Trying To Fit Yoga In for Thurs Dec 21

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did 20 minutes of Shape Bikini Body Aerobics followed by Kelly Coffey's Step Boxing (75"). I also did the cardio weight portion of Stepboxing (since I'm not that sore from yesterday) and I did the ab portion without weights. I burned 460 calories. This is a fun workout.

If you ladies think Amy Bento's a wild woman during aerobics, you should see Kelly. She's pretty intense and moves very quickly. I have to really be "on my toes" to keep up with her. This is a very good cardio workout. I still can't figure out how the heck she does it on a higher step. I do it on my step lower. I would for sure fly off the step more than once if my step was higher. I only flew off once today.

I did Total Yoga Original last night (60"). It felt very good. I'm finding that I really enjoy yoga in the evenings. When I start working again, I might have to try and fit in more yoga at night. I ended up liking all of the other DVDs in the Total Yoga series after that Water one that I didn't like. Maybe I'll have to try the Water series one at night also and I'll find I like it also. So far, I've not found this series to be too difficult. The Fire one is the only one I have left to try and it is supposed to be the most difficult so we shall see. However, even though they aren't that difficult, I tend to like the sequencing of the poses on them so far. They have the twists, bends and forward folds and then the inversion right before the rest portion.

Okay, I really need to get a job. I'm getting too used to being home. I don't want to get used to being home cuz then it'll be double hard to go back to work. Did I mention how much I liked the lady that interviewed me the other day from Howard Hanna? I really liked her. We actually talked quite a bit about all sort of things (including her "gentleman friend" who is a doctor that I know from the other hospital I worked for a while ago. I only hope I get offered the job if it's the one God knows I'll be happy at and enjoy. Also, about the wage and looking for a better paying job, I wouldn't do that if I ended up getting this job, because she stated they don't want the person in that position to leave for a better paying job and if I give my word to someone, I like to keep my word.

I would have liked to get some yoga in this morning, but since I have to go to the grocery store, I didn't really have time. Maybe I'll try to do some later. I really should be adding Pilates into my workouts since I'm not working so that will be a goal for next week ...unless I get a job!). Have great workouts. I'll be around.

Karin - I know when I first posted my picture (Avatar), I wanted to take it down immediately cuz I couldn't stand looking at myself daily when I went to post. Diane Sue (from the Hardcore thread) talked me into keeping it and now I'm sed to it. RE: All Pump Extreme - I really like it. I've never done the entire thing. I either do legs or upper body and core. Yes, the entire thing is very long. It has several premixes but they are long also. I concversed with Amy once and metioned to her that some of us woul like shorter prmemixes next time and I also told her that a coupld of the premixes had incorrect times (as the Core work time was missing off of a cople Leg premixes). I really like Amy a lot and have a great deal of respect for her. She works a full-time day job, teaches fitness classes at night and is a nutritionist also. She does the videos as an extra curricular activity. She's got a really great personality also. I love her energy.

Jen - Re: Bento - see above. As far as comparing her to Jari Love, I haven't done enough of my Jari's to give a good comparison. I will have to do my new Jari Love one Ripped 1000 some day soon. I really don't like Jari that much. I can't get past the way she talks and "coddles" you -- for lack of a better word. All of that "you can do it"..."your doing something good for yoursel"....talk sort of gets to me. And then there's the fact her ribs are poking out of the TV at me!! LOL. I have to play my own music when I do her stuff, or I can't even get motivated. Amy has better music and a much better personality ...IMO! As far as comparing the workouts....off the top of my head, I'd say Amy's not as boring and Amy has a lot more variety of exercises and her own style, whereas, think Jari's workouts tend to be the tried and true, basic exercses. Amy puts a different, unique spin on moves and is very motivating without all of the coddle talk. I hope I didn't sound harsh....but I don't know how else to explain.

Regarding Astrology Signs - don't get me started girl! I'm a typical indecisive, self indulgent, peacemaker, analytical Libra! ...always weighing every situation from every angle and then never making a decision about it!! LOL.

