Trying to Fit Yoga in for Thurs Jan 17

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Turbo Jam Fat Blaster followed by part of KenpoX+. Workout was 55" and I burned 520 calories. I had difficulty getting my HR high. I did the TJ workout as it always kicks my HR up high ...usually to 166 in the intervals...but the highest it got was 150. Don't know if I'm just tired...need a day off or what. I've been stressed out at work. I've been having "off" cardio days for a while now.

Have great workouts everyone. I was running late yesterday and didn't have time to check in ...but I did P90X+ upper body and abs/core.

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone is having a good day.
I wasn't feeling well yesterday. I had to go and have the test for gestational diabetes - where they ask you to drink this orange liquid that tastes like orange crush. It put me off for the whole day! Things are better today though.

I am going to go downstairs to the gym and use the eliptical. Then I have to go out and do some errands. Tonight I will do Shiva's prenatal yoga.

Lora - Sorry that your work is still causing you stress. Perhaps a day off is what the doctor has ordered. Hope today is a better day.

Kel - Hope things are better at work. How nice that you bought yourself a new purse - and am envious that you are going to do Power Yoga for Happiness. I can't put much weight on my wrists anymore due to the carpal tunnel... but hope that you enjoy Eion. His dvd is so uplifting. Not sure if you saw the thread - but he will be running a workshop in Toronto. I so want to go - but feel that it will be too advanced for me when he does it.. I will be 8 mos in February. How nice that you enjoyed the baby shower. I am torn about having one.. my mom and sils want to throw one for me.. but I am a bit uncomfortable with it all. Glad you enjoyed the cake :)

Jill - Yikes - I didn't realize that it was so cold in Colorado. I know that it is ski country and all...but wow. That is tough. We usually have several cold spells in Ontario - but thankfull right now we are in a comfortable period. I so dread the windchill.
Hope also that you get some rest.

Brighton - Yes - I do like Body and Soul magazine. I used to subscribe bet let it run out. I should probably sign up again. How amazing that you have two little ones.. they are so close in age. Gosh that must be so much work! Hope they are back to their normal selves soon. Bronchitis is so draining.

Jen - So glad to see that you are feeling better. How is your DH doing with his flu? Will the two of you be getting back to your IVF appointments soon? I too hope that it all goes well for you. A friend of the family just had a baby using a surrogate. They used the married couple's egg and sperm - and implanted it in the surrogate. She was born during the holidays - and they are just thrilled. Modern medicine is amazing. Pls keep us posted. I've been thinking of you.

Hi Carrie if you check in later.

Have a great day ladies.
Yve

Hi everyone -

This morning, I did my final day of Cathe's 4DS for the week: HIS plus Chest & Back. I can match the weights she uses on most of her DVDs but I struggle with the weights she chooses for chest work on this one. I use 20s when she uses 25s & when she uses 30s, I use 25s. Of course, I still haven't even bought a pair of 30s but I really don't think I'm quite ready for them yet anyway so maybe I'll get some for my birthday in March. I'm hoping to be ready for them by then anyway.

Tomorrow is yoga day! Yay! Right now, I'm planning to do Power Yoga for Happiness Magically Hips (53 mins.) but if I don't have the time, I'll do the 40 minute practice. So do most of you have this one? If so, what's your favorite premix? Has anyone done the full routine? I've only done the 40 minute one so far & loved it but I'm not sure I'll ever have time for the full 90 minute practice.

Lora - Good to "see" you today! We missed you yesterday. Do you ever take rest days from working out? From what you post, it doesn't sound like you do but it just seems like you're so tired lately & maybe your body could use one... (?)

Yve - Sorry you didn't feel well yesterday & I hope that test turns out negative. That's very common during pregnancy, though. Sorry to make you envious of my yoga practice but you'll be doing all of your old routines again before you know it. Wouldn't it be cool to meet Eionn in person?!? I bet he's as sweet as he seems on tape. I can relate to feeling uncomfortable about the aby shower. In fact, my DH & I eloped for several important reasons but one minor one was simply so nobody would feel obligated to buy us anything. Enjoy your time on the elliptical!

Jill - Oh my goodness, it sounds brutally cold where you are! It's around freezing & we have about 3 inches of snow here today. I wonder if your brother & his new wife would consider packing me in a suitcase too? LOL. Hope you're feeling better today & feel like working out.

