Trying to Fit Yoga in for Thurs Dec 27

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did the new Star Trainer's Cardio DVD I just got. I did Violet Zaki's Martial Arts one, Rob Glicks and part of Kendall Hogan's. I upped the intensity a bit with double timed moves and plyo, etc. Workout was 75" and I burned 722 calories. Still trying to burn some of my chocolate binge off.

I also did Back to Health Yoga for Low Back Pain 20" and Ravi & Ana's Dr. HOuse Call - Power Surge Warm up and the Immunity Invigorator session...as I'm still fighting this upper respiratory thing off. I've been sucking on Zinc lozenges all week. Have a horrid migraine...due to start.

Have a great day everyone

Hi Ladies,

Hope you all had a nice holiday - and that Santa was good to you.

Another snowy day here in T.O. I have to say - I am glad the holidays are almost over... I am so tired. Tired of visiting, going out, shopping, and most of all - eating!!! I want things to get back to normal.

I have not been exercising the last week - except for walking in the mall!! I did get my new dvds so I will try one today.. Maybe it will be Shiva.. Will check in later and let you know.

Have a nice day ladies.
Yve

Yve -- so good to hear from you....I've been babbling on this thread by myself for the last week. I'm back to normal eating today...as long as I can stay away from that bag of chocolate my Mom got me.....as I've been on a horrid chocolate binge...thus the reason for the mega cardio the last couple of days. I'm on the brink of starting TTOTM....so chocolate is always tempting! I'm mad cuz we have to go do Christmas at my DH's family's over the weekend! I really wish they'd do it on Christmas Eve instead, but that will never happen. What new DVDs did you get?

I got my Biggest Loser DVDs today and previewed a bit of the CArdio Max one. Bob Harper does the warmup, cooldown and a 20 minute cardio session and Jillian only does a 10 minute one. I just love love love Bob Harper.......and his tattoos don't hurt any!! LOL. Jillian looks like she bulked up a bit on this DVD. I can't stand that other instructor....Kim Lyons...but she does a kickbox segment that looks decent. By the way, I have WAY too many DVDS......they are taking over the house. Some day, I need to decide on my box of the ones I"m unsure of and try swapping some of them on VF.

I also have the Star Trainers on order and a couple yoga DVDs, as well as the new P90X+ which was my Christmas present.

Kel - are you out there?

Hi Jen !

Hi everyone -

Sorry I haven't been around... the holidays have really been taking a toll on me this year.. in more ways than one. Of course, I've been super busy with all of the family obligations but I also got a tummy bug that lasted for several days. I woke up with it in the middle of the night on Sunday & I'm just starting to feel like myself again today. Oh well... at least I didn't overeat on Christmas. I did some yoga on Friday (was I around that day or not? I can't remember) but didn't work out again until yesterday. I'm just doing shorter workouts & trying to get back into the swing of things again after the break & tummy bug. So yesterday, I did the HSTA cardio & upper body premix, adding the abs only (no planks) from SJP. This morning, I did the BC cardio & lower body premix, adding the abs from ME (again, no planks - just didn't feel like doing any) & a short yoga practice at the end. Unfortunately, the yoga didn't do much for me since I was feeling crabby for some reason (this may be TMI but I'm thinking it's the opposite problem from the tummy bug - the medicine tends to have that affect).

I have also been suffering from tension or cluster headaches again. I'm not really stressed about anything but I'm a tense person by heredity & nature... & I'm a major worryer too. I'd really like to get a deep tissue massage with the money I got for Christmas but I also want to get some platemates too so I'm a little torn. I'd like to try the tension headache practice off of the Yoga for Stress DVD with Barbara Benaugh too so maybe I'll give that a try & see how it goes.

So how was everyone's Christmas? Ours was just so-so. Oh it was nice, it just didn't really seem like Christmas this year for some reason. Of course, I got lots of wonderful gifts... but nothing that was on my list. I think my DH likes to surprise me by picking things out himself... & he really does a wonderful job too. I also think he prefers for me to just buy my fitness stuff myself since that's not really a surprise anyway.

Lora - So you're off work for the holidays? When do you go back? I usually have days to carry over but I used up all my vacation this year so I don't have even one day to spare. Of course, I'd love to take the day before New Year's off but I guess I'll just come in & be bored instead. Hopefully, they'll let us go early. Sounds like you got in a great workout & wonderful yoga practice this morning. Sorry you've had to talk to yourself for the past few days but thanks for keeping the check-in thread going!

Yve - So good to hear from you. I hope everything is going well for you & the "little one". I know what you mean about the eating & wanting things back to normal. I feel the same way. But I wish we would get some snow around here. It's in the 50s again now. Maybe that's why it didn't feel like Christmas this year. Looking forward to hearing what DVDs you got & which one you decide to do today. I have really enjoyed Yoga Shakti since I got it.

Jen - How are you doing? Are you still working a lot right now? I hope you enjoyed the holidays & hope to hear from you today!

Well, I guess I'm the one who's babbling now - LOL! So I guess I better go for now. I hope everyone has a great day & it's good to be back! Take care everyone...

Kel - good to hear from you. Sorry to hear you've been sick....but at least you haven't been indulging in chocolate like me!!

Jen - do you have the info to subscribe to M&F for Her???

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.