Trying to Fit Yoga in For Sat Sept 22

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Peaceful Yoga and that's it. Yes, a rest day for me. I overslept and am not feeling well. Yesterday I did my Jillian weight circuit. (sorry I did not start the check in yesterday, as I was running late for work).

Yesterday afternoon, I was called into the Office Manager's office and informed that I was no longer needed to work there since the other girl decided to stay and there wasn't enough work for all of us. She said she was happy with my work though ...which really doesn't matter...cuz I still don't have a job. So, I'm jobless again. I can't believe this and it is devestating! I'm so upset cuz I actually would have had a few other interviews to go on if I'd known I didn't have a job.

Hi ladies! I did end up working out last night. I did Yoga Booty Ballet sculpt, which has a 20 minute light weight, high rep toning portion (this was harder than I thought it would be) and a 20 min yoga segment. Felt good and glad I did it.

Lora-(((((HUGS)))) I am sorry to hear this. I can't believe the girl decided to stay. I have a million questions about how this was handled on the employer's end, but I guess it doesn't really matter. What a roller coaster you have been on! At least jobs will be more plentiful with the holidays rapidly approaching. You must be beyond frustrated with this situation. I wish you the best of luck as your renew your job search.

I will BBL! Have a great day and great workouts!

Lora - That sucks!!! That is so totally not fair. I'm sorry to hear it. I hope you find a much better one soon! {{{{HUGS}}}}

Jen - Good job on the workout last night!

DH is home - they think it was just a reaction to the medications as his heart is very healthy and there was no clot. Thank heavens. He's still asleep, but I hear him stirring - 13 hours - but he needed it. Today is my long run - 9 miles today. ICK! My eating has been so bad with the hospital situation that I'm going to feel like a lumbering Elephant! I'll follow it with 20-30 minutes of Yoga. Not sure which one yet. Probably Yoga for flexibility.

Christine-So glad that your DH is much better. Enjoy your run today! Where do you do your running...and how on earth are you able to stay out that long? I feel like I need a potty break after about 45 minutes. How long will it take you to complete 9 miles?

Hi Ladies,

Just a quickie today -as I have to dash and get ready for a family wedding this afternoon.

Lora - I am so sorry that you are going through this again. That is so unfair... Were you hired on contract or as an employee? In Canada - it is illegal to hire someone FT and then let them go for the reasons you describe. The employer is obligated to find the new employee a new job within the company - or to pay proper severance.

Christine - so glad to hear your DH is home. I hope that he rests and has a speedy recovery.

Jen - How do you like the YBB series? I know you have been doing them for a while. I saw the set on sale at Linens and Things for $50 - and was toying with the idea of buying it.

Hello Kel if you check in later.

Have a great day ladies.

Yve

Yve-I really like the YBB series. I prefer the older, outdoorsy series to the newest Live series. My favories are (1) the original workout, (2) Light N Easy and Latin Flavor from the Live Series, and (3) Goddess Booty from the Masters Series. I still have not done AM Latte or Pajama time from the Masters series. I think these could get me over my fear (or allergy-LOL) of early morning workouts. (And I could also see using some of these during pregnancy.) I am just a sucker for outdoor scenery. The girls are so fun, but they are also pretty campy, but if you are prepared for that you can really get into them. They are great for light days....although if you are really putting effort into the workouts, you will sweat and they can seem semi-intense....you just don't realize it until they are over since it is low impact. They do a lot of kundalini-type moves and include mantras and affirmations that can sound cheesy if they hit you on the wrong day. There are some days I need that kind of reminder and nurturing, more girlie-girl type days and they fit the bill. They are all in all a very relaxing series and they really are fun...especially for people like me who take themselves way too seriously at times! The music is nice and can be quite upbeat at times-in a sort of live drumming/new age beat kind of way. Lora can probably elaborate on this a little better than what I am doing. I hope you have a nice time at your wedding today and that it brings you fond memories of your recent happy occasion! :)

Back again! Tonight's WO was Power Hour. I was able to increase weights everywhere except...you guessed it...biceps. What gives about that?!? Anywho....I followed PH with Kathy Smith's New Yoga Intermediate workout. I skipped the sun salutes (was already plenty warm) and did the standing poses and the finishing poses along with the relaxation. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. Felt good. Another late night workout but hopefully with the yoga I will sleep well. I put all my workouts on a spreadsheet today and counted 153, not including some Oxygen channel yoga and FitTV All Star workouts I have recorded. I did include the Barry's Bootcamp and Barnes and Noble DVDs I ordered but have not yet arrived...but wait...I did not include the Cathe's about to arrive!! LOL! :) About 20 are VHS, the rest are DVDs. I don't even want to know how much $$$$ that represents. It's a worth it investment, right?!?

Have a great night yoginis!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.