Trying to Fit Yoga n For Mon June 4

lorajc

Cathlete
Norning Ladies -

his morning I did Gym Style Chest & Triceps. I only burned 176 calories. pI wanted to add on some cardio and yoga, but no time for that today, as I have to clean and run errands and also have a late morning dental appintment to get my TMJ splint adjusted. I also need to start getting used to not doing my yoga daily, as I won't be able to do daily yoga when I go back to work. Hve a g a great day everyone.
Off to eat my oatmeal and then clean.

Hi Lora & all who may follow.

My DH & I had a very nice time in Nashville over the weekend, which we made long by taking an extra day & a half off last week. We stayed downtown & walked around quite a bit, just taking in the sights & taking it easy. We also met up with several friends, took in some music, & did some catching up. We really had a great time & I'm sorry we couldn't stay longer but I wasn't a bit "good" with my food intake so maybe it's a good thing. I also think I walked enough that (hopefully) it wasn't too damaging. I still feel very bloated & just plain yucky but that could partially be due to the fact that it's TTOTM. I also forgot to turn on my alarm last night so when my DH's alarm went off, it was too late to work out & too early to get in the shower... so I sipped on some coffee & woke up a bit before getting ready for work. I usually don't work out in the evenings but I feel so yucky right now that I just really feel the need to fit it in tonight & I know how much better it will make me feel so I told my DH at least 3 times this morning that I was planning to work out right after I got home tonight & then I'd fix us a big salad for supper (he's really wanting to lose some weight so I'm going to do my part to help him out with that - my next challenge is getting him on the treadmill - LOL!). Anyway, tonight I plan to do Ripped 1000 so I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow. Sorry so late posting today but I was a bit behind from taking off last week. Thankfully, things were pretty calm around here so I'm finding some time to post.

Lora - I haven't reviewed any of the posts from over the weekend so I'm wondering how your mom is doing? I hope she's doing much better now that she's home. Sounds like you got in another great workout so great job with that... & good luck with your cleaning too!

Jen - Hope to "see" you today & hope you had a great weekend!

Well, off to see what else I can get done today so I'll check back in later.

Take care!

Hi again!

Just found out that my DH will need to work late tonight so maybe I can fit in some yoga (I hope). According to everything else I've heard about the Ripped workouts, I'd like to add on some abs too so wish me luck & I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Bye again for now. If I get a chance, I'll check back again tonight but if not, I'll "see" you girls again tomorrow!

This was in the Ravi & Ana Newsletter. Interesting article about hips and yoga....

YOGA BLISS HIPS - HOW DOES IT WORK

I own all of your dvds, most of them I purchased used or swapped other dvds to obtain them. I frequent several online exercise forums and in reviewing your dvd, Yoga Bliss Hips, many people say that they feel that the dvd doesn't contain enough hip openers.

This is actually one of my most used Kundalini dvds. The first time I used it I felt that addressed the hips on more than one level. I'm currently in school for medical massage therapy and I've learned that you can often more effectively open an area if you also address the surrounding areas that may be contributing to the tightness. You also mention that the hips are related to moving forward in life so perhaps more is required than simply trying to force the hips to physically open. Perhaps there is much more to be gained in our lives when we work our hips than simply obtaining a perfect lotus position.

I can even see where the laughter section, which relaxes the diaphragm can decrease pressure in the lower abdominal area and in that way facilitate
release in the hips - at least that's what I was thinking. At any rate after speaking positively of this dvd multiple times I thought I'd email and ask you about it directly. Thank you very much for putting out your excellent dvds. I'm very much looking forward to the next two due out in July. L

Thanks for writing. You are absolutely correct that there is more to the hips than the hips. As you know, Kundalini Yoga views us humans multi-dimensionally.We feel that hip opening is important. We have seen that many people are locked in this area because of unresolved emotional issues manifesting as an inability to move forward towards fulfillment.

On the physical level the pelvic area is the framework for the psoas muscle which is essentially our core. When the solar plexus is tight from stress and emotional duress, the psoas muscle is forced to compensate and the hips become tighter. On the metaphysical level the hip area relates to the second chakra, our water element, creativity and uniqueness. When people graduate from a first to a second center orientation, a 'same old same old' world view becomes one filled with new and exciting possibilities.

