Trying to Fit Yoga in for Sat Dec 29

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies - if anyone's out there today

This morning I did The Biggest Loser Cardio Max. I modified some of the higher impact on the Rebounder to give my feet a break and then I added on about 5 minutes of free form gliding at the end. I listened to my own music. Cardio was 59" and I burned 493 calories.

I also did Anusara Yoga with Elaine Brewer and didn't particularly enjoy it. Will try it again at a later date. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for it.

Have great workouts or rest days everyone. I'm eating my shredded wheats now and then I'll get my bath and get ready to go out of town for the day. I hate leaving my babies alone all day!! We are celebrating Christmas on my DH's side of the family in North Canton which is about an hour and 15 mintues away from here.

Hi there! I hope you don't mind if I join your thread. Lately I have really been wanting to add more yoga into my routine. I am planning on doing Rodney Yee's Power Yoga Total Body a little bit later today.

Hi Ladies,

This morning I went to my prenatal yoga class - then went out and had my hair cut and styled. I am still having a hard time with my carpal tunnel. I cannot do any downward or upward dogs - planks - or anything else where we are putting pressure on our hands. I have been doing childs pose instead...Some days are worse than others - but even on good days -if I place too much pressure on my hands - my fingers immediately get tingly and numb. I have to try and fit in a prenataly massage or something - bc it is getting me a bit down.

Welcome Jill! Looking forward to chatting - and getting to know you. What are your favourite yoga workouts?

Lora - Have a safe trip to your in-laws. You asked the other day about my new dvds - They are Erin O'Brien's prenatal series - and Shiva Rea's prenatal yoga workout.

Kel - Know exactly what you mean about being tense and a worrier by nature. I think my love of yoga has grown bc it is the one thing that keeps my mind in the moment -- and keeps me grounded... But gosh - those wee hours of the morning really get me some times. I am sorry you have been sick. This is a stressful time of year - and with all the stress our immune systems are down - and are more susceptible to bugs. Hope you get some rest.

Jen - Hope you are well - and enjoying the holiday season. Lucky you!! You got a Bosu!!! Enjoy shopping for dvds. Hope your upcoming appts go well.

Hope everyone has a nice day. I am going to a party later today. My cousins eloped in the Caribbean - and are having a post-wedding - pre-New Years party tonight. It should be fun - though I can't have any wine :( That's ok..... I have found it quite interesting this Xmas season - to be the one bone sober person observing all who have loosened up after a few beverages :eek:

Cheers to all!

Yve

Thanks for the welcome! I'm 33, married (for 11 years), and have an 8 year old daughter. I live in Colorado, am a student (went back to school after 10 years off), and will graduate in May with a degree in Environmental Earth Science with a minor in geology (thus 'geo'jill).

I did my Power Yoga Total Body tonight and DD joined me during the last half of it. She is just starting to do yoga and got Bendigirl Yoga for Christmas from her aunt and uncle.

I started yoga a couple of years ago with Sarah Ivanhoe and enjoyed Fat Burning Yoga but never did it as much as I would have liked (I did more Tae Bo and Cathe for weights). I have found that I like the flowing yoga, but prefer the more 'westernized' version without focus on meditation or anything like that. I have Baron Baptiste Long & Lean yoga but didn't like it because he talked way too much for my liking. I have Kristin McGee Power Yoga, which I haven't tried yet, and Yoga Zone's Power Yoga (also haven't tried yet, just previewed). I have Power Yoga Flexibility and I do like that, especially to tack onto the end of a shorter cardio workout or something.

I'm still looking for others for variety. I've heard that Bryan Kest's 3 video set (energize, tone, sweat) is good, but I previewed one of his other workouts on collagevideo and I am afraid to buy it in case he talks as much as Baptiste did. So if anyone has some good recommendations for me, I'm all ears :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.