Trying to Fit Yoga In for Monday Sept 10

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies-

This morning I did my Jillian's Frontside book circuit. Workout was 63" long and I burned 366 calories. My HRM wasn't working right again.

I've still got this lousy headache. I might take a Zomig before I leave for work. I won't be back until this evening.

Jen - glad to hear Lenny is walking and doing well (it seems). Is he the non-Basset Hound doggie in the pics? Boy, I'm gonna miss my Brookie today! Separation anxiety!! LOL. You didn't sound preachy yesterday....and no I'm not always good about crosstraining. I need to take time and do some of my other stuff now and then rather than just doing yoga on the weekends and a functional fitness week once and a while. Maybe with all of this job change stuff.....I can try to work on that part of my life and incorporate more ballet type workouts, pilates, etc. I've still got that power cord I bought for my Reformer that I have to figure out how to put on.

Yikes, I'm sitting here and fidgeting like crazy. My legs are bouncing a million miles a minute as I type.......crazy nervous energy. Oh well....it's a good way to burn some additional calories. LOL!

Have a great day everyone. I won't be around until this evening. I think I'm supposed to get my Halloween BPAL order tonight. Sure hope my nose is clear and I can smell!

Good afternoon!

Oh my goodness, I ate like crap all weekend long! Of course, we did work hard on Saturday so maybe that helped a little. I also got up & did BC this morning, doubling 4 of the cardio sections & adding a little extra chest & bicep work, to try & help make up for it too. It felt good & I'm also back on track with my eating habits too. Tonight, I'm making big salads for supper. Mine will have avocado & DH's will have some kind of meat or maybe seafood on it. YUM!

Lora - Oh my gosh, I am SO sorry that darn headache is still hanging on! I hope it goes away & I hope you have a great first day at work too. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it later today & hearing how Brooklyn did too...

Jen!!! I love your new avatar! You look great! I looked at your other photos too & your house is absolutely beautiful. I love your yoga room. I would love to have a room like that. I also enjoyed seeing photos of your babies & your DH too. Thanks for sharing!

Well, I guess I'll keep it pretty short for now. I hope everyone has a great Monday & I'll try to check back later.

Take care!

Finally home from work.........and pleased to report that I had the best First Day on a Job ever. Even the girl who was teaching me went into the office manager this afternoon to tell her what a good job I was doing. Don't get me wrong, it's an awful lot of work and I'm not sure I'll be able to do it all in one day, but I was nervous about learning it for nothing, as it's nothing I can't handle and I expected it to be much harder. It's probably going to be a bit boring after a while cuz regular transcription was and this is nowhere near as hard as regular transcription. Mostly typing very specific path reports, entering patient demographics and billing. Not a whole lot to learn about like I did when I typed Neurosurgery transcripton. The office runs very organized (must be true that the Office Manager is a good manager -- which is what my first impression of her was). The people are all extremely nice and professional. Worst part of the day was not drinking enough water or eating enough......but re: the food part - maybe I'll finally lose weight.

Not sure if anyone's around this late........but I'm just getting ready to relax for the evening.

ETA: forgot to mention what I did this morning to my poor cats. I was so nervous about leaving and left something at home and had to run back in the house......when I left....I left the Infared alarm on in the inside of the house and one of the cats set it off and my DH came home to the alarm going off and it's LOUD!! The babies didn't know what was going on. Poor babies.

Also forgot to mention how handy all of my yoga sessions came in today. This morning when I was hyper-nervous and stressed, I found myself doing deep breathing unconsciously........which I believe is directly related to all of my yoga practice which teaches you to breath thru the stress of the pose. I usually hold my breath when I'm nervous, so I was happy to realize this!

Hi ladies! Tonight's WO was a walk with one of the Bassett Hounds, Gabbie. Bless her little heart. She wants to go, she really really does but she struggles to keep up. I tried not to keep her out too long, since it is still pretty warm here. After about 20 minutes I came home and then did Kathy Smith's Secrets of a Great Upper Body. [font color=green](And yoginis, you would be so proud of me 'cause I also did just the deep relaxation and meditation portions of Yoga Beauty Body.)[/font]

We had the nicest thing happen to us. When I last took Lenny to the vet, they told me I had a credit on my account. They asked me if I had come in over the weekend and I said no and they said there must be some mistake with my account. I just assumed they posted someone's payment to our account accidentally or something and didn't think anything else about it. The vet's office also thought it was an error that needed research, so I paid the full amount of the visit. My husband called me today and said one of his coworkers had to take his daughter's dog up to the same emergency vet place and while he was there [font color=crimson] he paid for Lenny's next chemo treatment.[/font] Isn't that so nice! :) :) :) He ended up losing his daughter's dog that day...the dog's heart was enlarged and there was nothing more they could do. [font color=gold]What a special gesture on a day that he already had so much more on his mind.[/font] So, my DH called the vet's office today and because of the notes in the system, the credit was still there. The note in the system said "To Lenny, from your Uncle Dan." (Dan is DH's friend & coworker.) Wow.

Lora-I am so glad your first day of work went well! Working with nice people makes all the difference, doesn't it? They are the people at work that really impress me and make me want to do better. :) Poor kitties and the alarm today. Re: Lenny-yes, he's the non-Bassett one in the picture.

Kel-Yeah, I know what you mean about the eating crappy part! You sure did one heck of a redemption workout!!!!! :eek: Thanks for the comments about the avatar and my house. We keep painting rooms, so I will have to post some more pictures as we go. How is the house coming that you and your DH are remodeling? I was so intrigued by that....particularly the larger laundry room. If there is one room in the house I could expand...that would be it! Not that I want to spend more time in there....LOL! :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.