Trying to Fit Yoga In for Sunday Sept 16

lorajc

Cathlete
This morning I did my Jillian Circuit Backside. I used 6 pounds on my back for plank holds but could only hold 30 seconds and then did twisting planks without the weight. I did Cathe's stretch from Muscle Max. Workout was 1 hour 20 minutes and I burned 440 calories. These circuits are getting harder and longer. I may not have time to do the longer cardio intervals during the work week. It looks like they go up to 2 minute cardio intervals in the last week. My body is beat and I can't wait until I'm done with these!

I also did Yoga Fit Yoga for Cyclists - 35 minutes and added on Ravi and Ana's Diegestible You (10") from Yoga Quick Fixes.

I'm grateful that I don't have to do the job search thing today. That was getting so depressing on Sunday mornings.

Jen - I have never done the entire Squeeze workout. Some of the shoulder moves look a bit risky for my shoulders and not sure how to modify. Did you get sore from it? I like Tracey too. I wonder when she will make some new stuff. When did you set up your consult for IVF? That's exciting. I hope it works out for you and your DH.

Yve - I wasn't sure when you dropped out of site. I guess you were around longer than I thought. I ended up buying those power cords for my Reformer, but I haven't taken the time to get my Reformer out and figure out how to install them yet. Now that you're back...I'll have to snap to it...cuz I'll know you'll be doing Pilates and making me want to get back into it. I'll have to PM you for your address and such re: that Anusara DVD. The John Friend one I have is on VHS and it's called Yoga for Meditation. It's a very good flowing 45" session. Acacia has a new production called Peaceful Yoga and I've been eyeing it. I might buy it today, but I'm not sure. I wish I could find out more about it first. I usually like Acacia products, but I didn't really care for that one I did yesterday.

Christine - How was your party and dancing yesterday? That french tip mani sounds cool. You think Rodney's Athletic Yoga is a good stretch? I haven't done that in so long. I'll have to pull it out again.

Have a great day ladies.

Good Morning, Ladies! Popping in quick. Just got done cleaning a little. I am off to breakfast with DH and then we are going to make our usual grocery store run. I will BBL for more chatting today.

Have a great day!

Hi Ladies!

Today is 75 minutes of Flow Yoga at my gym with my favorite instructor. That will be nice. I’m feeling pretty beaten up from my run then the dancing, etc. I could use a good rejuvenating workout. The party was fun, too many teenagers though. It has become the “cool” place to hang out for high schoolers, and in trying to be cool, they can be pretty obnoxious. Oh well – if that’s the worst thing that happens this weekend, I’m doing well.

Lora – Wow, Jillian Circuits sound tough! Is that the Jillian from the Biggest Loser? She scares me. LOL. Glad you’re not job searching! Congrats on the new job!!!!! Yeah, I like Yoga for Athletes. It is a good stretch for me. It’s pretty basic. I have it on VHS and on DVD and gave the VHS version to one of the guys at work who has huge flexibility issues in his hips. He cannot even do a round house with any kind of height. He also has Achilles issues – I think the two are related. My nails are dark burgundy and sparkly at the tips. They’re fun.

Jen – enjoy breakfast! I did groceries yesterday and spent a small fortune. Ouch! I keep hearing about Squeeze – what is their focus? Everyone like them.

Yve – thanks for the nice welcome! I would love to have walking trails like that around. How wonderful! You should enjoy them!

Well, off to get ready for the gym! Enjoy your Sundays ladies!!!

OK, finally catching up on personals. Here's what I wanted to comment on (but didn't get the chance) from [font color=maroon]FRIDAY's posts[/font]:

[font color=purple]Lora[/font]-Yea on almost being done with Jillian's circuits! What is Afterburn and Turbulence Training? I will have to look those up. I have been meaning to ask you about Bosu. Do you consider it a good purchase? I have been reading about how good it is for more low impact training. Do you use it much for cardio? How often do you use it?

[font color=blue]Christine[/font]-When is your Eion Finn workout coming in? He has a lot of fans! I have not tried anything of his, so I am interested in your take on it. I like Baron Baptiste also! I do have to say I like Bryan Kest a lot, but could see for a number of reasons why someone would not feel the same.

[font color=coral]Yve[/font]-I am so happy for you and I am glad to hear that married life is dreamy. My 1st yr of marriage was rocky and not my favorite. My DH and I went through quite an adjustment period, especially considering we had lived together prior to the marriage and had dated for so long. It has gotten better and better with each passing year. I wish there was a way you could post your wedding pics! And Aruba.....ahhhh, gosh just the name conjures up images of paradise. Must have been an amazing place. What made you and DH chose it for you honeymoon? What did you do there? (besides the obvious :* honeymooning activity-LOL!) I am really sorry to hear about your car accident-how scary! Thank goodness for the yoga and pilates you were doing up to that point! I totally understand about adding a house to the mix of craziness you had going on for awhile there. Your condo sounds really cool. (Again, I will plead for pictures.) If I didn't have 3 dogs, I would go back to apartment living-only because I could actually keep it really clean. I can't seem to keep my house clean at all....not that it is the most important thing in life but it bugs me....BIG SSSSIIIIIGGGGHHHHHH. That is really neat about telecommuting. I didn't think there could be many downsides to that situation, but you raise some good points. What impresses me is that you have already found alternative ways to stay connected with people and make this situation work for you. I really admire that!

OK ladies...off to re-read Saturday's posts and will BB to catch up on that.

Back again after refreshing my memory on Saturday.

