Trying to Fit Yoga In for Thurs June 7

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning my rotation called for any premix off of Cardio Fusion and LIC Abs. I did the Mix & Max premix which is 80 minutes but I only did 65" of it. It was a toughie. Starts out with Body Max w/u and LIC Bonus Cardio step and then moves into 7 Drill Max Drills followed by more Body Max step and then Power Circuits and cooldown. Wooo.. I also did the LIC Abs and then added on Lotte Berk - Muscle Eats Fat Legs. Total cardio was 65" and I burned 476 calories.

I have to go grocery shopping this morning and the over to Mom's the rest of the day. I never did get my perfume samples made up yesterday as my DH had me working down at our other house! I can't believe how busy I've been staying lately.

Speaking of the other house - we finally got in there on 6/4. Bought the place back on 2-6!! Geez...talk about red tape. The people actually had till the 11th to get out before the Sheriff was going to go physically remove them. They are still in and out of there though...getting various items left behind. So I finally got to see the inside of it. (you can't see them inside when you buy them at the Sheriff's sale) and you actually don't get keys either...have to have the locksmith get you in. It is an older style Cape Cod (1920's era). I love Cape Cod's. It has 2 floors and a third floor is the upstairs huge room/attic (my favorite part of the house). There is a separate heating unit up there and it's so secluded. The basement is partially finished. There are 3 bedrooms plus the optional 4th room in the attic, 1 and 1/2 baths (one is in the basement though), a kitchen, dining room, living room, and room built off the kitchen that is like a sunroom. It has a huge deck off the back sunroom and a huge front porch with indoor/outdoor carpeting. Double car garage with work bench and shelving and a "party pit" fenced in portion of the back yard inclusive with a fire pit.....guess they were partyers. Anyway....the outside of the house is gorgeous. Nice landscaping, partially fenced in with a wooden fence that you can't see thru, aluminum sided and well upkept with glass block windows in the basement ...newer windows upstairs and central air. The inside is another story. We have a lot of work to do, but the bottom line is that once we get new carpet, fresh paint, etc. It will have great potential. All of this and it's in a neighborhood with a good school system. Have I sold you on it??? LOL!!

I've got to start fitting in my Classical Stretch at night. I'm having a lot of back pain and I think it's partially from tight hammy's.!!

Jen - Don't bother with finding the site. I found it, but it didn't work, so I emailed them and they said they no longer carry them. They said to look on Amazon and all Amazon has is a couple of VHS from the series. I figure it must have bombed???

Speaking of Amazon. I went on a mini spree last night and bought Jillian Michaels new book and newer workouts. They are beginners but they are 50" circuits and I figure I can lift heavy and up the cardio intensity. I wanted longer circuits from her, as her advanced ones are only 30" each. I also got that Denise Austin Fat Burning Dance Mix -- don't laugh. I always have liked Denise and do own some of her stuff. She does stretching well! I use her DVDs a lot for the stretch segments still. I also bought the new Firms (not from Amazon though). I still have to figure out where I'm going to pull the money out of to pay for all of this!! LOL.

Kel - What Yoga DVDs did you want to know about? Also, what other ones do you know of that I don't have that I might purchase? Are Nike Shox the ones that look funny....like Chalene wears in Turbo Jam? They look like they have suction cups on the bottom?

Do either of you ladies know if prednisone will make me gain weight...or just retain water? I'm nervous. I'm taking 9 pills a day for the first 7 days. He's really loading me up with this crap.

Now that I've written a book................better get my neck stretches done so I can go grocery shopping.

