Trying To Fit Yoga in For Sunday Dec 30

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Spinning - Crank It Up interval spinning workout. Workout was 65" and I burned 563 calories. I also did Yoga Inside Out - The Healing Way 65".

This yoga workout is the new one from Amazon with Paula Tursi. It was okay. I fastforwarded thru a few of the sunsalutations and a couple standing poses to save time, as it was a 90 min DVD.

Have great workouts or rest days everyone. I don't want to go back to work tomorrow.......bummer!

Jill - welcome to the thread. I'm thrilled to have a new member. Our checkin is small and not everyone checks in every day (except for me), but these ladies here are the BEST and I truly mean that. I'd like to know who your fave yoga instructors are and what your favoritie DVDs are. Also, what are your favorite yoga poses?

Hi Jen and Kel!!

Anyone starting a new rotation for the New Year? I feel like I should but I still can't decide what I want to do! Ugh...what an indecisve little Libra I am!

Good morning :)

It's a rest day for me (Sundays always are). I posted the videos I've done on yesterday's thread and so far, from what I've done, I think my favorite instructor is Rodney Yee...his voice is so calm and he isn't 'chatty'. I think the reason I don't like the chattiness is because it's not calming for me to have to strain to pick out the next pose. I know I'm doing power yoga, but I still like feeling calm and relaxed afterwards. But I'm always looking for new stuff! Right now my favorite is Power Yoga Flexibility. I'm looking forward to doing Kristin McGee's Power Yoga, it looks really good.

For now, since I'm not really advanced with my yoga, my favorite poses are triangle and through the hole because they both really stretch areas that are tight on me. I want to be able to do crow pose!

You say you're a libra? I am too, and I TOTALLY hear you on the indecisiveness! DH will sometimes refuse to make a decision, just so I have to ;-) When is your birthday? Mine is Oct 21.

Jill - My birthday is October 7th and I'm also married to a Libra...Oct 11....so decision making around here is really bad when deciding what movie to go to. Yes, I love hip openers also. Some of my favorite DVDs are heavy on hip opening. I think anyone who tends to do a lot of cardio has tight hips....so those feel good on us. My fave instructors are Shiva Rea, Eion Finn, and Rainbeau Mars. My favorite practices are Rainbeau's Dusk and Dawn practices from her Yoga for Beauty collection, Shiva's Fluid Power and Yoga Shakti and Eion Finn's Power Yoga for Happiness. Lately, though, I've been getting into a bit more Hatha style yoga that doesn't flow quite as quickly as the power/vinyasa style. I just recovered from a stress fracture in my right foot over the Summer and during my recovery period, I wasn't allowed to do a lot of yoga that moved quickly and I discovered how much I now enjoy the Hatha ..slower type of yoga also. I have been liking the Namaste series on DVD cuz they are so short and easy to fit in in the evenings before bed and I've also been into Classical Stretch lately. Have you read about Classical Stretch on the Open Discussion Forum?

I've heard on the forum that Eion Finn's Power Yoga for Happiness is really good and I've seen Classical Stretch mentioned but not really read anything more about it.

I want my January rotation to focus primarily on power yoga, with a little bit of Tae Bo band work and a short step workout thrown in. I think that when I go back to using weights in my rotation I will look at more half hour videos to do at the end of the day or something. I'll have to check out Rainbeau's Dusk and Dawn practices later. Are there any shorter Hatha style yoga videos that you can recommend? *duh* I just reread your sentence about Namaste yoga...I'll have to look into that.

Lora, I just checked out Classical Stretch and I found out it will be on my PBS station at 5:30 tomorrow morning so I think I'm going to try that!

Hi Ladies,

I went to pilates this morning - and thankfully we concentrated on doing feltengrais again... I really need these deep stretches these days.

I went to the mall today to buy my nephew a b-day gift - He is a New Years baby - and we always celebrate NY's day with my brother's family. I also wanted to buy some shoes - as the little bean has caused my feet to go up almost a size!! I didn't find anything that would be comfy to walk around with... Oh well - I will keep looking.

Have a nice evening ladies.

Yve

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.