[font color=purple]Lora[/font]-oooohhh those nail colors sound dishy! I need some better nail polish colors and you are right, those sound perfect for fall. Yuk about the extended explanations on the Lotte's. Burr does enough talking, so I can't imagine more than that. Oh well...if they work as well I will get by! I wonder how Lotte feels about Burr considering Burr taught at her studio for one year then went out on her own? Re: IVF consult..thanks for the good luck..it's this coming Friday. It's a free 15 minute mini-consult so we still probably won't know much but will have an even better idea if they can help us....and at what cost. Re: BPAL-any idea how long it is taking for their shipments these days? Still feels like forever! :)

[font color=goldenrod]Christine[/font]-Wow, 8 miles this week! That's great! How long have you been a runner? I have just started to jog/walk for some variety. What are your best tips for someone just starting out?

[font color=crimson]Yve[/font]-Your walk sounded lovely. I am lucky enough to have trails and a park close by also. Re: birthday-of course I don't mind you asking-I will be 37. Re: heavy weights....LOL! Nope, nothing happened per se-I still love to lift heavy and go back to it from time to time. I guess it's just that Pilates and Yoga have been on the back burner so I thought I would bring them to the forefront. I have sorta had a talk with myself about what I believe it is to be truly strong....not just one dimensional strong...the way I was headed. I don't want to be strong just weights-wise-I want to be the whole picture of strength through cardio and flexibility too. Since my cardio and flexibility are at their weakest now-I have been trying to bring them back up to speed.

Back once more for today's posts:

[font color=purple]Lora[/font]-Oh my goodness 6 lbs on planks! That's already an increase over last week isn't it? Yep, I got sore from Squeeze, but not in the places I thought. It's a pleasant kind of soreness, too, not nearly as bad as heavy weights. And it's in places that I usually don't get worked very much-my waist and my lower back. I can tell a big difference in the core region today. Her full splits were pretty impressive though...makes me want to work up to doing those! I think I like the workout also because it reminds me a bit of those old Cindy Crawford workouts...just in how it was filmed...I have always liked the style and better production quality of those. Re: My Ravi and Ana workout from yesterday (Angel Tango Premix)...I actually enjoyed chanting along with them, but I thought the changing arm movements was really bizarre and a little uncomfortable...but I also remembered that Gurumukh had those movements illustrated throughout her book.

[font color=blue]Christine[/font]-Squeeze has a total body toning focus. Even though I read everything about it, I must not have retained a thing because for some reason, I was expecting it to be all lower body work. It is very low weight work and combines lots of small but intense moves with isometric holding to exhaustion. You are supposed to use a 10" playground ball for some of the lower body exercises. I went to Target and bought mine yesterday, but could only find an 8.5"-which worked fine anyway. The funny part is that I had to choose between some Disney motifs or Tigger....so now I have Tigger's face looking at me while I am doing that workout! LOL!

Hi ladies!

Just popping in really quick tonight but I'll be back tomorrow. Yesterday morning, I got up early & did Yoga Journal's Bending & Twisting Poses for Flexibility & paused the DVD several times to either add some poses or lengthen the stretches (since the DVD is only about 20 minutes long, including Savasanah). Then, it was off to the races... literally! I got to the park where the Dragon Boat Festival was being held around 8:30 & our first race was at 9:50. There were almost twice as many boats in this year's event as there were last year (the inaugural year) so the entire event was delayed. We ended up racing in our first heat a little after 10 & we came in a very close second. Our second race was around 2 & not only did we win but we beat the defending champs from last year! Of course, the event was about each team's time, not winning or losing each individual heat so when all was said & done, we didn't make it to the final 12. I'll have to check the website to see exactly where we finished but I know it was in the top 20 out of 52 teams. Not bad for only practicing 2 hours prior to the event, eh? Plus, it was an extremely cool & fun thing to do... & it benefited a great cause, the local Children's Hospital. There was also a photo in the paper of one of the heats this morning & it was our second race so I was able to find myself in the picture & that was really cool too.

Lora - So glad you don't have to do the job search thing any longer too. Sounds like you're looking forward to getting through this Jillian rotation too. What are you planning to do next?

Jen - You're chatty today & you sound so cheerful too! I hope you had a wonderful breakfast with your DH & I look forward to chatting with you more in the coming week.

Christine - Did you enjoy your yoga class today? I love taking live yoga classes but I don't have the opportunity very often. Like Jen, I don't have the Eionn Finn DVD but I really want to get it. You'll have to let us know what you think when you get it...

Yve - Sounds like things are really going great for you in married life. Good for you! We'll celebrate 19 years in November & I don't think I would change a thing. Looking forward to hearing more from you next week.

Well, I need to go for now. It's time to fix supper here. I hope everyone has a great Sunday evening & I'll "see" you next week.

Take care!

Back yet again. No wonder I don't get any house cleaning done. I am an internet (or at least Cathe site) addict. Anyway, tonight's WO was a 40 minute walk/jog. The weather was so nice. I started out late and it got dark on me...so that was kinda' scary but otherwise I had a great time.

Kel-Nice to see you here on a Sunday! [font color=blue]H[/font] [font color=red] u[/font] [font color=orange]r[/font][font color=green] r[/font] a[font color=purple] y [/font]for your Dragon Boat! So, now that it is all said and done will you do it again next year? Just curious, are the boats all decked out and stuff? What did your boat look like? Pretty cool to have your picture in the paper! Is it online anywhere? Were there any other festivities (or food) to partake in after the race was over? Glad you had a good time and it was a worthwhile event!

Have a great night ladies!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.