Trying to Fit Yoga In for Thurs Jan 3

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did KenpoX+ and repeated the last segment to make it a bit longer. Workout was 54" and I burned 482 calories.

I finally got my P90X+ workouts. I briefly looked at the Total Body and Upper Body ones and it looks like I'll need to do these in the basement to use the chin up bar. There's quite a bit of alternating between pushups and pullups, etc. I'm going to start incorporating pull-ups and chin-ups (assisted) in all of my weight routines, as my lats, etc. are pretty sore from those I did the other day. I fooled around with placing a bar across 2 chairs to do them upstairs and that works, but in P90X+, they move their legs and work their abs on the up movement on the chinup bar and you can't do that with the bar over 2 chairs. I might try the total body one tomorrow. The girl that's in the DVDS (I think she was in P90X Masters) has 6 kids and sick looking abs!! She is freakin' ripped to the core and when she does the chin ups.....you can see the ripples of muscle all the way down her back.....it's so cool. She looks amazing. I hope the chinups and pullups don't bother my injury too much. We shall see.....as I sit here icing my shoulders right now! LOL.

Jen - so sorry to hear that you are so sick. Hope you start feeling better soon. Are you on an antiobiotic?

Yve - Work is hard after being off a week. As suspected, I've forgotton some of the stuff I learned and it's a bit of a struggle this week. I hope I continue to do well enough that they decide to hire me. I love anything by Shiva also! She has a surfer yoga coming out soon from what I hear.

Carrie - I think I've done 2 or 3 P90X rotations. The first one, I used really light weights and modified a lot, as I have a disc injury and this was right after I was coming back after PT and being in a car accident. 2nd & 3rd times, I did better.....but I do get sick of it and it becomes monotonous. I always do it differently than the rotation. I do cardio on the yoga days and just add my 2 yoga workouts on Sat and Sun after my regularly scheduled workout. I didn't really take a rest day when I did it (although I probably should). I have a hard time EVER taking a rest day cuz I'm trying to lose weight. I keep saying I'll start taking them once I lose the 10 pounds I need to lose......but it never happens. I also would love to do a week of cardio and yoga/pilates....but I keep saying I'll do that when I lose weight also. I also want to start incorporating more Iballet legs and Lotte Berk type leg work back in my routine, as my body responds well to that type of work.....pear shaped....ectomorph on top though. I think P90X made my shoulders larger and more defined the last time I did it. Can you do the pullups and chin up
s without the chair assistance? (I wish I could follow the P90X diet plan. I have a really hard time with diet....and I'm a vegetarian....so it makes it an extra challenge for me. My weakness for chocalte and this recent chocolate binge I just came off of from the Holidays made me gain a few pounds and I really didn't need that. Let's hope it comes off if I stay away from the chocolate now).

I better go get ready for work. Have great days everyone.

Good morning!

Today will be YogaX. I am sorely in need of this long yoga. I just love this yoga, even if Tony is not your typical yoga instructor, this kicks butt. I have to say it's my favorite of the p90x workouts. I also love Plyometrics too.

Lora-I am in my last Phase of classics. I am so ready to be done. I am adding in some cardio b/c I am just tired of doing weights. I am kinda wishing I had done the 'lean' rotation. I have seen my shoulders get so much bigger! I hate it, my coats and shirts are getting tight, so I am backing off the weights and going lighter. I cannot do unassisted pull ups, no way. I wish I could, but I still feel like you get good gains from doing assisted pulls and chins. I can't believe YOU need to lose 10lbs? I hear you on the diet, I am really trying to follow it to a 'T' these last few weeks, so I can post some good results. I have lost 3lbs on p90x, so that is good.

Ok, hi to everone who follows!
Carrie

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone had a nice day.

Today I went down to the gym - and did 25 minutes on the eliptical. It was my intention to do some yoga tonight - but it didn't happen.

Today is a very cold -19 in Toronto... It is supposed to warm up on Sunday - and I am looking forward to that. I get so stiff and sore when it is this cold.

Have a nice evening ladies.

Yve

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.