Brighton - Wowza! Your workouts are killer! How cool that you're going to compete/participate (not sure what the right word is) in a triathlon. When is it? Are you still able to fit in some yoga while you train too?

Jen - Thanks again for starting the thread yesterday. Hope you find the time to pop in later.

Carrie - Hi! Hope you have a chance to check in later too.

Well, it looks like I've gone a few minutes past lunchtime so I better get back to work for now. Hope everyone has a wonderful afternoon!

Hi ladies! Peeking in at lunch! DH and I had a sinful dinner last night. I ate sooo much food. We finished off dinner with GRILLED strawberry shortcake. It was one of the best desserts I have ever had. We sat by the window in the restaurant and watched the snow fall-it's the first snow Atlanta has seen in a couple of years. Very romantic! All the snow was melted by this morning and it was back to work again.

Lora-Glad you are back today! :) I can relate to the work stress-hang in there!

Yve-Funny that you mentioned the IVF. I am going to be really candid here and say that I am really on the fence about continuing. I really don't like the whole process and it brought a lot of additional stress in my life on top of what I already experience. I spent the holiday re-evaluating. I am just really torn. I did call the office today to find out "where we are" in the process, now that we finished our counseling appt and DH's dr visits. So, we are still slowly moving forward, to answer your question in a roundabout way. Thanks for asking and for thinking about me-I need all the positive vibes I can get right now. It helps me to keep revisiting this and talking it out. DH and I did a lot of that last night. He's really worried about any more time passing (so am I) and feels we can't be wishy-washy any longer. It's now or never........no pressure, right! :p He feels pretty sure if we don't do this, I will regret it later in life and I think he is right. I have been watching a lot of Baby Story episodes to get prepared. Do you watch any of those? (on Discovery or TLC I think) Are you getting nervious about labor yet? I know what you mean about baby showers-I would be hesitant about that, too-but then again your family just wants to spoil you during this special time in your life and you deserve it ;) so maybe give them a chance to throw you a little small informal something.

Have a great day ladies! No WO for me last night but I will BBL to report tonight's WO and catch up on the rest of the personals I missed.

Good afternoon, ladies!

Gonna be short & sweet today, DS was up in the night (bad dreams?) so I'm pretty exhausted. Managed to go 7.2 miles on the bike, but I am done for the day! Hope you are all well...

Lora - Echoing everyone else, hope you get the rest you need!
Yve - I hear you about that gestational diabetes drink... I was borderline with both my pregnancies so I learned to "love" the orange stuff.
Kel & Yve - Good to know you guys like Eion. I've been thinking about getting a couple of his DVDs...
Kel - My tri is the beginning of June-- just a sprint tri, I'm not an Ironman by any stretch of the imagination!!!-- 800 meter swim, 12 mile bike, 5K run. I thought it would be a "fun" way to break through the plateau I've kind of hit trying to get rid of the postpartum body. ;-) Trying to do some sort of yoga semi-regularly so I stay loose and avoid injury...
Jen - Sending positive vibrations your way! Hope & pray everything works out for you. Lol on the "Baby Story," I was glued to it with my first! :) ...and strawberry shortcake is sounding really good right now!
Hi to Carrie too!

Well, take care everyone-- hope to "see" you tomorrow!

Hey Ladies-

Just thought I'd pop in for a moment. Got off work a bit early today.

I just read about Tracey's new workouts coming soon on VF (Tracey Staehle).

They sound good.

You ladies are probably all right about a rest day, but the thick skull that I have and weight I need to lose....might keep me from doing this. I might try another "recovery workout" this Saturday and see how my cardio is the rest of the week. If it doesn't get better, I'll try taking my resting HR to see if it's elevated. If it's not, maybe I'm just being a slacker!

Although, I did fall asleep on the floor last night lying on my Elaine Petrone balls and my DH came down at 2:00 am (getting up for work) and I was still down there.........can you say exhausted??

I'm so worried about them not keeping me on this temporary job. They keep timing me with my work and telling me I need to pick up speed. My intuition says they aren't happy with me. I've been answering ads in the paper in the meantime just in case. Please pray for me.

Sorry, I haven't been around much and had much time for personals. Hopefully, I'll get back into the groove soon and back to normal.

