Trying to Fit Yoga in For Thurs 5-17

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Cardio Coach 4 and then extended the steady state phase at the end to extend it to a longer workout. I also added my own stretch at end. Cardio with stretch was 60" and I burned 389 calories. I also did Baron Baptiste's Unlocking Athletic Power yoga 30".

I've got another busy day. Grocery store, dentist, and meeting with the Social Worker later, as well as things to take care of at Mom's house. I have to admit that I'm a bit depressed that she hasn't progressed better so far. She still can't even move her leg or stand up and walk with the walker. She can only stand with the walker long enough to get to the toilet. She can't even roll onto her side in bed or get out of bed and into a chair yet. I guess I'm just anxious for her to get better.

Jen - I have that Target and Tone on VHS also. I had the Kacey Duke one but I think I just recently pitched it when cleaning. I like Kacey Duke. I have a couple of other workouts with her....one called Peak 10 with a model and other weight trainer guy and another one with a male model. I wish she'd make something current. I ate too many calories last night for dinner. I made a salad with dried cranberries, apples, cucumber, and a little over a serving of dressing and then I had a swiss cheese on wheat sandwich with a little bit too much cheese stacked on it!! Felt so guilty afterwards and still got hungry a couple hours later. Me and this freakin appetite!

Hi Kel

Yve - are you out there??

Have a great day ladies.

Hi ladies! Tonight's WO was Hardcore Kickbox Circuit. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, probably because I had two left feet learning the combinations. It was fairly short-45 minutes, which was great since my legs were still fatigued from yesterday. I liked the workout overall, so it will be tough to send it back to Netflix. I will probably keep it for another week to try it again. I need at least one more go to figure out whether or not it would be worth purchasing.

Lora-Your salad sounds wonderful! Can you tell I am hungry since I picked that out of your post first! :9 Don't worry about your appetite...I am sure you burn off what you eat and then some, especially with all the running around you are doing.

I can only imagine what a setback a pelvic fracture must be. I don't take my daily activies for granted, but I probably do not realize how critical certain areas are when you can't use them/rely on them due to injury. It is really tough to see someone struggle through the most basic activities. How did the meeting with the Social Worker go? I hope she was able to give some encouragement. I would not get too discouraged about your mom's progress just yet. It seems like her recovery would be pretty slow for awhile based on how serious her injury was. Hang in there-her recovery will undoubtedly be faster with you around! How are her spirits? Does she have any other family members coming to visit?

I heard Kacy Dukes was a really good trainer. Did you keep Peak 10?

Kel-Hope you had a good day! How was it? What workout did you do?

Have a great night everyone!

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.