Trying to Fit Yoga In for Sunday April 20

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies - If anyone's around today

This morning I did Women's Health Workout for Your Body Type - HIIT cardio section (part on the Rebounder) 27" followed by Candace's Fit Is It Walking Level 2 (part of). I wore my weighted vest with 8 pounds of weight for the walking workout and put the treadmill on the highest incline. I did my own stretch. Workout was 69" and I burned 627 calories.

As I thought, wearing the vest does distribute the weight all over your body and feels different than holding hand weights.....and also as I thought, the vest was very warm!! It also scratched up my biceps ....but for the price...I guess that's the worst of it. I took the vest off for the last 4 minutes of the workout and there was a noticeable drop in my HR. I really felt this in my legs/butt wearing the vest and during the interval fast walking, my HR elevated to around 154 which is pushing about 82-84% of my max HR. Not bad for a low impact walking workout. Exactly what I aimed to accomplish.

I also did my new Shiva Rea's Flow Yoga for Beginners. I did all but the Foundation Flow segment. Boy....this really was geared for beginners. She spends a lot of time getting into poses. I was fast forwarding and just going into the poses. I liked the Backbend segment and Flexibility Segments...but the other segments were not that great. All in all, if I do those 2 segments together -- I should be able to get in a decent half hour yoga session...so I'll probably keep it cuz it IS Shiva.

Have great workouts or rest days everyone. Off to eat my grapenuts and then hit the bath tub. We're going to see a stupid movie at the $1 theatre today.

Brookie's up and around today....but boy does her surgery site look sore. Poor little thing. I hate putting my cats thru this stuff....but it need to be done...the poor little confused kitty!! Now she's all girl kitty!

Hi ladies! Yesterday's WO was Crunch Supercharged Kickboxing Party followed by the Blast section of Kick Max (modified to low impact) and 15 mins of Abs (segment 1) of Abs & Buns of Steel. I have some good butt DOMS from the cardio and blasts in yesterday's WO. I really enjoyed the Crunch workout (rented from Netflix). I did n't get all the steps since it was the first time through, but it wasn't as hard to follow as I thought it would be and the dance portions were actually doable! I got a great sweat for an intermediate level workout. Not sure what's on tap for today since I have lots of chores to do, but I will definately get in cardio if nothing else.

Lenny is a much improved dog already! I can't believe the difference just one treatment makes in his personality and appetite.

Lora-Poor Brookie (and mommy)! Hope she recovers quickly! That's good info about the walking vest...I have seen those used more and more but always wondered if they had that great of a benefit.

Gotta' get back to the laundry! I will BBL to report today's WO

Have a great day everyone!

Hi ladies! Tonight's WO was BBC Shoulders and Back. I just realized that I didn't do any upper body last week at all. Oops! It was pretty weather here today, but slightly windy and chilly, so I didn't get out for any cardio.

Have a great evening everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.