After all that blabbing...forgot to tell you guys about my baby. Brookie was so funny when I was doing Drill Max blasts. I did some of the tuck jumps on the Rebounder and she is tooo funny. She sits on the edge of the dining room table and gets up on her hind legs and bats at me in the air. We have this little game when I'm doing aerobics. She sits on the top of the living room chair and every time I go to that side of the room, I bat at her and she bats back...........so now she's trying to get me on the Rebounder. Wish I had a video camera.......cuz it's really cute. She's a trip. She was in super sweetie mode last night and all cuddled up in my arm pit getting so much lovin'. She likes to get right up in my face. She practically stuck her nose in my eyeball (well, she did sort of). I guess she just loves her Mommy!! LOL....okay I'll shut up now............SEE why I can't have kids Jen!! I'd be really obnoxious!!! LOL

Hi flexible ladies!

This morning, I did a 53 minute premix on KPC that included the abs. I was feeling a bit sluggish this morning so that workout really suited me today. I probably won't have any time for yoga as I'm meeting a friend for lunch. It was her birthday on Tuesday so this is her birthday lunch & I'm looking forward to seeing her. I hope to fit some yoga in during lunch tomorrow...

Lora - Fantastic workout, as usual! Wow, that house sounds awesome. Are there lots of great real estate deals like that where you live? They are few & far between around here but my DH & I are constantly on the lookout. What a funny story about Brooklyn! I was LOL when I read it. Does she do anything when you kickbox? It would be funny if she looked like she was boxing with you.

Jen - Keep up the rotation. I'm sure you'll see results from it. I rarely follow a "real" rotation. I just tend to do whatever I feel like within a loose rotation that I create myself from week to week, depending on how I feel. For instance, I think I'll go back to the Pyramids next week again. I really did like the Jari DVDs, although I don't think I'll do them all the time, & I think I'll get her next one too. I'm also looking forward to Cathe's new ones!

Both (& Lora, since you asked) - I'm curious about the following yoga DVDs & I hope you gals can help. I'm just wondering what you think of them if you've done them & if they would be worth purchasing:

Ravi & Ana Fat Free Yoga Cleanse Lighten Up & Purify

Ravi & Ana Fat Free Yoga Total Tune Up

Yoga for Stress Relief with Barbara Benaugh (this one has 20 routines starting at 15 minutes & also has the Dali Lama on it)

Flexibility Yoga with Patricia Walden

Power Yoga Series with Rodney Yee (Strength, Flexibility, Stamina - each one is around 30 minutes in length)

Yoga Short Forms with David Swenson (another that has several routines ranging from 30-45 minutes & I've heard good things about this instructor)

Yoga for Everybody with JJ Gormley

Total Yoga Series with Original, Earth, Water, & Fire (I saw these at our local TJ Maxx for only $12.99 so I wondered if it was a good deal & how long they are)

Is there anything by Siva Rea that's shorter than an hour?

Any others you ladies (or anyone else who may pop in) could recommend that aren't so long?

As you can tell, it's difficult enough for me to fit yoga in so the only way I can see myself fitting it in on a more regular basis is if the routines are shorter or have shorter options. Any information anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Well, off to get some more work done before I have to leave for lunch. Hope everyone has a great day!

Kel - Yes, Brookie bats at me when I kickbox.....I guess she sort of looks like she's boxing!! LOL. She's multitalented!! He..hee..

I don't know what you mean by real estate deals. What we do is a bit different than just buying per se. We get the list of Forclosures from a website and then go to the auction's downtown at the courthouse. We usually scope out about 3 houses that we're interested in in case the bidding goes over what we are willing (or able to pay). This last house we got was auctioned on 2-6 and the people didn't get out until now. We've been paying for them to live there!! Our last house didn't have a basement and that was a BIG downfall in the selling feature. We practically gave it away....the guy got a steal and it was on the market for years. It was our first one, so we learned a lot. This time, we got a house with great selling features. It's really nice! Even the guy that gave us the painting estimate today was REALLY impressed. Great neighborhood, NICE house (he said) and he does a lot of homes....so I was happy (cuz I thought the same thing). He really liked the attic a lot and the double garage with the workbench (both features I pictured a Man liking!!). He thinks we'll do well on it and he said it should go in 2 months. I tend to agree....so I guess we'll see. To really make money at this though, you need to have enough money to put out there so you can have 5 houses going at once.......which would be great....but we just don't have the money available to do that!! I told the DH today, if we did 15 houses a year, we could both quit out day jobs. We'd only need about $800,000 or 900,000 to start doing that (at least)...ha ha.....where's Donald Trump when you need him? LOL

Re: yoga

Fat Free Yoga - total tune up is one of my favorite RAvi & ANa's. I do it quite often. It can be done in 20 min segments (speaking of short yogas -- did you say you have the Sara Ivanhoe set?? can't remember...good set for shorties).

