Trying to Fit Yoga In for Sat Nov 25

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning - no rest day, as I'm still hoping I"m going to the concert Monday night and if so, Tuesday will be a rest day (supposed to go to a Buckcherry concert with the DH, but he's backing out and won't let me go alone), as all I'll have time to do is get ready for work in the AM.

I did TurboJam Kickin' Core. I kept my HR at the high end the entire workout - mid 150's to low 160's. I had a lot of fun. I really like this workout a lot. You do a Turbo (interval) right before you start the standing core work - so no time is wasted -- you use the standing corework as your cooldown - my HR stayed elevated into the 130's during the corework and then she takes you down to the ball for more ab/back work. I wasn't playin' today - cuz I want sore abs!! so I used my 8 pound med ball. Now I just have to figure out how to add more intensity to the standing part. She uses the Swiss Ball and I think if you used a med ball for weight....I don't know if it would take away from the wide reach of the arms and make a difference.???
I burned 360 calories in 45 minutes.

I also did Baron Baptiste Journey into Power Volume 2 (45"). This was an okay workout. I'm trying to branch out and use different practices since I always reach for the same ones over and over. I felt like I needed an additional stretch, but my DH wants me to be ready to go early today, so I stopped after the yoga. I did do a few splits at the end of my practice to get an extra strech in my legs. (August - you've got me practicing cuz now you've got me determined to be able to hit the floor!). I didn't really care for the music on this Baron DVD....most parts of the practice, it was nonexistant. Next time I can use the music off version and play my Yoga Shakti soundtrack or my soundtrack from Rainbeau Mars Dusk series ....since that has arrived now. Down dog was used a lot in this practice and my sinuses are horrid. I'm on an antibiotic for a current infection.....you know me and all of my sinus problems!!

I did fit in a bit of Kundalini last night. (you ladies are going to get a good laugh out of this one). I did the 30 minute premix from Yoga Bliss Hips with Ravi/Ana - about 20 minutes into the workout - we did child's pose and rested...........I woke up about 20 minutes later with the DVD running and never finished the practice cuz it was late and I thought maybe I should go to bed - since I was obviously tired!!! LOL! I doubt I'll be able to do any Kundalini today, as I have E-bay business to take care of and loads of other stuff to do.

My DH & I went to the Mall after I got out of work yesterday and knocked out almost all of our Christmas shopping (we don't mess around). I got a pair of Doc Martens on sale at Dillards for $39.99 and a pair of pink Converse tennis shoes to wear with jeans (they're funky - I likes them). I also got a hoodie from Buckle (my favorite store) and a pair of low rise BKE Star Jeans from Buckle. That's about it for me this year -- I'm getting athletic shoes and I'm done.

August - your DVD is packed up and ready to go. I'll be sending it out Tuesday. How long will it take to reach Japan?

Have a great day everyone. I'll be back in a bit.

Morning, all! ...(skipping around computer)....it's almost yoga week :)...it's almost yoga week :)...(skipping around computer...has to stop skipping and begins panting to catch breath)....Better put in a cardio rotation real soon!

BBL after WO! Have a great one!

Jen

Jennifer - What do you mean? Are you taking a week off of weights to do yoga? Like an active recovery week?

G'day ladies,

Just got back from Ashtanga class - and it was a great workout.
The room was toasty warm which made for some great stretches.

I have to run off to do some shopping - but will back this afternoon.

Toodles.

Lora - Wow, busy workout day...and falling sleep during child's pose, you mean, you slept in child's pose position? OMG! You must have reallllly been sleepy! And thank you again for the DVD. I would think it takes about 5 days or so?

Hi, Megadoo! Hi, Yve!

Yeah, Jen, are you taking a yoga week?

