Trying to Fit Yoga in for Thurs Jan 24

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Kenpo X+ followed by part of P90 Fat Burner workout. I tried to kick up the intensity a bit by really getting down into the punches and did running with high knees during the cardio breaks on the Rebounder. Workout was 62" and I burned 545 calories.

I'm feeling so tired right now........haven't been able to sleep all week due to PMS and it's catching up with me. I also think the pushups are irritating my injury...as my pain is flaring.....but my pain usually flares with PMS ....so I'll probably try continuing with this rotation for another week or so before I give up. I think I'll sub tomorrow's workout which is supposed to be Core Synergestics since I'm getting sick of it and I think it's also on the schedule for next week. I might start adding in some P90 Masters after this upcoming Recovery Week for variety.

Jen - I don't know if you answered my question and I missed it, but I was curious as to why you have to take prenatal vitamins? This IVF stuff sure is complicated. Birth control pills and you're trying to get pregnant.......that's downright confusing. I guess they know what they are doing. Have you decided to take this all the way then? If so, good luck and I sincerely hope you get pregnant soon! I will be so happy for you.

Yve - I don't know why I couldn't have just gotten an easy job in a good environment. Such is life.......I'll just push through it like I always do. I'm a survivor.

Kel - I answered your question on shoulderstand on last night's thread. It used to bother me, but after I tweaked it....it's my favorite pose and yes, VERY benefical! Helps heartburn, brings radiance to the face, redistributes blood, and has a general anti-gravity effect on your body. It is the pose they call "The Fountain of Youth" in Kundalini. They believe if you do the pose daily with breath of fire....you will not age! I also think it's good for headaches....but not sure. I researched it once on Yoga Journal.com.

Does anyone here read any yoga magazines and if so, which ones are good?
Have a great day everyone.

Good morning ladies!!!

Wow, it has been such a crazy week! I have really missed checking in with everyone. Tuesday I went 44 minutes on the bike for 11 miles, about 15 mph on average-- I was so proud, you guys! :) I've never maintained speed that high before. Tuesday night I was able to get in the Lunar Flow from Yoga Shakti.

Yesterday I had some stiffness in my Achilles' tendons, so I scaled back to mostly power walk on the treadmill for 2.3 miles, and went 1100 meters in the pool. Today is bike again for a half hour, then hopefully Push/Pull.

DH called a sleep clinic yesterday, hallelujah!!! ;-) I am really hoping that they can help with the snoring. Lately it has just been getting worse and worse. As a result, I am sleeping worse and worse, & am sure he isn't getting as much rest as he could, too! His mom has sleep apnea, so I've been concerned about his health also. Anyway, I am really optimistic. I can't remember the last time I slept without earplugs. :D

Lora - I am in awe with how you are physically able to keep going. My goodness, I keep thinking that those people you work with are just crazy, and then another story comes out-- and they just get even crazier!!! I really hope you are able to find a new job. I think I speak for us all when I say we're all worried about you with the stress & insomnia. I haven't subscribed to any yoga mags (yet) but I do like Body + Soul, and they often have good yoga articles.

Kel - Congrats to DH!!! My DH is on the same road, almost identical except he's been doing his 20 min on the bike. It's been great to see him taking time to take care of himself-- he's always taking care of everyone else around him! Anyway, I'm really happy for you!

Jill - Fantastic news about the internship!!! I am so excited for you!

Yve - Congrats on 8 years with DH! That is so great! You are so right about how time flies, DH & I have been together for almost 8 years too, married for 5. Crazy. It has gone by so incredibly fast. Here's to many more years together!!!

Jill - Good luck with everything going on with the IVF. We are all pulling for you and I know my thoughts & prayers go with you!

Carrie - I know everyone's already been singing the praises of Yoga Shakti to you, but it really is great! ;-) I really like how versatile the DVD is, and it's just visually stunning!

Ok, well, sounds like DD is waking up, so better get going! All the best to everyone! Happy Thursday! :7

Good morning everyone -

This morning was my last day of BBC for the week so I did Arms & Abs, followed by a little more than half of the Non-Treadmill Cardio (I ran out of time). Tomorrow is yoga & right now, I'm thinking about Cardio Dance Fusion. I've had that one for quite awhile now & never have tried it out, although I have previewed it & it looks pretty good. The only problem is that the full practice is 55 minutes long & it doesn't include shavasana. Instead, they sit it lotus or half lotus quietly so I guess I could lie down & do my own shavasana at that point. But the full practice is also so long that I'm not sure I'll have the time for it so I may end up doing something else. I'll let y'all know...

