Trying to Fit Yoga In for Sunday April 27

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies - if anyone's around

This morning I did Cardio Coach 1 on the Treadmill on the 2nd incline and then I put on my 8 lb weight vest, put the treadmill on the 3rd incline and did Candace's Walk Fit. Workout with cool/down & stretch was 62" and I burned 552 calories. I did all of the level 3 intervals in CC at about a 4 and got my HR up in the 160's which is pretty good for me. When I put that weight vest on to do the walking portion....my legs felt like lead. Didn't think I'd make it thru, but I did.

I also did the Stability Ball segment of Tracey's CoreBlast and then did Spinervals Flexible Warrior for Runners & Swimmers.

I'm really trying to cut back on my food intake to lose weight, but I'm PMSing and it hasn't been easy so far.

I think we're going to see that movie Deception today since we have free movie passes.

Got my new Tracey's - Core Blast & Circuit Zone - I previewed Tracey's Circuit workout. It looks good. I'm going to do it tomorrow. Not much "straight cardio" in it....more like plyo leg segments and the warmup is kickboxing. The end is the foam roller massage. I'll probably have to do a premix tomorrow that is shorter cuz the entire workout is 70" and I'm not sure I'll have that much time before work...especially on the first run thru...as it usually takes me longer fumbling with equipment. It uses the foam roller, Bosu, step, ankle band and a Kettlebell is optional...but it only looks like she does pullovers with it.

Jen - How exciting! I have a million questions. Are they sure you're pregnant or do you have to wait for second test? Are IVF pregnancies higher risk than regular? or once your pregnant.....that's it and it's a normal low-risk pregnancy? Also, I can't remember what option you guys had to end up doing. Is this child 100% yours....your DH was the donor, etc. I know they had discussed various options with you, but I can't remember which one they tried first. Boy .....I bet this will be the best money you ever spent! I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to hear more and be here for you during your pregnancy. What an exciting time of your life this will be. Is your husband crazy excited too?

RE: the soreness and workouts. I think those Action Hero workouts are making me sore and also I've been going really heavy with my weights lately. I think that Tae Bo with the hand weights topped the soreness off. I think I've pretty much settled down from getting too much DOMS from Kettlebells....except for my inner thighs and upper legs. The problem with KB's is that if I go heavier on all of those snatches and presses, my shoulders bother me....so I'm not sure what to do about that. I can't increase by just a pound or 2 cuz my Platemates won't stay on the KB's when I'm swinging them....so I have to make that 5 lb jump and with my bad shoulders, that's hard. And yes, you are correct.....I hardly ever get sore....so I get pretty excited when I do get DOMS. I hope you don't mind all of my "personal" questions above. (PS - if you are pregnant...you're gonna have to not let that job stress get to you! How long will you take off for pregnancy leave? Are you planning on going back to work after having the baby?)

Have a great day everyone.

Hi ladies! Well I did not get *back on track* today in terms of my workouts, but there's always tomorrow. DH & I went to see Baby Mama and it was pretty funny! :)

Lora-Those new Tracey's sound good! I think I would like the circuit one. I keep meaning to pop over to her website and take a look. Nope, no waiting for a second test. The first one is the confirmation. The second test (and many more to come) are just confirmations that the embryo is still growing, since the greatest risk of miscarriage is in the first trimester. The risk part comes in with being in the "advanced maternal age" category and you are also considered high risk if you are carrying multiples (WAY too soon to tell if I am or not). The procedure was an IUI instead of an IVF, since I never had enough eggs to qualify for an IVF cycle. We had to use a sperm donor due to both of our infertility issues, so I am the biological tie to the baby-but it will be DH on the birth certificate and he is legally the father of the baby. I thought I might have mixed feelings when I found out I was pregnant because we so wanted it to be a combination of each other, but I haven't been sad (actually felt nothing but excitement) since the moment the pregnancy test was positive. DH is not "crazy excited" yet, but a lot of men are that way because they feel a little left out of the process at this point. They get excited when they have a little face that smiles back at them and responds to them. But, he is already planning lots of things and mentions the baby often so I think he is excited in his own way. Thanks for saying that you look forward to hearing more and being there for me during this time--that is really, really sweet! I appreciate it very much!

Have a great night everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.