I know you didn't ask me about Cardio Coach....but here's my 2 cents. (for what it's worth). I NEVER thought *moi* would be able to do an audio workout on an exercse machine to boot....but I really like Cardio Coach and that was a big suprise cuz usually I'm VERY picky about workout music and I find machines to be boring. Usually when I do a CC workout, I say to myself -- I'll do a hal hour of CC and 1/2 hour of _________(insert misc workout here), but Sean is so motivating that I always end up doing the entire Cardio Coach! I also like to use them with my Urban Rebounder and for the hills & Intervals, I use my Transfirmer Step and High Step. This works quite well.

Meg - I forgot to answer you yesterday about how I feel after doing Yoga in the evening..............I feel very relaxed. It feels good to breathe and stretch and also use a bit of effort.

ETA: You ladies will probably be happy when I start working again so my posts won't be *quite* so long! LOL.

I just set up another interview for Tuesday at a Law Firm Downtown (I'm really not thrilled with the thought of working Downtown). Right after that, I rec'd a call from Howard Hanna RealEstate and was offered the job for the Adm Asst. I told her I would call her back after I discussed with the DH. She wants me to start on Jan. 2....so I can still go for the interview on Tues. and hopefully they'll tell me the rate of pay is similar to what I was offered so this insane fighting between me and the DH can stop. I'm so upset because my DH doesn't know anything about the job (he didn't want to hear anything) and he says all I'm doing is settling for the first thing that comes along that sounds "easy" cuz I'm letting fear paralyze me. In reality....I prayed for this job to only be offered to me if I would be happy there and it would be a good job.

When I spoke with Gina (my new boss - maybe) she indicated that she will put it in writing that if I do well on the job, I can have a 50 cent raise in 6 months. She also told me there are annual raises. Gosh....I hope I don't take the job and my boss ends up being a royal Bit#$ and I'm working for peanuts and miserable. I'm scared and confused. I already sense major resentment from my DH beacuse of this situation. I'm rambling and not even making any sense.

I did yoga x so now I feel good. I can only tolerate about 20 mins of yoga, but P90X is 1 1/2 hours so the first half is the hardest for me. After that it gets fun.

Lora,

You know I am Scorpio. That speaks for itself. I don't need to say more. lol.

Charlotte~~

Lora – Wow, you were a calorie burning machine this morning. I have Kelly’s Get Ready Step Go and Shape of Things to Come. I really like her a lot. I don’t have her new workouts yet. I am interested in her A New You Coming, but I am not sure about the Step Boxing one. It seemed a little to fast for my tastes when I previewed it. Plus with my funky knee I am thinking of limiting aerobics and pivoty kind of stuff and sticking to cardio machines. Wow, thanks for all the Amy information. I didn’t realize that making fitness DVDs is essentially a hobby for her. She does a good job. I have her Hi/Lo Extreme which I haven’t been able to do yet, but am excited to try it. Good luck deciding about the job stuff. If you got the job in the law office how far of a commute is it to downtown? I really hate commuting. It is such a freakin’ waste of time. So, I understand not wanting to travel further than necessary. Also, I am excited for you to start a new job, but I love reading your long posts. They are so informative and inspiring.

Charlotte – 90 min of yoga! Wow, that’s a long time. Good job.

Hello to all the other yogis that frequent this thread. I hope that your day is going well.

Today we had off work again because of the blizzard. So, I spent 2 hours shoveling the snow out of my driveway. The weather dudes said that we got 28” of snow. It is a mess here. My parents were flying out from Philadelphia tomorrow to visit us for Christmas, but their flight is canceled because the Denver airport is closed until tomorrow at noon. I don’t know if they will even make it out here. It is kind of sad because we didn’t make any other plans and now I feel kind of pathetic. Oh well, I guess we will figure out something to do.

I am hoping that work is cancelled tomorrow too. I mean what is the point of going to work one day then being off for four more?