Lora - Great workout! Thanks so much for the shoulderstand advice. I do hold my hips up in the air with my hands but I guess I'm not really getting my arms far enough under me. So I need to do that while my legs & feet are resting above my head in plough? Hmmm... that makes sense. I'll use your tips next time I do it & let you know how it goes. Do you still use a blanket or not? The yoga mags I enjoy are Yoga Journal, Fit Yoga, & there's another one but I can't think of the name right now. I've never really gotten into Yoga International but I do have a link saved in my favorites on my computer. Hope things are going better for you at work & I hope you sleep better too.

Brighton - Great workout on Tuesday & I'm glad you were able to fit in some yoga too. Good workout yesterday too, in spite of your Achilles' tendons being stiff. Hope the stiffness is gone & you have a great workout today too. Glad to hear your DH is on the road to better health. It's tough because it's a lifestyle change. My DH really doesn't enjoy it like I do but he does enjoy seeing the scale move. Hope Lora's shoulderstand advice helps you out too!

Jill - Wonderful news about your internship! WooHoo! Glad you're feeling better too & I hope you enjoyed Push/Pull yesterday.

Yve - It's nice that you were able to fit in some time just for yourself to have your hair cut & colored. Sounds like you got in a nice long walk too. That's great! Congrats on the 8 years with your DH & I hope you enjoyed your dinner out last night.

Jen - Wow, what a workout last night! I would be so sore... in fact, I AM so sore today. A week of BBC always leaves me with major DOMS. The rotation you're doing sounds great. Which one is it again? Thanks for the update about your situation & please know that I'll be thinking about you & wishing you & your DH the very best as you go through all of this together.

Well, I guess that's it for now. Hope everyone has a great Friday-Eve & I'll try to peek back in this afternoon & see what else is going on. Take care!

Just saw my previous post, and noticed I wrote the IVF note to Jill, not Jen... Sorry, I really do know who is who!!! Oh, I am so ready for the weekend already.... :p

Hey again -

I just noticed that I said something wrong in my post too (& too late to edit). I meant to say that I would like to try out the YOGA Dance Fusion DVD tomorrow. The DVD is put out by Gaiam & the instructor is Patricia Moreno. Wasn't sure if anyone would have any idea what I was talking about or not so I thought I'd come bck & clarify.

Brighton - It's easy to mix names up even though we all know who we're talking about.:) I am soooo ready for the weekend too. Just one more day...:D

Home from work!! Yay!

Kel - Let me know about that DVD....as I've eyed it before. I just bought a new yoga DVD on Amazon this morning....Gentle Vinyasa Flow. Supposedly filmed in High Def on a beach.

Yve - congrats on the 8 years together. I missed that the other day. Do you feel like a Newlywed since you've only been married a short time, but have known each other longer?

Keep me posted on how everyone does in Shoulderstand. It really helped me. I couldn't even do it for the longest time!

Thanks for all of the understanding comments regarding my job and stress. You ladies are awesome and I'm lucky to have all of you.

Anyone preorder the new Kelly Coffey weight lifting DVD? www.coffeyfit.com I did yesterday!

Hi ladies,

Today I went to prenatal pilates. I also spent some time tidying up around here and catching up on laundry and ironing. Thanks to all for the good wishes re the anniversary. Even though we have been together for 8 yrs - I still feel like a newlywed cuz we only got married this summer. We didn't live together before - and I think this is why I am still on the high.

Lora - Great workout this morning - I don't know how you do it with so little sleep - and the pain that you deal with. You asked Jen about the prenatal vits- It is recommended that women take prenatal vits even when trying to conceive bc they help prevent birth defects.

Brighton - Wow - Another great workout day. Wonderful you were able to do lunar flow - so relaxing. I can sympathize re the snoring... my DH snores also - especially if he is super tired.... if I am asleep before him - it is ok... but if I wake in the middle of the night and he is snoring... then I may as well get up.... Hope all goes well for him at the sleep clinic.

Kel - Pls let us know how you like Cardio Dance Fusion. It sounds like a good one - and agree that I would do my own shavasana rather than sit in lotus.

Jenn - Congrats on your decision with the IVF... I hadn't ever heard of them 'taking over the cycle' with bcps either. You know I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Hi to Carrie and Jill.

Have a nice evening everyone.

Yve

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.