Trying to Fit Yoga In for Sat Dec 1

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies - (if anyone checks in today)

This morning I did Petra's Dance 1,2,3. Workout was 56" long and I burned 460 calories. This wasn't very intense and my HR stayed in the 70-75% range. It was fun though. I wanted to do a recovery type of workout anyway. Also, since I managed to get up at 2:30 am (not quite 2:00 am yet...but I'm trying), I did The Great Instructors Yoga with Shiva Rea - Free Form Vinyasa Flow 90". I enjoyed this practice much more than I thought I would when I previewed it. This was filmed live at a San Francisco conference and it's quite interesting to see Shiva in a live class.....however, I missed the breathtaking scenery usually seen in her videos!

Shiva's practice was like a cross between Fluid Power with the wave like motions and then there were free form segments (like Trance Dance) and I surprisingly, enjoyed the free form parts. Toward the end of the practice, we even did 5 minutes of free form yoga poses....and did whatever we felt we needed for those 5 minutes and I was quite proud of how creative I got and how in tune I was as to what poses I needed to do. Also, since the class was live, it helped me to learn some of the tougher sequences she does in Fluid Power that are hard to pick up on the Fluid Power DVD. It was easier in the live class cuz she had to correct people and help those who were confused....like me!! LOL.

Have a great day ladies. My last weekend of being free.......and then it's back to working full-time on Monday! I made sure I had a week of long workouts cuz who knows how much time I'll have this week. It's supposed to snow every day this week....so I'll have to leave for work even earlier! I don't like the snow!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.