2008 is bringing great things for us here at Fit by Tracey. Some very exciting new projects.

Kicking off the year and the series will be:

CoreBlast & Circuit Zone ? to be filmed in the next few weeks

CoreBlast is a 45 minute workout consisting of three 15 minute sections. We all know how I LOVE to work my ABS!!!! :) This workout is unique and quite wonderful.

Section 1 - 15 minutes of standing abdominal/core strength & conditioning moves. We will warm your body and tone your muscles. Be prepared to feel muscles you never knew were there and move your body in ways you didn?t think you could! I have a variety of moves that will strengthen your mid section and get you prepared for bathing suit season.
Section 2: 15 minutes of abdominal/core strength using Bosu OR Stability Ball (OR Modified on a bench). Think shredded 8-pak.
Section 3: 15 minutes of mat work to strengthen, tone & sculpt gorgeous abs - we will be on the mat doing moves for your middle that will bring your muscles to their mercy. There will be a little of everything on this one, pilates, traditional with a twist and some funky new ab moves!
Bonus: Surprise
A wonderful bonus will be included on this DVD - details on that to come. You will have options of choosing a short workout, a medium workout or a long workout. You will be able to mix it up and make your own workout - details to come.
Equipment needed: a mat , dumb bell, stabilty ball OR Bosu.
Equipment used (but not required): medicine ball, bosu, bench. This workout can be done beautifully with just a mat & a dumb bell - you decide how heavy you want to go - it?s your body.
Modifier - YES, for FORM & EQUIPMENT

Circuit Zone is up next. Circuit Zone is your bootcamp prep for StrikeZone! As you know, for the past 4 months we have been training really hard with Josef on our kickboxing form. He has designed circuit workouts for us to do to prep our body and our minds for the workout ahead. After having my own a_ _ kicked by Josef, I thought, why not share the fun with you guys!

Throughout my kickbox training I?ve been learning loads of new and interesting things and have become totally inspired for the upcoming workouts. You all had such great ideas and the beauty of a circuit routine is changing it up and offering options. My new filming structure allows me to be creative and do what I love and that is work hard and work smart. You requested:

athletic style training ? athletic cardio drills & strength drills
a kickboxing section
using the medicine ball
comprehensive advanced upper and lower body sections
boxing drills
l legged functional moves
heavier weight work & plyometrics
muscle building & cardio endurance
time-efficient, effective, moderate-to-heavy weight circuit that allows for a great TB w/o in less than an hour
several rounds of exercises allowing for each muscle group to rest between sets
plyo moves for lower body to ?burn? our the muscle
You may be sorry you had so many ideas because guess what? It?s all in this one!

It will be one workout that will be filmed in a way that will allow you the option on your DVD to do whatever style workout you desire. We have already tested this with my Walking Strong workout. We filmed that one with my Circuit workout in mind. We take the entire day and shoot all sorts of fun stuff. Then we edit it with unique and creative options to offer you the best of the best. Circuit Zone will be a workout, unlike anything you?ve seen or done.

You will be in charge of how hard you want to work. You will have the opportunity to take the Circuit Zone challenge - or not. It will be up to you when you have finished a segment, if you want to go for round 2 or move forward. This workout will be designed for whatever ?workout? mood you are in. If you are feeling like a cardio challenge, then you will want to choose the Cardio Bonus option after your Leg Rotation to add into your routine anyway you desire. You will have the option during your workout to add in additional sections or continue with the normal circuit.

If you are ready to step it up and get your body conditioned for agility, precision, coordination & strength ? leave your skirts at the door, and join in on the fun?

Equipment needed: dumb bells, tube/band, bench.
Equipment used: Versa Loop, Bench, Med Ball, Kettle Bell. Weight requirement is entirely up to you. This workout is full of options. If you want to go light one day, do it, if you want to work on strength and power that is there for you as well. Just feeling like blasting out some anaerobic moves, you can do that too. Want to take it kind of easy but still feel like you did some work? Also an option. Don?t feel like doing kickboxing, that?s ok too. You can use this workout however you like. I can assure you, each section is unique and will challenge you in one way or another! How long will it be? How ever long you want! You can do a 20, 30, 45, 60 or more - minute circuit. These options will all be there for you.
Modifier - YES, for FORM & EQUIPMENT

StrikeZone is up next to be filmed in February. I will post more information on this next week.

