes. It's even more confusing if I say that it has jazz influences :) . I perform most usually on weekends, but sometimes when there is some kind of holiday during the week, the night before will be a club gig. Those club gigs are what really messes up my sleeping, since we're usually on at peak dance club hours - from around 2am. x( What do I wear? Smut. :7 I usually wear a long slip dress or something that will show some cleavage LOL. Luckily, it's pretty dark in those clubs, so nobody notices that I'm not very trendy. :)

Okay let's see...meals and snacks. I'm not a diet person, either, and had never dieted or counted calories before in my life until about a year and a half ago - I tried out the Zone, and also BFFM. I was measuring and measuring and counting and adding and figuring out and planning and doing the whole thing....and stayed pretty much exactly the same as I've always been! LOL. So I figured I had two choices: 1) Spend all my time measuring and counting and staying the same size or, 2) Don't count anything, just eat healthy things and stay the same size. So right now I'm doing the latter.

I hadn't owned a weight scale and never knew how much I weighed until I bought one about a year ago when I became intrigued to see about lowering my fat %. I measured once a week. I took notes on all my measurements. I drew up charts to show highs and low....and stayed pretty much exactly the same as I've always been! LOL again!

But on that note, I have to say I'm really fortunate. For all the crap I used to eat, and believe me, I used to eat a ton of chocolate EVERY day, I've been the about the same weight for over twenty years, so who am I to complain. But having done so much research on food and body fat and muscle, I eat waaaaaaaaaaaaay more healthfully, and I've learned a tremendous amount. When I was using the scale, it used to tell me otherwise, but I definitely see a big difference in my body from two years ago, even though I'm roughly the same weight.

So on that long-winded note, here is a random meal day for me:

MEAL 1
1/2 apple chopped
1 kiwi (or other fruit) chopped
1/2 cup or so low-fat plain yogurt
2/3 cup or so low-fat cottage cheese

(WORKOUT)

MEAL 2 POST-WORKOUT SHAKE
2/3 frozen banana
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/3 cup frozen strawberries
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
20 grams of raw old-fash oatmeal and/or All-Bran

MEAL 3
Grilled chicken
Green beans
Sweet potato or barley
Sometimes a dried date with tahini and non-sweetened chocolate baking powder

MEAL 4
A very big handful of raw nuts, seeds with raisins

MEAL 5
Grilled fish
Broccoli
Spinach or other veggies
Sometimes a slice of fruit, sometimes a Japanese sweet bean paste

NIGHT SNACK
Soymilk and/or a scoop of organic peanut butter

Phew, there we go. So much better than when I was eating a Snicker's bar for a meal. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.