Evening everyone! Tonight's workout was...weird. I did the GS legs floorwork, but I used BMax 2 for the warm-up instead of the GS warm-up. Since my emphasis the past few weeks has been strength, it is not a big deal if the cardio isn't perfect. Which is a good thing because it wasn't even close! x( I spent 30 minutes on step combo one alone and still did not "nail it" all the way through after 3 passes. It got so bad, I just did the workout with the remote in my hand. Can you visualize that? It's the latest in workout accessories (at my house)! I got almost everything except the part where you reverse turn step and then go into the Charleston Kick. I am familiar with the Charleston, but in combo with the other move, I seem to be about 2 steps behind which messes up the rest of the routine. And you know Cathe-no wasted footwork, and it goes by so quick, once you lose your spot the rest of the routine is over!! I at least got a good workout with it because I always picked it back up from the jump rope around the world, so that alone got the heart rate up quite a bit. (So, August, I could probably have jumped rope around the world to Tokyo by now-LOL! :) )

Lora/August/everyone-Yep, I typically put in a yoga week between rotations. My theory is that it keeps my body guessing and sorta helps to clear out and realign everything I have done to it over the past month. It also helps me mentally gear up for the next rotation and allows me to really make some good flexibility gains versus just once a week. I will probably change this strategy at some point, but right now it seems to be working. It's time to decide what's next after that. I spent some time on the boards printing out rotations and am looking for cardio/fat loss this time. I have narrowed it down to (1)Cathe's January rotation of 2004 (Heavy Cardio & Muscle Endurance), (2) March 2005 Hardcore Series Celebration-Fat Loss Rotation, (3) February 2005 Cardio Blast Rotation, or (4) November 2005 Fat Burning Focus Rotation. Any opinions? Anyone try any of these?

Lora-I finally got over to Ravi & Ana's website and their workouts sound awesome-I can see why you like them so much. I also read some good things about their DVDs on Amazon. I wish they had video clips!
Oh my goodness, I think it was more than just your hips that got blissed out during that workout!!! Too funny!! Sounds like you got great deals at the mall. I am hoping for athletic shoes, too.

Yve-Toasty warm yoga room! My body melts like butter just thinking about it! You lucky girl! It's so nice that you found a good class. I really miss my local yoga studio. It sounds like you have a good teacher, too. I have had some good classes but also some bad ones-I actually came out of one feeling angry instead of relaxed. Some would say that was emotion that came up for release-I say it was more simple than that-it just wasn't the class for me. The teacher had a huge following-though I think it was due to the fact she walked the class complementing some on the "great body" they had and "how jealous she was of their body". Out loud. Yep.

August-I will let you know about the Pure Sweat. I have already previewed it and made some observations, but will see if they are the same after I have actually done the workout. (Waayyy to easy to critique when I was only an armchair yogini!!!) I forgot to tell you I am also going to try the Willpower & Grace workout-it's number one in my Netflix once Rainbeau goes back. I have to check out the ski hat for myself! LOL! :)

Megadoo-Whatcha' been up to today? What WO did you do today? I taped IMAX 2 off of FitTV today. It totally caught me by surprise-it is not on the FitTV schedule when you search Cathe Friedrich on their website, but sure enough, there it was on TV today. I think like the music of IMAX 3 better for motivational purposes. IMAX 2 looked really tough-especially there at the end!

Jen

Hey, Jen,

Well, if you ever jumprope your way overseas, make sure to tell me so I can meet you for a drink. :)

As for which rotation to do, when I was trying to figure out my own rotation, I came across a bunch of threads talking about which rotation worked for them, and the consensus was : August 2005, January 2006, CTX only Rotation. None of which are on your list and obviously do you no amount of good to hear that from me. x( :D

About Ravi and Ana and their not having any video samples - it took me a while to figure this out, but they DO have samples on some of their workouts. If you click around on the various DVDs they have, some of them will show you that they have a short sample, so check it out again. I wish SOOOOO bad that Amazon would get their butt in gear and send me my 11 Kundalinis. When I check the site, they STILL have not even been sent. ;(

Oh, yeah, tell me how you like WillPower & Grace. Even hearing the title gives me a bit of the dread factor LOL but it sure does make my legs crumble.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.