Steady State Step & Hi-Lo Med Ball - will be fimed in early March.
[Reply With Quote] [Quick reply to this message]

Hi ladies!
Just popped in again because I realized I forgot to say hi to Jill... I'm a Rocky Mountain girl, too, so I feel your pain-- although it sounds like it has been slightly warmer here. Anyway, hi!

Lora, for sure know my thoughts & prayers go with you. I hope things work out for the best. The workouts sound fun, too! Stay strong, we're all pulling for you!

Hi Gals-

sorry for the late check--my DH has been on vacation, so I don't get as much computer time when he is around. Ugh!

Today was kickboxing. I got my new yoga dvd, it's called kaballah yoga, I previewed it, looks pretty good. Does anyone have this one? It's called attainable advanced, whatever that means.

I will catch up with more personals tomorrow!
Carrie

Hi ladies, back again! I did IMAX 2, the 1-4 Premix. There are days when I am really thankful for premixes and this was one of them.

Carrie-I don't have that yoga DVD but I have heard of it and am very curious about it. Let us know how you like it and what the style is like. Just by the title it sounds like a really different type of practice.

Kel-We are right in the same place on strength. I am not up to 30s yet either but I keep telling myself I will buy some soon. So, my fellow weights-lover, when are you finally going to cave on the STS series? You know it's gonna' be good!

Brighton-Thanks for the positive thoughts! Wow, you did 7.2 miles on the bike and that's your workout when your tired?!? That's motivation! That is really cool about your upcoming sprint tri. I look forward to hearing more about your training. Is this your first one?

Lora-Thanks for posting all the Tracey info. She sounds like she has such a friendly personality....and her upcoming DVDs sound good. I really hope things work out for you on the job. Sounds like a really tough environment! I will be praying for you.

Have a great night everyone!

Hi ladies! I'm functioning a little better today...this week has been an absolute mess for me and has worn me ragged. And to top it off, I haven't been sleeping as well, which just makes matters worse. I seriously thought about stopping the lab work I'm doing because it's not required, but I decided for now to take tomorrow off from the lab to relax and have some tea with a friend after my class. I have 2 - 2 1/2 weeks left of lab work so this weekend, once I'm more rested, I can make a rational decision as to whether or not I want to continue till it's done.

I've been having a really hard time adjusting to my new schedule and my workouts are suffering, but at least I know it's a temporary thing. I didn't get my yoga in last night and planned to do power yoga this morning, but DH ended up sleeping on the couch and I could not really go down there and work out at 5:30 when he was just 5 stairs up from me (we have an open tri-level). But he also got warned that if he sleeps on the couch again he'll be woken up by my workout! I'm going to bed shortly after DD tonight so I can get a good night's sleep. And thankfully this weekend is a 3 day weekend!

Lora, sorry to hear about your work...I'll be praying for you! And you know, if you don't want to have a complete rest day, what about doing a restful yoga video? One of my friends who is a Tae Bo instructor asked Billy Blanks what to do because she was working out so hard, eating well, and had hit a plateau for a while. He told her to take an extra rest day and when she did, she started seeing results again!

Brighton, you're in Utah, right? I think that's what I saw on your profile. I live on the eastern side of the rockies, right on the edge of the plains. The foothills are about 5 miles west of me, and east of me stretches out on the plains.

Jen, snow in Atlanta? Wow! I remember when I was in 5th grade and we moved to Alabama after living in North Dakota. We had huge snowstorms and blizzards in north dakota and still went to school unless the roads were completely impassible...but in Alabama they cancelled school when they got something outrageous like less than an inch of snow. It was so funny to us! (not saying that you Atlantans are crazy like they were LOL;-) )

Yve, how did your test for GD go? Hopefully you're feeling better!

Kel, how is Eoin Finn in that video? Is he really chatty? I am so picky about my yoga videos...I prefer a more 'western' approach but I hate it when they are too chatty because I feel it keeps me from getting the relaxation from it, even if it is power yoga. That's why I can't do Bryan Kest or Baron Baptiste...they talk to much for me.

Carrie, I haven't done that one, either...be sure to let us know what you think!

I'm off for the night. Hopefully I'll sleep better tonight and have a good start to the day tomorrow. I feel so hurried on Tuesdays and Thursdays and I hope I get settled into a routine soon!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.