Trying to Fit Yoga In for Saturday Nov 24

lorajc

Cathlete
I ended up doing Petra Kolber's Step Moves - New Grooves. Workout was 60" and I burned 540 calories. This was a lower impact step workout that I really had to put a lot of effort into to get my HR up. It stayed pretty much 75% of max ...steady state. The coreography was taught very well and taught very much like Rebecca Small's ....layers and well cued. I followed pretty well but got tripped up a few times, but it took a LOT of concentration. IT was fun though and now I've found another instructor I like. If her and Rebecca didn't go to the same school -- then one of them learned their step style from the other one. The only thing Petra does differently than Rebecca is that she doesn't count and I found myself counting the more difficult step combos. This will be a good workout for easy days. Petra even does the Elvis move that is a singature of Rebecca's......and I love Rebecca's Elvis'. I think Petra is more serious than Rebecca and Rebecca has a more fun personality though.

I also did Gentle Flow Yoga with STephanie Keach. ONly my second time doing this one and I don't know where my head was at last time I did this...but I enjoyed it thoroughly today. She holds poses for a long time and it does a lot of spinal twists, hip opening, etc. and is very relaxing............and I'm really becoming a yoga slouch....haven't done a difficult practice since before my stress fracture!

Have great workouts everyone. Usually Saturday movie and such for us today. I need to try to make some money selling my oils too....as the recent flurry of BPAL updates mutilated my stash of money and Paypal accounts.

Hi ladies! No WO for me yesterday and probably not one for today...we'll see. Basically I am enjoying my time off from work and just really taking it easy. Eating what I want and taking a break from working out. I am just going to consider this week a rest week. Fitness is now a life long journey for me, so I am not stressed about this week at all. I have actually read 3 books already and will start on a 4th today. Also, I have been catching up on old TV shows with DH, watching silly movies, and taking naps on the couch with the puppies. We are having a great time together!

Lora-That's a great review of Petra's DVD! Sounds like a good workout. I also like how you compared her to Rebecca. I really love Petra's personality and taped some of her workouts from FitTV. I have also rented a couple from Netflix. I didn't click with her teaching style and thought her cueing left a bit to be desired, but to be fair, I only gave her workouts the once through treatment before discontinuing.

Hi to Yve if you check in later! :)

Have a great night ladies. I may BBL if I decide to do something besides being a couch potato! :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.