Trying to Fit Yoga in for Sat Sept 15

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

Next week, I will be trying to do a rest day on Saturdays since I'm back to work now and busy on Saturdays.....but couldn't do it this week cuz my hands were in that candy jar too much at work!....so I did Michael Olajide's Trainer's Edge - Killer Back and Abs - Boxing segment followed by The Firm Cardio Inferno. Hardly used the Rebounder, but had my boot on. It wasn't a very intense workout cuz of my foot, although I did try some jumping in the boot a bit to see how my foot handled it. Cardio was 45" and I burned 290 calories. Yes, the HRM decided to work today...got the button unstuck for the moment. I also did Yoga to the Rescue Head to Toe 56".

This yoga DVD was by Desiree Rumbaugh and she is an Anusara teacher. It was more like a stretch DVD with some yoga poses. It was not what I expected. I will have to try it again. So far, the John Friend Anusara practice is still my fave.

This coming week is the last week of my book circuits!! Yay! Then I will probably do some functional fitness and hopefully some Squeeze legs and unique stuff to try to crosstrain my body before continuing on to my next rotation.

I just bought a bunch of dark nail coulors for Fall.....OPI's Russian Navy, Ink, Midnight in Moscow, etc. They are deep deep blue blacks and black red's, as well as Creative Nail's Rock Royalty ....dark purple and a graphite colour. I love this time of year for the deep nail coulours!

Yve - Welcome Back. I asked about you for the longest time and was worried that something might have happened to you and then I thought that perhaps you had gotten busy due to getting married, etc. Good to have you back. I'm not sure when you dropped out of site, but my dear Pandora died back in February (I think it was) and we got a new kitty, Brooklyn.....but she's probably about 9 months old now and is not little any more! I remember discussing Pandora with you ...but I wasn't sure if you were around when she passed. As you may or may not have noticed....I have been unemployed since last December when I was bumped out of my job in the hospital. I just FINALLY got a job this week and it was my first week back....so my life's been hectic. I also wanted to know if you wanted this DVD, Aligning the Upper Body with Lauren Mones. It's the Anusara practice I bought a while back and I don't really use it that much. I'd sell it to you for $10 which is half of what I paid for it. Let me know if you'd want it. So....married life is dreamy??? Lord, help me...........(just kidding). Yikes....you're still in the honeymoon phase! I don't even remember those days!!! It will be 20 years in May for us. Glad you are enjoying your new condo.

Christine - welcome......but I know you from the other check in you used to belong to. Would love to have you here! Your rotation sounds great.

Kel - I hope your FIL ends up being okay. That is stressful to go thru. Yes, made it thru my first week. The girl training me quit telling me I was doing a good job. The first day she told the office manager and then she made a comment that I was going to take her job away from her and she hasn't said I was doing good since. I don't think she is the type of person that wants anyone to "outshine" her if you know what I mean. She's a freak anyway and comes in early every day and works thru lunch and at 48, I have no desire to do that! LOL.

Jen - the Lotte's have a tiring amount of explanation before each move (for proper form, etc) and they are shorter than the Bar Method. I'm not sure if Burr takes as much time explaining stuff. I can't remember. You'll probably want to do the entire Lotte practice and add the bonus blast on the end for a better session or else do 2 of them back to back. I'll be interested to see what you think.

Well, gotta run....got tons to do around here. I'll be around later.

Hi ladies! I am going to work this morning. :( I just have so much that I can't seem to get done during the week. I am taking DH with me and treating him to breakfast. I am going to try to go by Target on the way home to pick up that playground ball I need for Squeeze. I really want to try that one out today! Forgot to tell you that we went ahead and set up a mini-consult with the IVF doc for next Friday. We decided we need to go ahead with some steps in the right direction at this point. After the seminar, my upcoming January birthday really started weighing on me.

Have a great day! I will BBL later for personals.

Hi Ladies!

Thanks for the warm welcome! Today is a long run (8 miles this week) followed by half an hour of yoga – not sure which one – probably Yee’s Yoga for Athletes as it’s such a nice stretch. Busy day – after the run, I have to get my nails done, then go grocery shopping, then it’s home for a Street Dance in a local town – they close the main street have food stalls, wine and beer stalls from the local wineries, and bands – you go, eat and dance. It’s always fun and we’re meeting my ex-boss and his wife who are a hoot.

Lora – of course I remember you from a previous check out! You always had some great yoga suggestions, and I never listened because yoga was not something I was interested in then, but I am now, thankfully, and I look forward to your sage advice. Your nail colors sound gorgeous! I’ll probably get a French tip in a burgundy and have my toes painted to match.

Jennifer – Sorry you have to work today! But the breakfast with DH sounds wonderful! I look forward to really getting to know you!

Good afternoon ladies,

Today was a 1 hr walk. We have these lovely walking trails nearby - and I just can't resist taking them. The weather today was very crisp and fall-like.... I actually needed a jacket - even while wearing long sleeves on the inside.

Lora - Thank you for the welcome back.. and I am so sorry that I worried you. I can't tell you what an overwhelming time it was... family issues going on..sibling rivalry (on DH's side - long story) being busy at work - I honestly didn't stop for a break until I got to Aruba!
I think that I dropped off around early spring time... I knew about Pandora and also about little Brooklyn.... and how she would watch you rebound and do your cardio in amazement....Also about your job - and you went to Vegas at some point too....You sent me the Alchemy Oils (thank you again) sometime in the spring - and they are amazing.
Thank you for the offer to sell the Anusara dvd. I would love to buy it. Congratulations on your new job - that is great news... it has been a very long haul for you - to say the least.
Lol re your comments on the honeymoon phase.
Which John Friend DVD do you have? I love the deep fall colours for nails also... but don't have the steady hands required to do them myself.

Jen - Bummer that you have to work today - but nice that you and DH are having a breakfast date. Also - congrats and best wishes on your decision to pursue the IVF. You mentioned your January bday - What age will you be in Jan - if you don't mind me asking. I just turned 39. I was scheduled to have a consult too.
Am curious - as I noticed that you have been using lighter weights lately.... is there any reason - that I missed while I was gone - or is it that you are just taking a break from the heavy weights... I know you used to lift quite heavy.... 8's are still heavy for me though :0 - lol.

Christine - Hello - and have fun at the street festival this evening. It sounds like an amazing fun time.. Enjoy your manicure.

Kel- Hope you are having a good day - and your FIL is continuing to improve. Hope you had a nice dinner out last night.

Well - am off to nephew's bday party.

Have a nice evening everyone.

Yve

Hi ladies! Just popping back on for a minute. Just finished my workout, Squeeze! Good lawd that was a toughie! I enjoyed it though. I liked the music, the production, instructor, set....everything. I never thought I would say this, but I think I need to purchase some 2 lb weights. I tried to do the workout with 3's and it was too hard! I followed the workout with Dance the Chakras Angel Tango premix. It had lots of free flowing movements to it, which made me sort of uncomfortable...because I didn't know what to do. I still got a lot out of it and will elaborate on that at another time...it's late and I am ready to fall into bed. Sorry I did not get to the personals I was hoping for...but there's always tomorrow.

Have a great night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.