We did, in fact, design Yoga Bliss Hips with the concept of less is more. When someone works the hips but doesn't address the underlying issues (with regard to why the hips were tight in the first place) then they will tend to further the imbalance. In other words, overworking an area often yields the opposite of what was intended. The subtitle for Yoga Bliss Hips is Kundalini Yoga for Hip Opening and Mood Mastery. We used hip work as an inroad to the emotional level and emotional work to facilitate hip opening. The meditation at the end, So Darshan Chakra Kriya is the most powerful technique we know of to help people address the core issues of their lives.

Thanks again for writing and for your insights. It is rewarding to hear from people who are benefiting from their Kundalini Yoga practice and gaining insight into its workings!

Hi ladies! I did not work out this evening. My DH and I needed some sit down and talk time that we did not get this weekend. We are fine, just needed to keep the lines of communication open about the "baby" subject and whether or not to try IVF. I think we are getting close to trying it. I am very scared to death over this, but don't want to spend life wondering "what if" either. We decided to give the reversal a full year (August) and then if nothing has happened by then to move forward with other plans. I am so anxious because I have made a great deal of progress and IVF will mean I will have to be very careful with my body for quite some time-(i.e. very limited to no exercise) and deal with issues such as weight gain, etc. Not to mention everything else a woman goes through. After reading up on it tonight (60 pages as an "overview" to what the procedure entails) I have a very healthy respect for those that have had to pursue pregnancy through this avenue....it is not a walk in the park. Frequent blood draws and injections-both of which make me woozy and sick. I thought to myself that I could not do it....but then remembered that my mom went through those kinds of things on a daily basis for years (kidney dialysis) and realized that I certainly can find a way to do this. Sorry for the long intro...I have been away more than usual lately because I was struggling so much with this decision and have just needed some time to think about it all.

Moving on.........

Anyway, last night I did Ripped Slim & Lean Biceps three times through. I decided to perform the sets in pyramid down (heavy first set, middle, then lightest weight) fashion just to change things up (I have never trained that way before-usually it's pyramid up.) and got nice DOMS in the biceps today! :) I followed biceps with the abs segment wearing 1 lb weighted gloves. I finished with Minna Lessig's Fat Elminator.

Lora-Finally opened the package...thanks so much for the imps! Again, so thoughtful and generous-I really appreciate it. I previewed Xflowsion and it looks great. I like the live band..I thought that was very cool. I only previewed the "live in hollywood" one but I can't wait to watch the others too. Has anyone reviewed this over at VF yet? Just wondering what the word is over there. Thanks for posting the Ravi and Ana newsletter. They are always so interesting. Are they any closer to putting out new DVDs? My jewelry party over the weekend was fun. Of course, you're right, not my idea of the best way to spend the weekend either and I don't enjoy those types of things at all (as a matter of fact, I usually try to get out of them), but it was to help out my cousin, so I was glad to go there and support her.

Kel-Sounds like you had a lovely weekend! Can't wait to hear what you think about Ripped 1000! I am enjoying doing the one body part per day rotation enough to extend it another two weeks. I saw your post to Heather on the Open Discussion Boards. What a heartfelt and emotional story she posted! I don't cry much but her post really moved me to tears. It sounds like you are starting to motivate your DH! That's good news! :) You'll have to keep us updated on his progress!

Have a great night everyone!

Jen

Hi again ladies...

Lora - Thanks for posting the interesting article! I always enjoy reading your posts. Not everyone realizes that there is so much more to yoga than simply stretching or holding challenging poses so I appreciate the resourceful information you post on occasion.

Jen - You are really going through some heavy stuff right now & I wish you & your DH the best of luck in arriving at the decision that's best for you. I can't imagine what you must be going through & I truly hope everything works out for you.

I enjoyed Ripped 1000 workout, although I didn't care much for Jari's personality or the music or the guy who kept getting that "deer in the headlights" look on his face - LOL. It was quite different than Cathe with all the high reps... & I also had to scrub the pool, which is an upper body all in itself, so I think I'm going to feel it tomorrow... & I'm sure I'll benefit from the change in my routine too. I'll have to wait until Wednesday to see if I still feel like RTTC or decide to go back to Cathe. I was also able to fit in a nice yoga routine that I had never done before. It's off the Hemalaya Yoga for Urban Living DVD & I did the Evening Bath practice. It was about 25 minutes long & only floor poses so it was a nice ending to the day.

Well, I guess I should get ready for bed now. I hope you ladies have nice evenings & I'll be back tomorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.