Besides the snow shoveling, I also did Jari Love’s Ripped to the Core for the first time. I actually really liked it. I didn’t think that I cared for compound exercises. For some reason they really irritate me in Cardio and Weights. Anyway, I like how they are in this DVD. They flow well and don’t feel awkward to me at all. I give this a thumbs up, plus it was only $5 at Ross.

Okay, I guess that is all for today. I haven’t done much except for shoveling, working out, eating, shopping online for new workout clothes, and feeling sorry for myself (the whole no parent’s coming to visit thing). I am going to watch some TV and lay around now. I am crossing my fingers for no work tomorrow.

Karin

Hi all! Tonight's WO was of the just getting through it so I can put it on the calendar variety. My a$$, shins, and calves are so sore from Kick Max yesterday! I didn't want to have 2 rest days this week, so I lowered my intensity and focused on choreography tonight. I did Step Blast but just repeated combo one three times. It's only the second time I have done the workout, so I still have lots of learning to do.

August-***hears whining and moaning***AWWWWWGGGGUUUUSSTTT****sees Jen's lower lip swell to gigantic proportions...come back soon-k? Or else I will glue your hands to your keyboard!!! :)

Lora-Who is the instructor on the Total Yoga series? Is there any music? Do you like it? That is such good news about the real estate job!! :) Look at that, you nailed that interview and obviously made a great impression! Even if you don't take it, that should make you feel really good! I hope your DH comes around. If you are happier and less stressed seems like he would be happy for you. As for the Pilates-I really love Ellen Barrett, but I know you like her and already have her stuff. Have you checked to see if she is coming out with anything new? Thanks for your input on the Cardio Coach WOs-I like the creative way you are using them (rebounder, transfirmer)-your workouts are always so interesting. BTW, (and this goes for everyone) please feel free to discuss anything I mention to someone else..I am just trying to make conversation with everyone...not trying to have exclusive conversations...jump in anytime :) !

Charlotte-So nice to have you on the thread today! Yoga X made you feel good.....:)....in fact, so good you are posting about it.....:).....watch out, we will convert you! How are you enjoying the rest of the P90X? Are you noticing major changes with it? I don't think I know many Scorpios-what are the personality traits associated with that sign?

Karin-****jumps out of the way of a snow plow, just in the nick of time**** ah ha! I knew I'd find you under all that snow! Denver is all over the news now, you must be covered! Good for you for going to the gym-you are committed.(or should be committed...ha ha hee hee! ) I picked Nothing Compares 2 U just because I liked it, even though it is a little sad. It reminds me of the many times I have had my heart broken...sigh....(reaches for yet another Christmas cookie). I am sure your alcohol & karaoke (they really do make a great pair) opportunity will present itself. My advice would be to pick a song you love and put your heart and soul in to it-even if you can't sing people will admire your spirit. ;) It's a beautiful thing, I swear! :) Thanks for the cardio coach info and aren't you sweet to offer to send one out! I'm not ready for it yet but I will take you up on that offer at some point. What a deal on the Jari DVD! What is Ross? I think we have them here, but I thought they were just a clothing store. Where did you order your workout clothes? What did you get? That's so exciting!

Megadoo-Miss ya'! Hope the boys are doing better soon! And hope you are staying healthy and flu-free!

Yve-Keep on chillaxin', girl!

Jen

OK, did my WO. I did B&G all the way thru. This one kicked my butt tonight (no pun intended). My abs were ON FIRE! I really felt this one and now I feel beat.

I am so tired tonight. Thinking my Sarcoidosis is acting up again, but hey what are ya gonna do. Work thru it like always! I am not letting it get me down, no way no how!

Char- nice to see you here! Have you done anymore Namaste? Probably hard to find time with your rotation.

Jen- I really like SB. Alot of fun. The boys seem to be slowly improving. I am holding strong for now, but they always seem to get me!

Karin- I am so sorry about your parents. I really hope they find a way to make it there. Such a bummer. I will be praying they can make it. I like SLim and Lean too. Somehting different. Sometimes I think her reps will never end. I am sure you got a good WO shoveling too!

Lora- good luck with your job endeavors. I hope the other interview goes well on Tues.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.