Trying to Fit Yoga In for Sunday Sept 9

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did my Jillian Backside book circuit. I've been increasing my weights the last couple of workouts and I'm feeling it. Workout was 73" and I burned 435 calories, although my HRM is dying again and I only got a few readings in the beginning and then it quit working. I really need to get a new one....but no money yet. I'm gonna have to try and get these done quicker when I start work tomorrow.

Jen - my body's beat from these circuits. Starting tomorrow, I have 2 more week until the end! Then I'm going to do a recovery week and some different stuff (hopefully). I know crosstraining is important and when I said I don't like trying new stuff for fear of a "bad" workout, I was referring more to cardio/weight circuit workouts like the Firm, etc. and not feeling as if you didn't do enough weight work in the workout to amount to anything. I don't know why I always put off trying my different stuff though. You're making me want to try them soon though. I haven't done Bar Method all the way thru since I first got them. I mostly use the blasts as add ons, although I haven't been lately cuz I'm not allowed to go on my toes with my stress fracture. Hopefully, I'll be able to soon.

I'm starting to get really nervous about tomorrow. Don't know what to expect, nor do I know if I'm going to be able to hear my alarm and get ready in time....since I'm so spoiled from being off so long.

Have a great rest of the weekend.

ETA: Don't know where my head was at -- but I also did Perfect in 10 Stretch - Hips/back and upper body segment 10", Dharma Yoga (beach setting on this DVD is stunning), Energizing segment 20", Ravi & Ana's Dr. Yoga House Call - Inflammation segment 5", and Bye Bye Back Pain segment 10" followed by Fitness Fix Foam Roller Massage 15".

Hi ladies! I am going to work this morning for a little while. Should have gone yesterday, but just couldn't drag myself in there.

Lora-Great workout this morning! Sorry if that post sounded preachy yesterday-did not mean it to come across that way. I just happened to be thinking about the subject and you are very good at cross training, so it reminded me to bring it up because I felt myself slipping a little on the issue. Especially since I started out with so much yoga and pilates and now do so very little. It really hit home when those workouts were so hard to me when before I had really good balance. I also noticed it in the ending stretches-I really got into those last night and her DVD only offers you a glimpse of what deep stretching can do!

The first day on the job is almost always tough, just because it can be overwhelming. This is particularly true depending on how the job was left by the last person holding it and whether there will be considerable catch-up to do. I think you will do very well at this job. You have a lot of medical admin experience to draw on and you want to do a good job. You are certainly reliable-I can't believe the low number of days you have missed on your previous jobs despite the migraines and other medical issues you deal with. You are also a person that takes pride in their work. So, [font color=blue]you have a lot to offer the practice-just keep remembering that tomorrow [/font] and try to enjoy just being there and soaking it all in! :) The practice sounds very busy, and with that many reports-you may not even have the time to have first day jitters!

Have a great day! I will BBL after WO...[font color=magenta] after all, I am on a roll now![/font]

Back again! Tonight's WO was a 30 minute walk with Lenny followed by The Firm Fat Burning Workout. I am on the fence about this Firm workout. I didn't like it as much as the Bootcamp one. Some of the transitions (such as the change to front lunges) felt too fast and sorta awkward to me, but then again, I don't like front lunges so I could be quite biased. I really enjoyed the kickboxing segment. It too felt a little weird at first, but once I got it down I liked it a lot. [font color=mediumpurple]Overall, it was a good dose of much needed cardio.[/font] Lenny walks faster than my other dogs so I actually worked up a sweat walking with him. Wish I could get him out more on a regular basis. He has so much anxiety, it would work wonders for his behavior.

Have a great night!

[font color=green size=+2]**Good Luck on your first day, Lora!**[/font]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.