Trying to Fit Yoga in for Sat Dec 30

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning my fellow yoga ladies -

This morning was supposed to be my rest day, but since I have to go celbrate Christmas at the DH's family's house today, I decided I needed to burn some calories. I did Champion Urban Rebounding for Adults with Jerry James (about 25 minutes) and then about 25 minutes of Rebecca Small's Step 2 Success. I also did Yoga for Beauty Dusk with Rainbeau Mars (50". Boy did it feel good to get all of those toxins out of my hips this week (all of this job situation stress has been accumulating in there). At the end of the cardio, I burned 391 calories. I did my own cool down and stretch so total cardio was 57".

I am going to be addicted to both of these workouts for a while. I LOVED the rebounding one. It is the best one I've ever done. I know nobody else here has a rebounder but this was intense and had a really cool kickboxing segment and a Pitbull segment where you do these running drills (intervals) like you're being chased by a Pitbull. Jerry was a very cool instructor and I really liked him. Production quality was not the best, but I could care less. It's hard to find a good rebounding video.

I also think Rebecca has "officially" taken over as my favorite step instructor.....(sorry Seasun). I still love Seasun, but Rebecca's even better. She has a sense of humor and has so much fun working out. I love the music on the DVD (like Seasun's also...but this maybe a bit more) and the combos are very creative. She looses me all of the time, but with practice....I'll get it eventually. I figured working on complex coreography might help make my mind sharper -- and in turn, help me better at my new job?? hoping??

Well - as mentioned above....I will be in North Canton, OH all day (yuk...long drive) and we have to stay there forever when we go to his family's house. Plus, Christmas is over. I think the way they do it is stupid. I wish they'd just do it on Christmas Eve like normal people. I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but they don't know the "real" me very well. I'll get a bunch of Christmas Decorations and I don't even decorate for the holidays. I always bring them home and put them directly in the basement. Some day when I'm dead and buried, someone in the family will have loads of brand new decorations! I know it's the thought that counts and I just graciously accept them and try to act enthused. I guess since it took them about 15 years to realize I don't eat meat......they may never figure out I don't decorate and I'm not a domestic goddess.....and prefer Yoga/exercise videos and workout stuff!! Okay, I'll stop....I'm not usually so opinionated....just got on a roll there. This new job stress thing is getting to me.

Karin - Yes, Eion is cool. I just love the yoga instructors that are very compassionate, kind and caring. I like when they tell you to only push to your ability cuz of my injury. I hate the fact that I have to modify and I always feel like I'm not "good enough" because of this and it gets me down. Eion and Rainbeau both make me feel good about myself. Plus I love when Eion says bizzare things (cuz I've always liked different/weird people) like on PY4H - he says, now taste the cherry nectar in that hip. This should be straight off of the goodometer....and his other little sayings that he has. For that one series of sun salutations, he says this should be slow and sensual and then he makes reference to a Sade love song. He's too cool. I'd love to meet him some day. Also would LOVE to meet Rainbeau. She is the best!! As you know, I've conversed with her via email and she was so grateful and appreciative of the fact that I have everything she has out. She's cool. Gotta love it.

So August is off on another venture...huh? I wonder if she works out at all when she's traveling. I don't think I'd like that.

Well, I better run....gotta go soak in my Lushie tub. I got a new Holiday Bubble Bar that smells divine. I hope my sinuses don't clog so I can smell it.

I also got some new hair stuff. Has anyone hear heard of Wen hair care by ChazDean? I saw him on QVC and bought some stuff and then I found his website. I think I'm going to like this stuff. All I have now is the Texture Balm and Styling cream. I'm waiting for the hair oil and Cleansing Conditioner to come. Let me go find the website so you ladies can check this out.
Here's the website and I'll let everyone know how it is after I try it...but you can read about it. It sounds really good for the hair...especially colour treated.
www.chazdeanstudio.com

Good Morning!!

Today I will be doing the P90X yoga. Tomorrow is a rest day and Monday is starting phase 2 of P90X for me. Took some pictures at end of phase 1 yesterday and will post when I have time.

Jen,

I do love Vixen, Umbra and HellCat. Those three are my some of my favs. Ravenous is pretty sexy too and Love Me is soooo similiar to Umbra.

Charlotte~~

Hi all! Tonight's workout was supposed to be CTX Kickbox & 10 min Ab Hits. I can't believe it-after purchasing about 10 Cathe DVDs with at least 30 workouts on them-I don't have this one!!!!! So, once again I subbed. I did Timesaver # 4, which was the WU from KPC, Cardio Kickbox from KPC, Shoulders from SJP/Timesaver Bonus Footage, and the Stretch from KPC. I liked it and it was only 43 minutes. Kinda felt guilty about that, especially since it's the weekend, but I waited (read: stalled around :)) until about 8:30 pm to work out, which is very late in my book. I am still conflicted about the next rotation, but I am so happy to be in my yoga/pilates recovery week!! I just read on the Xer's check-in that doing P90X has made them rethink some of their fitness ideas, espcially the more cardio, less weights advice that gets so much exposure. So that's why I am conflicted again. I have a week to make up my mind, so I will not be stressing about this-there's always the default to what Cathe posts for January, as well.

Lora-Hope XMAS with the in-laws went better than expected. I am excited for you on the new job. I think it will be hard work but there will probably be good perks along the way and you will learn a lot of interesting stuff. I love getting the scoop on good beauty products-I will check out the hair products at some point-no more buying for me right now!!

Megadoo-(((hugs))) Wish you did live closer-I would take you up on that walk! You are such a sweetie! :) That stuff happened quite awhile ago, but is obviously still fresh in my memory. Are you and DH doing anything exciting for New Year's?

Charlotte-Good luck w/ phase 2! Can't wait to see your progress pics!

Tammy-DH is at the store picking up soy milk for me. Is there a particular brand that you like better? Just wondering, since it's make with soybeans, does it give you any...ummm, well....abdominal/gastrointestional distress? :D

A SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL! (Including any lurkers! Make it your resolution to join us!) ;)

Jen

P.S. I also asked DH to pick up whole wheat bread at the store. He looked so sad and said just this once can we have "normal" bread? LOL! Poor guy! I also told him we are going to be working out together on weekends. (I won't make him commit to during the week just yet.) We'll start slow with some yoga and then I will introduce him to some Cathe weights like slow/heavy! :) Oh, I have such plans for him! }(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.