I've only done the Cleanse-Purify one once and I really liked it also....although it is the most unique and really different from traditional yoga....lots of arm movements and different breathing. However, it was recommended by Ana to help my sinuses...as the liver relates to the sinuses in yoga terms.

Benagh is a great instructor. I really like her. Yoga for STress Relief is wonderful for Sciatica (actually -- I need to break it out). It is VERY VERY restorative and there is a lot of lying around breathing, etc....which I NEVER thought I could do.....but you would not believe the amount of stress you hold in your abdomen after doing the one breathing segment where you lie there and release tension from your abdomen to aid with back pain/sciatica. I usually fall asleep doing it!! I think I have every time I've done it. It gets rave reviews over at VF on the Yoga Cross Trainer checkin....but I'm luke warm to it....as I tend to like a little more effort....but Benagh is a class act and the beach setting is WAY tranquil and gorgeous.

No comment on Patricia Walden...as I only have the Yoga for STress RElief on VHS and I used to use it a lot...but haven't for a while.

The 3 Yee one's...I have on VHS...and I pulled one of them out recently and was not impressed...however in a pinch for a short practice, I suppose it would be okay. Although if I were you, I'd get Rainbeau Mars Pure Sweat before I'd get a Rodney Yee. It's 30" and it's a pretty decent practice that is short. Her beginner one is also a good 30" practice, but it's very easy and I usually do it before bed.

Never had JJ Gormley or Svenson....although, I've heard good things from VF on the latter and have thought about purchasing. Let me know if you get it.

I have all of the Total series. I hate the instructors. I have only done each one once or twice and I have mixed opinions so far. I suppose they are okay....but I have to play my own music when I do them. Okay...I guess they aren't bad......if I could just learn to like the instructor a bit more....but I've not done them enough to comment more than that.

Shiva Rea's DVDs all have the Matrix and you can actually do 1 or 2 segments from them and get a half decent practice. I have done Fluid Power and Yoga Shakti like this and did a good half hour practice. Highly recommend her DVDS. ....you can't go wrong with her.

Also - I love Yoga on Demand for a short Hatha practice -- good pose selection and it has a 30" practice and 50" practice on the same DVD. It's available at Amazon.

Another good short one is BAron Baptiste's Unlocking Athletic Power. It's 25" and it's a great session to do after aerobics, etc.

Also, have you ever checked out a Classical Stretch workout? It's really popular at VF and I've really been loving mine. If you wanted to try one to start with, you can get the one for Back Pain from Amazon for a decent price and it would give you an idea of what Classical STretch is all about. A lot of ladies over at VF have been omitting their yoga practices to do Classical STretches. I need to get back to them. They help all the little aches and pains and the one that has the Intense Athletic STretch on it (can't remember which DVD has it) --- it is The BEST stretch to do for us Cathe fans. I love it. www.Classicalstretch.com

Gotta go eat. Was down the house all afternoon. Lots to do there. DH wants to get it on the market next week.........yes, he's ambitious and driven!!

Hi ladies! Tonight's WO was Slim & Lean Back three times through pyramid style w/ 15/12/10 then abs. I followed that with LowMax, step combos only. I really love LowMax! :) I gotta' run...I have to be at work by 7:00 tomorrow, so I have to do more prep work tonight than usual...get my shower out of the way, etc.

I will catch up later!

Have a great night!

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.